Saturday, February 20, 2010

WILLIAM SHATNER IN "SHIT MY DAD SAYS"

Now this sounds totally crazy. According to "The Hollywood Reporter", William Shatner will star in the new CBS pilot, "Shit My Dad Says" based off a Twitter phenomenon.
The story is about the real Twitter account created by Justin Halpern, a 29-year-old who moved back in with his parents and posts bizarre, profane statements that his 73-year-old father says in their daily conversations. Halpern launched the account in August and has amassed 1.1 million followers since then. Halpern co-wrote the pilot script and will produce the pilot with "Will & Grace" creators David Kohan and Max Mutchnick. The project received a script commitment in November but with Shatner on board, the pilot has been greenlit for production. Off course the title might get changed if the pilot goes to series :))

14 comments:

  1. If that green light stays green, I see this being a huge hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can see Shatner playing the father with no problem. I agree with Elspeth, this could be a huge hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I think, Shatner has finally found a way to use his naughty and flamboyant personality on screen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly I find about 50% of what the guy says to be funny, the rest to be rather rude and insensitive. But I think Shatner has the natural charm to make it work.

    I am still waiting on your Twitter arrival Dez :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shatner will be great! Just stuns me the people who are becoming famous through Twitter...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you serious!???!? I'm glad for Shatner but they must be really running out of creative juice out there...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Castor don't tell me it's only now that you've noticed how Tinseltown is out of creative juice :PPP

    @Unie
    To be honest I'm not really sure how I manage to cover HOLLYWOOD SPY, Facebook and MySpace with the time I (don't) have, so I'm not sure when will I start twitting as well :)

    @Alex
    Hooray 4 Shatner :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shatner is funny when given the right lines--and these will be other people's words, so it should work! He was great in Boston Legal.

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, he was holding BOSTON LEGAL together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shatner is very funny these last few years. :)
    But I would welcome any new comedy, even without him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Since they won't actually be able to use that title, I suggest "Shat My Dad Says". :p

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.