Sunday, August 28, 2011

HOLLYWOOD SPY SPOTLIGHTS: NBC'S HOT NEW SHOW "PLAYBOY CLUB" WITH EDDIE CIBRIAN, JENNA DEWAN AND AMBER HEARD!

 One of the new shows which will premiere this Autumn on TV is NBC's PLAYBOY CLUB, which will be set in the 60's similarly
to MAD MEN and to ABC's new show PAN AM. Filled with dashing gents and gorgeous bunnies, the show will bring intrigue, glamour and the 60's style back to TV.

PLAYBOY STORY
A provocative new drama  PLAYBOY CLUB, will be set in the early '60s, where legendary Playboy Club in Chicago is the door to all of your fantasies, and the key is the most sought-after status symbol of its kind.
Inside the seductive world of the bunny, the epitome of beauty and service, the clientele rubs shoulders with the decade's biggest
mobsters, politicos and entertainers. Nick Dalton (Eddie Cibrian) is one of the city's top attorneys and the ultimate playboy, rubbing elbows with everyone in the city's power structure. With mysterious ties to the mob, Nick comes to the aid of Maureen (Amber Heard), the stunning and innocent new bunny who accidentally kills the leader of the Bianchi crime family. Dating Nick is Carol-Lynne (Laura Benanti), a bombshell and established star at the club who knows her days as a bunny are numbered and finds herself continually at odds with Billy (David Krumholtz), the
club's general manager. Adding to the charm of the Playboy club Jenna Dewan will play one of the bunnies as well - Janie, the carefree life of the party who is dating Max (Wes Ramsey), an overly protective bartender.

BUNNY TIDBITS
Academy Award-winning executive producer Brian Grazer (A BEAUTIFUL MIND) is the mastermind of the new show.
It's interesting that two of the cast members have celebrity spouses - Jenna Dewan is Channing Tatum's wife, and Eddie Cibrian is married to lovely country star LeAnn Rimmes, while gorgeous Amber Heard is an open lesbian. The pilot of the show was directed by Alan Taylor who also worked on MAD MEN and THE SOPRANOS. The first name for the series was BUNNY TALES.

13 comments:

  1. Uh, I just don't know what to say about that, but between this show and Pan Am I'm pretty sure things are moving backwards on television.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like this show is tailor made for Amber. Wow, I didn't know Tatum's wife is a celebrity as well, she is quite stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might be cool. I think it's being filmed in Chicago which I love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard really bad things about the Playboy club, I think I'll watch something else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. dez, my computer gave a malware warning from this post, just fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Luanne
    yep, that's totally true, especially having in mind that there's absolutely no sf or futuristic shows on TV! And if I'm watching past on TV I prefer ancient one :) But having in mind the seductive and alluring atmosphere in MAD MEN this one could be interesting too.

    @Flixy
    ah, you actually did know that Jenna is Channing's wife :) I mentioned her once at your site back when you and I were talking about celebs who read and visit our sites :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Kelly
    hope you will like the show when it airs this Fall. Chicago is always cool :) Love the cold weather and the fact that it has about 300,000 Serbs there :)

    @DWei
    he he he :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The girls giving me "do me" eyes make me want to watch this... advertising is doing its thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Edmund
    I heard that from two other people, who also had the same problem with their sites too, it appears that all of us have TOSSING IT OUT blog in our blogrolls and that it good marked for malware for some reason and we kinda got in the same basket :) but I also hear that today nobody had the same problem. I blame the Internet. I personally have strong virus and mallware protection and I'm not dangerous to my readers :)

    @Charmaine
    he he it will be nice watching a bunny fight instead of the cat fight for once :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Inverse
    he he ... this show is certainly playing the sex card :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah... not really my cup of tea.
    but i saw THE WARD the other day, and amber heard was fantastic in that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. she is quite present in films and shows these days :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.