Monday, May 17, 2010

"300" PRODUCERS MAKING EPIC TRILOGY "JULIUS CAESAR"

Cool news, people, cool news. According to "Deadline New York" the producers of "300", Gianni Nunnari and Mark Canton, will go epic again, this time with a new Roman trilogy. The first film will follow the early life of Julius Caesar, and could later on turn into a trilogy, since the whole project will actually be a movie adaptation of the bestselling historical novel series "Emperor" by one of the most famous historical writers Conn Iggulden. The script is being prepared by William Broyles Jr. ("Flags of Our Fathers") and the producers are currently searching for the cast and the director with the plan to start filming this year.

13 comments:

  1. Loving this sudden flow of history...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying for some Edward Norton news. Do you have any Edward Norton news?

    Michele
    SouthernCityMysteries

    ReplyDelete
  3. William Broyles is very talented, so it'll be good. Loved Flags of our Fathers (and the companion piece even more). Thanks for this update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds promising so far, but I'm far more excited for "300" prequel, which is [you know] officially confirmed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Avalon
    yep, our time has finally come :)

    @Michele
    Well, nothing on the top of my mind, but I shall check it out.

    @Sammy
    Never seen any of his movies, but I love the producers :)

    @Neb
    Well, the problem with the 300 prequel is that only the graphic novel was confirmed, not the movie. They first have to create the novel, and then after that, the movie comes (maybe). But since I adore Zack Snyder I'm very anxious to see GUARDIANS OF GA GHOOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! I really had no idea that only the novel was confirmed, but not the movie. I should delete my previous post, because I'm totally ashamed of myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent...would love to see a good 'Julius Caesar' trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not read the books. But they do seem interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Christopher
    Hey, Chris, welcome to HOLLYWOOD SPY, hope we'll be seeing you here often :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. sure to be bloody... not that there's anything wrong with bloody...

    ReplyDelete
  11. well, I hope it won't turn into a gorefest, we don't like that :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.