Friday, October 29, 2010

FIRST LOOK OF CHRIS EVANS AS CAPTAIN AMERICA! TOM CRUISE AND TAYLOR SWIFT IN "ROCK OF AGES" MUSICAL??? PAUL HAGGIS DIRECTS INTENSE PRISON FLICK "CELL 211"

Ah, here it is finally, the first official picture of Chris Evans as CAPTAIN AMERICA THE FIRST AVENGER has appeared on the cover of next week's ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY! Well, he does look positively dashing, even though we can't see the whole costume. How do you like it?
Starring Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving, Tommy Lee Jones, Sebastian Stan, Dominic Cooper ... the film comes out next July!

Talented Paul Haggis might direct the English version of the Spanish film CELL 211. This critically acclaimed film centered on a newly hired prison guard who wants to make a good impression on his bosses, when he leaves behind his pregnant wife and comes in a day early to get a tour of the facility. When a brutal prison riot breaks out, he is knocked unconscious and when he awakens, the guard is forced to assume the role of a prisoner alongside the most dangerous killers alive. He tries to defuse the uprising and escape before the prisoners realize who he really is.

Oh, what a strange, strange combination: Tom Cruise has been offered a supporting role in ROCK OF AGES, a film based on the hit Broadway musical, in which country star Taylor Swift will take the lead role. With the sound of 80's pop and rock classics, the film itself will follow a young rocker and a small town girl chasing their dreams in L.A. and Cruise might play a bartender mixing them some cocktails :)

20 comments:

  1. ummm... tom cruise? so weird.
    that cell211 sounds pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what to expect when my Entertainment Weekly arrives tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Captain looking pretty good so far. Red skull/johann schmidt is looking pretty thorough as a villan. Peggy carter is delicious, & from everything else I’ve gathered,it’s shaping up to be a nice time at the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Captain America will probably be a big selling costume next Halloween.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Captain America is one comic I never really paid attention to....
    What's his superpower, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  6. DEZMOND - Holy Hot Tomales, Chris looks great!!! I like Taylor Swift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty cool stuff. Kinda stoked for Captain America, but Thor will be better, and then the Avenegrs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Vics
    him in the film or him in that pic? :)

    @Alex
    I believe this one is from next week

    @Jaccsy
    I like everyone except Peggy, don't like Hayley Atwell.

    @Arlee
    I bet it will! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Andrew
    he is superhuman :))

    @Shells
    he does look great. I like Taylor physically but I have a low opinion of her music.

    @Bryan
    yes, Thor will definitely be better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. just got that exact entertainment weekly in the mail today... interesting... And WHEN did armpits become sexy and HOW do we get them designated *not*??? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  11. ah, yes, I forgot you get magazines ahead of the date which is actually written on the cover. How weird is that?
    I didn't get this about armpits, Leigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i guess tom cruise all around is kinda weird- but i meant in the film...

    ReplyDelete
  13. he he ... that's how I got it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tom and Taylor, indeed a unique combo....wonder if he will fall for her since he likes his women a bit on the younger side. Sorry, I am being naughty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. on the younger and NAIVE side, I'd say :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tom remaking Cocktail? Interesting twist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. well, he does know how to mix it right :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wasn't a while ago there were rumors about Taylor Lautner starring in a flick with Cruise?? But Taylor Swift?? Now that is odd, oh well the project doesn't seem like my cup of tea anyway.

    I was kinda meh about Capt. America but after seeing some of the stills, I like the retro look of it and the costume isn't as bad as I had imagined. PLUS, Richard Armitage is in this so another reason to be excited for it :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Captain America looks good. But I would really like to see some trailer for this film.

    I'm not familiar with Taylor Swift but I don't really care. If this movie has 80's pop and rock classics in it, it's good enough for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Flixy
    oh, yes, I always forget Dicky Armitage is in it as well :)) I myself will watch it for Chris Evans :)

    @Bels
    ah, it's too early for a trailer. And maybe it's better you're not familiar with Taylor :) Although she's cute and lovely, her songs are stunningly insignificant. But we do love us some pop classics from the 80's :)))

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.