Friday, August 12, 2011

COLIN FIRTH & ORLANDO BLOOM IN "MAIN STREET" TRAILER! BEN CROMPTON, MICHAEL MCELHATTON, KARL DAVIES & HANNAH MURRAY JOIN "GAME OF THRONES 2"! DERMOT MULRONEY JOINS NICOLE KIDMAN & MATTHEW GOODE IN WENTWORTH MILLER'S "STOKER"

The casting for the second season of GAME OF THRONES is still going on, and there are four new members in the cast: British actor Ben Crompton will play Dolorous Edd, a member of the Night’s
Watch
who will join Jon Snow and the men of the Night’s Watch as they journey beyond the Wall. There's also Irish actor Michael McElhatton, who will play Roose Bolton, Lord of the Dreadfort. In the second season he will have scenes with Arya Stark. Young British hunk Karl Davies, from the UK soap “Emmerdale” has signed on to play Alton Lannister, who does not appear in the books by George R. R. Martin. And redheaded British actress Hannah Murray will appear in the second season as Gilly whom men of the Night’s Watch meet as they journey beyond the wall and who is involved in some strange twist against Lannisters.
SHORT HOLLYWOOD HEADLINES
The writing debut of actor Wentworth Miller, STOKER, which
follows a girl who recently lost her father when suddenly a mysterious vampirish uncle appears in her life, has just signed in Dermot Mulroney (as father) who will join Nicole Kidman (mother) and Matthew Goode (uncle). Morgan Freeman will play one of the magicians who use magic to commit robberies beside Amanda Seyfried and Mark Ruffalo in NOW YOU SEE ME. Upcoming sequel G.I. JOE 2: RETALIATION will have Bruce Willis as General Joe Colton. He joins Dwayne Johnson and Channing Tatum in the stellar cast.

Now, I've never heard of this film before, which is strange having in mind its stunning cast, but drama MAIN STREET is supposed
to premiere in US cinemas this September. Amazing cast including Colin Firth, Orlando Bloom, Patricia Clarkson, Amber Tamblyn, Andrew McCarthy and legendary Ellen Burstyn, will appear in the story of
several residents of a small Southern city whose lives are changed by the arrival of a stranger with a controversial plan to save their decaying hometown. In the midst of today's challenging times, each of the colorful citizens of this close-knit North Carolina community, will search for ways to reinvent themselves, their relationships and the very heart of their neighborhood.
HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT HOLLYWOOD SPY HAS CROSSED THE MAGICAL NUMBER OF 700,000 VISITORS YESTERDAY, THANKS TO YOU CHARMING FREAKS? :) WE'LL HAVE A MILLION IN OUR POCKET BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR!

32 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Main Street either, Dezzy, but if you haven't then what hope is there for me? :) I might be interested because of Firth, but man that is a bad haircut for Orlando.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Flixy
    I blame Prairy Girl for not informing us about it :)
    What? You didn't like Orlando's haircut? I actually love it a lot!

    @Edmund
    thanks, Edmund, hope you're safe and sound over in UK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Congrats on the 700k - that's huge!

    Great cast for Main St! Hope its good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, Jemi :)
    it really is a great cast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 700,000! Now, about this Colin Firth movie. I'm not sure I like to hear Colin with a Texas accent. It's just wrong somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! 700,000!! Unbelievable, if it wasn't you.

    Is there something wrong with the Karl Davies picture? Looks like a child's head on a grownup body.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this new season of game of thrones news is super exciting- even though i don't know who a single one of those actors are! book 2 just arrived in my mail yesterday!!!!! and it's so fun to fall back into that crazy world! :)

    AND HANNAH MURRAY!!!!!
    she's one of my faves EVER! i loved her portrayal of cassie on skins!

    great casts in main st. and now you see me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh! AND i meant to say congrats on the 700grand!!! i'm not surprised at all by your success! hollywood spy is addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Colin Firth with a southern accent? I'm sure it was a nice challenge for him as an actor, but I don't know if I can get past it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not sure whether i want to see Main Street or not. I am still interested in Stoker however

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure they can find better actors than that annoying little **** from emmerdale?

    Have a nice weekend Dezzy

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, that's a huge number of visitors. I hope they all wipe their feet on their way through the door ;)

    It's a worry the makers of Game of Thrones are introducing a character that doesn't even appear in the books... hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on 700,000!! That is too cool. You'll reach a million in no time, sweetie. ;)

    I love Colin Firth and Ellen Burstyn. Main Street looks amazing and brilliant.

    Now Karl Davies looks scrumptious indeed. Just the thing I need to send me off to dreamland here tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not proud of it, but I'm kind of excited about GI Joe 2.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good numbers my friend for one of the best movie blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty decent cast for Main Street and 700,000.. That's surely magical. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Clarissa
    thanks :) And I've seen lots of negative comments around the net on Colin's accent in MAIN STREET :)

    @Mary
    ah, Mary, kids aren't what they used to be anymore :)

    @Vics
    thanks, Vics :) And I haven't heard of any of those actors either :) but GAME OF THRONES generally doesn't have a lot of famous ones

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Debra
    that seems to be a general opinion around the net :) Don't know who came up with the idea to give him that particular role

    @Dirty
    STOKER could be interesting since it's written by magnificent Wenty Miller :)

    @Custie
    well, since he's playing a Lannister I'm sure they wanted someone annoying :) But God bless his muscles :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Lyndy
    off course they wiped their feet, the penguins won't let anyone pass without the sanitary, viral and hygiene check :)

    @Melsy
    I wonder what happens to the stat counter when it crosses seven digits?
    I knew some of the ladies would enjoy a bit of Karl before sleep :P

    @Libby
    I'm excited about it too, love Dwayne and Channing and the first part wasn't all that bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not worried about Orlando Bloom's haircut, but that moustache...creeper.

    I'm liking the premise of Stoker. Here's hoping it's good.

    I guess I should start watching all those episodes of Game of Thrones on my DVR, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Lurk
    thanks, Lurk, always pleasure to have our favourite Irishman visiting :)

    @Jaccsy
    you know I'm all magical he he :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Josh
    that's my theory as well - it's not the hair but the moustache :)
    There're not many episodes, just ten of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really like the cast for Main Street. Amber Tamblyn is a talented actress, she just needs to steer clear of these trashy horror flicks she seems to star in.

    And congratulations on passing 700,000 hits - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just what we need, another Lannister. And one that doesn't appear in the books, either. Because we couldn't use Kevan, or Gerion or Stafford or Lancel or any of the other dozen or so uncles that keep popping up.

    Dolorous Edd is awesome, though.

    ReplyDelete
  25. The addition of this Alton Lannister character does not sit well with me...

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Dan
    thanks, Dan ;) I forgot who Tamblyn is, but her name was always familiar to me

    @MJ
    ah, I see you're happy about it as usually :)

    @Kelley
    ladies always like Firth :)

    @Allyson
    you don't want hot hunks in the show? :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love Colin Firth too, but I've never seen that film before. I'll have to check it out.

    Would you be interested in being interviewed at my blog? You could choose the interview format... traditional q&a or the format I used for Molly's interview. But I know you prefer straight q&a.

    The drawing is over at my blog. Maeve was the winner... chosen by random.org. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The film is out this September in USA :)
    I'll pop over to your place ASAP ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love Collin to death however the accent does not quite hit the mark- his voice is just not meant to be southern- especailly Texas- where I was born and I now live in North Carolina. But he does look really good!!!
    didn't catch enough of Orlando's to tell how close he was, however he looks good in a uniform. will definately be checking this one out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. hey, Jo!
    yep, Colin's accent is rather strange in the film, guess most of us are used to his posh British one :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.