Tuesday, May 4, 2010

NEW ADVENTURES COMING OUR WAY: "CHINESE ODYSSEY", "POWER OF THE DARK CRYSTAL 2", "UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE"

Now if you like action-adventures and fantasy you will enjoy a whole slate of new projects from the respective genre.
"The Jim Henson Company" is planning to shoot the fantasy sequel, "Power of the Dark Crystal" in 3D. This highly anticipated film will be one of the most ambitious Australian projects ever. Peter and Michael Spierig ("Daybreakers") will direct this mix of live action and traditional puppetry combined with visual and special effects. Set hundreds of years after the events of the first movie when the world has once again fallen into darkness, "Power of the Dark Crystal" will follow the adventures of a mysterious girl made of fire who steals a shard of the legendary Crystal in an attempt to reignite the dying sun that exists at the center of the planet.

Rob Minkoff, who directed "Forbidden Kingdom" will helm the 3D English-language action-adventure fantasy "Chinese Odyssey", according to "MovieWeb". It will be a supernatural high-seas adventure that pits the hero against an onslaught of deadly foes on the path to fulfilling his destiny. It's a story involving ancient mysteries, deadly sea monsters, great characters and larger-than-life adventures.

Meanwhile, the adaptation of the video game "Uncharted: Drake's Fortune" has a possible new director in David O. Russell. The studio is apparently happy with the script, and is ready to move ahead with the production. The film will follow a descendant of explorer Sir Francis Drake, a treasure hunter named Nate Drake who believes he has learned the whereabouts of El Dorado, the fabled South American golden city, from a cursed golden statue. The search becomes competitive when a rival hunter joins the fray, then mutated descendants of Spaniards and Nazis begin attacking those hoping to learn the treasure's true secrets.

10 comments:

  1. The Dark Crystal never earned Jim Henson the credit he deserved for such an amazing piece. Good to hear they are finally doing another one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen (nor heard of) the original movie, but it does sound like my kind of adventure :) And we could use some good old puppets in this world of CGI and special effects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squeeee! The Dark Crystal was the very first movie I saw in the theaters! My dad took me to see it the day my baby sister was born.

    Is that telling off on how old I am? o.0 It's a wonderful movie! I can't wait....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rob Minkoff isn't a favorite director of mine, but I thought he did a good job with "The Forbidden Kingdom" - it was visually beautiful and pretty funny. He has to be careful with "Chinese Odyssey", because it is a classic chinese tale and if he fails to recreate it well, he'll ruin the whole Chinese Odyssey magic!

    As for "Dark Crystal" - I loved the original, so 3D sequel sounds like a pretty good idea, if you ask me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dawn, I believe I'm older than you, so don't talk about age :))

    I know you do, Avalon :)

    Neb, we know that most 3D movies can get you excited :PPP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I'm not a 3D junkie, Dez!:P I've seen only four movies in 3D so far, and I was pleased with the 3D effects in only half of them. I still need to see a good horror movie in 3D, but I guess it's not going to happen in the near feature [due to lack of good horror flicks], if I don't count Alexandre Aja's "Piranha" 3D, which might be a great silly fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a week for blasts form the 80s! I remember The Dark Crystal fromy my childhood...Woohoo! I'll see that one. Not so into 3D, though.

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just posted about Dark Crystal! I'm so excited for the sequel!!

    All the other movies look awesome as well!! I'm so glad I found your website, I'm addicted to movies so it's fitting for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanx, Palindrome, we are glad to have you here commenting and reading :))

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.