Monday, April 20, 2015

GORGEOUS NEW POSTERS FOR PERIOD SET DRAMAS 'A LITTLE CHAOS' WITH KATE WINSLET, MATTHIAS SCHOENAERTS, ALAN RICKMAN, 'FAR FROM MADDING CROWD' WITH MATTHIAS SCHOENAERTS, MICHAEL SHEEN, TOM STURRIDGE

'A LITTLE CHAOS' NEW POSTERS
KATE WINSLET GROWING ROSES
Two sets of gorgeous new posters for two of highly anticipated 2015 period set dramas: starting with Kate Winslet's A LITTLE CHAOS which has hit UK cinemas this weekend and will hit USA in June. It is a directing debut of Alan Rickman who is also starring in the film as a part of the cast also including Stanley Tucci, Helen McCrory, Matthias Schoenaerts, Steven Waddington and Jennifer Ehle.
 
Romantic historical A LITTLE CHAOS drama has Kate Winslet playing Sabine, a talented landscape designer, who is building a garden at Versailles for King Louis XIV (Alan Rickman). Sabine struggles with class barriers as she becomes romantically entangled with the court's renowned landscape artist played by Matthias Schoenaerts.


FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD 
A CLASSIC LOVE STORY
Another period set romantic drama will arrive into European and US cinemas this May! It's the new big screen adaptation of FAR FROM THE MADDING CROWD classic novel from Thomas Hardy also starring Matthias Schoenaerts!  The story of independent, beautiful and headstrong Bathsheba Everdene (Carey Mulligan), who attracts three very different suitors: Gabriel Oak (Matthias Schoenaerts), a sheep farmer, captivated by her fetching willfulness; Frank Troy (Tom Sturridge), a handsome and reckless Sergeant; and William Boldwood (Michael Sheen), a prosperous and mature bachelor. This timeless story of Bathsheba's choices and passions explores the nature of relationships and love - as well as the human ability to overcome hardships through resilience and perseverance.

22 comments:

  1. I've always been a fan of Thomas Hardy's novels (depressing bastard though he is) so I'm really looking forward to "Far From the Madding Crowd." And my, my, that Matthias Schoenaerts is a handsome guy, isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote a 20 pages study on his TESS OF THE D'URBERVILLES at college :)

      Delete
  2. Kate Winslet is amazing isn't she.
    Have a good Sunday, Dez.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still really looking forward to A Little Chaos. Though, I'll have to wait until it comes to disc as it doesn't seem like one I could get my family or friends to go with me to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah. She's boring and likes boring things. She doesn't watch tv at all, and we usually force movie nights on her.

      Delete
    2. he he he ... that ain't bad at all not watching TV. My went dead last night... and I'm thinking what to do.... I don't really have money to waste on the new one.. so should I try to live without TV or should I eat less and spend money on a new TV? Such predicament.

      Delete
  4. Sounds good. Something to look forward to seeing as Poldark finishes next week :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Poldie downloaded, but still haven't started watching, saving it for the dry summer TV period :)

      Delete
  5. Kate Winslet just has the face and charm to really pull of these olden roles. Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The trailer looks very promising! Who doesn't love Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I do love the period movies. I'll watch both of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Winslet always does a nice job in whatever film she's in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love period dramas. Most of the time I prefer fact based stories. Of course, this is a new development in my life because when I was younger fantasy was my thing!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.