Tuesday, February 2, 2010

LADY GAGA IS OUR STAR OF 2009. NEW POLL - THE BEST LOVE MOVIE


So our STAR OF 2009 poll has just finished and Lady Gaga has won the flattering tittle with 50% of your votes, followed by Sam Worthington with 20% and Beyonce and James Cameron with 15% of all votes.
Lady Gaga came onto the music scene like a breath of fresh air in 2009, bringing creativity and art into the mediocre pop scene. With her mega successful hits "Just Dance", "Poker Face", "Paparazzi, "Lovegame", "Bad Romance", "Alejandro" ... she ruled 2009 and it looks like she's not going to give over her throne in 2010 either. She has managed to convince the world that being weird, unusual and unique isn't a bad but a good thing.

Since February is the month when love is in the air, when you give your hearts to your loved ones packed in a box of chocolates or wrapped in a bouquet of roses, I've thought it would be a good idea to have love as the theme of our next poll. What's the best romantic movie you've ever seen. The list of options consists of the movies which always make me believe in love, in the power of good, in the strength of kindred hearts. So here are the candidates, and if you haven't seen some of them, you should, trust me they all hide movie magic: MOULIN ROUGE (the spellbinding musical with Nicole and Ewan which makes you believe that love lifts us up where we belong), LOVE ACTUALLY (British classic teaching us that the best present to give and receive is a loving heart), SIMPLE IRRESISTIBLE (magical masterpiece with Sarah Michelle Gellar and Sean Patrick Flannery in which magic had opened their hearts and love did the rest), NEVER BEEN KISSED (the adorable love story between Drew Barrymore and Michael Vartan which says that love can never come too late), THE FOUNTAIN (deeply touching and profound love of Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz which tells us that to live forever is nothing if you cannot love forever), CORPSE BRIDE (for those of you weirdos out there, because love always rises to the occasion, sometimes even literally) , BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN (love is a force of nature), A WALK IN THE CLOUDS (Keanu Reeves and Aitana Sánchez show us how love can be found even when it seems such miracle will never fold its wings around you). You can give us your loving votes as many times as you like in next two weeks ;)

9 comments:

  1. hmmm hard to pick. you put up some really good ones!
    I'm choosing love actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st) Lady Gaga winning. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I rest my case.

    2nd) My favorite romance film is The Apartment, but if I have to choose from those I suppose Moulin Rouge, but in all honesty none of them would be my top :\

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics. She is a bit weird for me but hot!

    My favorite romance movie would be Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Heck I could go simple and cheesy with the Notebook. I haven't seen The Fountain but I have it, ready for a watch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vote on people, and we'll try and get Gaga to vote in our poll as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have to pay attention to Gaga. My friends say her music is great, and I am greatly intrigued by her. There is a part of me that is jealous of her outrageousness. I long to be that free! I sort of was once, but not really...

    I think I voted for Sam Worthington, but because I like to guess trends, not because of personal feelings. I was wrong!

    As for the next poll, should I reveal my vote? I am truly, madly, deeply in love with one of the movies. I haven't seen 'The Fountain' (it got bad reviews over here upon release). I'm not into 'Corpse Bride.' I think 'Brokeback Mountain' was one of the most brilliant movies evry made, a spectacular performance by Ledger--but the most romantic on that list? Sorry, no.

    Ok, my vote is in. I love this blog!

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chels, I think you voted for MOULIN ROUGE :))
    As for the BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN its romantic depth lies in the reasons those two cowboys got together and in the fact their love lasted so long in the surroundings they lived in.

    Yes, we should all go gaga from time to time :)

    You should watch THE FOUNTAIN, but watch it deeply, with open eyes, mind and heart and you'll love it. It's nothing you've ever seen before.

    This blog loves you too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will watch The Fountain. And Brokeback remains one of my favorite movies. I'm not telling my vote until it's all in! You'll never get it out of me!

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.