Tuesday, August 30, 2011

FIRST TEASER FOR "THE HUNGER GAMES"!DOLPH LUNDGREN IN "IN THE NAME OF THE KING 2"! MARISA MILLER JOINS RYAN REYNOLDS AND KEVIN BACON IN "R.I.P.D."

After Brooklyn Decker scored a role in BATTLESHIP and Rosie Huntington Whiteley did her gig in TRANSFORMERS, another seductive top model to hit the cinema world is Marisa Miller who will join Ryan Reynolds, Kevin Bacon, Jeff Bridges and Mary Louise Parker in R.I.P.D. as  Jeff Bridges’ undead cop’s human avatar, in this story about the Rest In Peace Department in which all the cops are actually dead but still very active on their duty :) This adaptation of the popular comic book should premiere sometime next year. ___________________________________________________
It is quite possible that I'm the only one in the world who actually kinda liked IN THE NAME OF THE KING: DUNGEON SIEGE with always enjoyable Jason Statham, but although it flopped big
time, the film is getting a sequel. As "Beyond Hollywood" reports, director Uwe Boll is helming the sequel which is ready to premiere sometime this winter and will now have Dolph Lundgren in the story which will follow an ex-Special Forces soldier who gets thrown back into medieval times in order to fulfill an ancient prophecy but he ends up finding redemption for his own battlefield experiences as well. The cast will also include gorgeous Natassia Malthe who often appears in these kinds of films.
___________________________________________________
First teaser for THE HUNGER GAMES was aired last night at
MTV awards and it provoked an avalanche of really bad comments and reactions all around the Net. It's a teaser so it doesn't show much, but what IS seen looks extremely cheep and bad. But there is still time for a real trailer since the film should premiere only next March. As you know, starring Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson the movie adaptation of the popular book depicts a brutal and strange futuristic world in which  teenagers are forced to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

22 comments:

  1. The trailer doesn't show much but wow, the plot sounds great. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. They should rework that trailer!!! Though I still can't wait for the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Clarissa
    yep, it's just a teaser. But I probably won't watch the film since I'm strongly against kids being portrayed as action heroes.

    @Kelly
    they should

    @Inverse
    hehe he :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dezzy, I was mildly intrigued when I first heard about Hunger Games but the teaser didn't do anything for me at all. Was that Liam Hemsworth narrating? He sounds like his brother. In any case, it'll probably make tons of money anyway w/ the Twilight crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tease for THE HUNGER GAMES.

    I've not seen IN THE NAME OF THE KING: DUNGEON SIEGE. Looks like I'll have go find it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hunger Games will be huge. It is a violent premise though. Not sure how they are going to handle that in the movie.

    I've almost watched In The Name Of The King a few times, but always picked something else. Maybe I'll put it on my list of TBW films. I like Stratham better than I used to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard a lot about the Hunger Games but it sounds a lot like Battle Royale if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to the Hunger Games (I still need to read the books) and RIPD sounds pretty hilarious. I can't stand anything that Uwe Boll throws out, and I can't for the life of me imagine why anyone would greenlight a sequel too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow I am getting a little excited about Hunger Games now. I think it could be OK :-)

    Hope you haven't missed me too much Dezzy!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...having torn through the series as if being chased in the process, I'm still not sure if Lawrence was the right choice for Katniss. Read the damn books Hollywood! Jennifer's too flawless to be rugged!

    But I'll keep an open mind, try to at least ;)

    EL

    ReplyDelete
  11. That trailer doesn't make me want to go see it, that's for sure.

    That write-up for IN THE NAME OF THE KING 2 sounds a little bit too close to TIMELINE.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Flixy
    yep, it's Chris Hemsworth's brother, Liam. Did you know that the two of them both auditioned for THOR and actually did the screen testing together? Yep, THE HUNGER GAMES will have the same audience as that horrid TWILIGHT crap

    @Lyndy
    it doesn't mean you will like IN THE NAME OF THE KING DUNGEON SIEGE, Lyndy if I liked it :) The acting in it is rather horrible, but I loved it since I took it with a great sense of humour knowing exactly what to expect, and off course I loved loved watching Statham wielding a sword ... it doesn't really get better than that :) But if you decide to watch it watch it in a relaxed and fun way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Luanne
    put it on the list, sister, but read what I said to Lyndy above :) Statham was a huge huge joy and fun to watch in the film, I mean what better can you expect and want than Statham in medieval clothes wielding a sword ... pure heaven :)

    @Libby
    better luck next time :P You will probably see lot of him in the real trailer when it comes out later this year

    ReplyDelete
  14. @DWeil
    I've no idea what BATTLE ROYAL is but I totally agree with you :PP

    @Jamie
    I've always enjoyed Uwe's films because I watch them without illusions, I always know exactly what to expect and that's what I'm getting from him.

    @Scott
    missed you? You've been missing? Didn't even notice :PPPPP
    Hope you had nice Bank Holidays whatever they might be :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @El
    there are mixed reactions on the casting in the film. I've never read the book, and I'm not planning too, but Jennifer is quite a good actress. When it comes to boys, as far as I understood the characters, I guess Liam and Josh should switch their roles with one another

    @Josh
    yep, it's the same with me about that trailer :)
    Lots of films have that plot, Josh, I'm more worried about Dolph in the lead role then about the story itself :))Not that I don't like me some Dolph ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. hehe sounds good to me...also love the sound of a sword weilding Stratham. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. if you like the sound, just imagine the look :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I must get round to watching In The Name Of The King, I always thought it sounded pretty good but it did get savaged like most Boll films.

    ReplyDelete
  19. you might even enjoy it, Ricky, if you can tolerate Burt Reynolds as king :))))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good trailer/teaser or not, I'm really looking forward to the Hunger Games!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.