Thursday, February 11, 2010

PENELOPE CRUZ TO JOIN JOHHNY DEPP IN "PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN ON STRANGER TIDES"?

Although you people know I don't really find Penelope Cruz either interesting or talented (unlike her best friend Salma Hayek), and I'm not a fan of "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise, I thought this piece of news might sound cool to some of you :) Judging from the latest reports she is in negotiations to join Johnny Depp in "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides". If she signs the deal she would play the "foil" to Johnny Depp's Captain Jack Sparrow and would also get reunited with director Rob Marshall, who is helming the new film.
Although the details of the plot haven't been released yet, according to "Movieweb" it is believed that the film will focus on the Fountain of Youth. The movie is supposed to start filming in Hawaii this summer, with a May 20, 2011 premiere.

8 comments:

  1. Another Pirates movie? Why? Oh yeah, because the others made a ton of cash.
    Not a Cruz fan either. Salma Hayek, now that's a different story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ Yea I'd rather see Hayek in this film as well. Or Angelina Jolie, she'd make a good Pirate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Salmonella would make a much better "piratess" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fan of Pirates of the Caribbean but not Penelope Cruz....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard Cruz turned down the Von Trier movie for this, is this true? That would be the worst decision ever made

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked her in 'Abre los Ojos,' but not much since. This might be an interesting combination, but I echo Alex, another Pirates movie?

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eh, Castor, I would turn down Von Trier as well. As much as I adore DOGVILLE, I totally lost interest and respect for that man after all the unethical things he did in MANDARLAY and ANTICHRIST.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually think this will be the best Pirates film since the first, simply because it's a chance for them to move on to a completely new story. And Penelope can be super HOT in a laced-up corset and a pirate hat.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.