Friday, April 10, 2015

NEILL MARSHALL TO PRODUCE 'BRITANNIA' EPIC TV SERIES ON BOUDICCA! POSTERS AND TRAILER FOR JANE FONDA AND LILY TOMLIN SITCOM 'GRACE AND FRANKIE'! DIEGO LUNA, MIRANDA RICHARDSON, BOJANA NOVAKOVIC TO LEAD AMAZON'S 'CASANOVA' EPIC SERIES

NEW 'BRITANNIA' EPIC TV SERIES
ON BOUDICCA AND ROMAN CONSUL CASSIUS
Here's something wonderfully epic: 'Deadline' reports that Paris based Backup Films and GOT director Neill Marshall will produce eight episode historical TV series BRITANNIA which doesn't have a broadcaster yet but will chart the Roman invasion of what would become Great Britain in 43 A.D. and the rise of iconic female warrior Boudicca. The eight part series, which does not have a broadcaster attached yet, will follow the growing relationship between Boudicca and Roman Consul Cassius who ultimately unite to lead an insurgency against Roman Emperor Claudius.

DIEGO LUNA IS 'CASANOVA'
BOJANA NOVAKOVIC TO PLAY MADAME POMPADOUR
I've recently told you that Amazon is planning to produce their own historical TV series on CASANOVA and now they have revealed the cast! Diego Luna will play Giacomo Casanova who, after his wicked escapades run afoul with the inquisitors in his native Venice, is sent to prison. The drama focuses on what happens next - after escaping, the once materialistic and womanizing CASANOVA moves to Paris with nothing, determined to start his life over. There he met with royalties and luminaries, introduced the state lottery, which made him rich, and travelled. Miranda Richardson, Ben Daniels, Amelia Clarkson and Serbian star Bojana Novakovic (as Madame de Pompadour) will also star.

'GRACE AND FRANKIE' TRAILER
 JANE FONDA AND LILY TOMLIN
Last week I showed you the first images and now here's the first trailer for hilarious new TV comedy GRACE AND FRANKIE which will start airing at Netflix May 8th worldwide! Coming from FRIENDS creator Marta Kauffman, the new sitcom stars good friends Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin as long-time nemeses Grace (Fonda) and Frankie (Tomlin) who are facing the last chapter of their lives. When their husbands announce they are in love with each other and plan to get married, the women find their lives both turned upside down and to their dismay, permanently intertwined. Eventually, to their surprise, they find they have each other. The thirteen episode comedy series also stars Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston star as their husbands, along with Brooklyn Decker, Ethan Embry, Baron Vaughn and June Diane Raphael.

32 comments:

  1. Grace and Frankie is MUST see TV! What an awesome cast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be nice having a CASANOVA, but I'b like a dog chasing a car - what would I do if I actually caught one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Netflix sure makes more original shows than I could watch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey that's 2/3rds of 9 to 5... I love the image up top... very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Gracie and Frankie" looks like a hoot -- I love everyone in the cast! Now, as for Boudicca, I'm a big fan of the Iceni Warrior Queen. I hope they do the historical series much like "Vikings" was done, not as some ridiculous fantasy as that picture of Boudicca (?) would suggest. I hope that image is not from the series and is just something you found on the net.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course it ain't from the series, Debs :) It is just lil' something something to tickle the minds of my gentlemen readers :)

      Delete
  6. Britannia has me intrigued. Hope it's good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I like Diego Luna as Casanova. He just looks too boyish. I picture Casanova as more bulky and manly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he was slender and tall, not bulky, but I was also shocked with their choice since Diego is everything but handsome and pretty :)

      Delete
    2. Wasn't Diego in the remake of Dirty Dancing? I don't think he did a good job of filling in Patrick Swayze's shoes. Yes, I know it was a different storyline, but you gotta have a really strong male lead to follow in Patrick's footsteps in that movie, and he just didn't do it for me.

      Delete
    3. he does not have any star power in him... kinda like Joel Edgerton or Jack Huston whom they're trying to create into stars these days

      Delete
  8. Oooh, I want to see Grace and Frankie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so tired of warrior maidens with their vitals exposed. I know it's male fantasy, but any woman stupid enough to go into battle dressed like that won't last long.

    It'll be fun to see Fonda and Tomlin together again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do know that most warriors in ancient times went to battle full naked? :)

      Delete
    2. ah, to see such a Spartan battle :)

      Delete
  10. I see airbrushed people. And WAY too much plastic surgery. Tomlin and Fonda...yikes. Are they real or dolls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'd certainly photoshop myself if I was to grace a movie or TV poster :)

      Delete
  11. Oh, Dezzy. Have I taught you nothing about women warriors and their preferred wardrobes?! LOL. But yay for a story about Boudicca!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. read one of my comments above - ancient warriors often fought nude :) She might even be overdressed :)

      Delete
  12. Grace and Frankie looks like a great laugh and a fun watch!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.