Thursday, April 23, 2015

YA FANTASY BESTSELLER 'THE SELECTION' MOVIE ADAPTATION! BBC 'JONATHAN STRANGE & MR. NORREL' PERIOD SET FANTASY SERIES CLIP! TAYLOR KINNEY JOINS NATALIE DORMER IN 'THE FOREST' THRILLER

TAYLOR KINNEY JOINS
NATALIE DORMER IN 'THE FOREST'
A hunk for my ladies, today! Lady Gaga's fiancée and CHICAGO FIRE star Taylor Kinney will star in THE FOREST thriller which will start shooting next month in Serbia based on an idea by David Goyer and the mythology of Japan’s Aokigahara Forest.. GAME OF THRONES and TUDORS star Natalie Dormer plays an American woman who ventures into the legendary forest in search of her missing twin sister. Despite being urged to stay on the path, she enters it and is tormented by the souls of the dead who prey on anyone who wanders the forest.

'THE SELECTION' BESTSELLER
TO GET A MOVIE ADAPTATION
Now, this one was supposed to be adapted twice into a TV series but it never got beyond the pilot stage: now, 'Deadline' reports that Kiera Cass' bestselling YA fantasy novel THE SELECTION (the first in the five book series) is going to be adapted into a movie after Warner Bros. has bought the rights.  It follows 35 underprivileged girls who are chosen to compete to live in a life of luxury if they marry the prince. The protagonist, America Singer, is sweet on a young man from her district, but when she’s exposed to the opulence of a royal life, she’s conflicted, even though a rebel uprising threatens the pampered.

'JONATHAN STRANGE & MR. NORREL' BBC ONE TV SERIES
1ST CLIP FROM THE PERIOD SET DRAMA
The only video I have for you today is the first short clip from the new period set BBC One seven episode fantasy series JONATHAN STRANGE & MR. NORREL based on the book by Susanna Clarke which is to air sometime later this year! Set in England  at the beginning of the 19th century, the new television series presents an alternate history where magic is widely acknowledged, but rarely practised. Living in the rural north, Mr Norrell (Eddie Marsan) of Hurtfew Abbey is able to make the statues of York Cathedral talk and move. His manservant John Childermass (Enzo Cilenti) persuades him to travel to London to help in the war against France. While there, Mr Norrell encounters a leading member of the government and makes magic respectable in the realm when he conjures a fairy to bring the minister's fiancée (Alice Englert) back to life. Meanwhile, also in London, Jonathan Strange (Bertie Carvel) meets Vinculus (Paul Kaye), a magician, while attempting to propose to his love Arabella (Charlotte Riley). Strange is told by Vinculus that he is destined to be a great magician and begins to study magic.

24 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to JS & Mr N, despite its strange plot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will give it a chance too, although I generally don't like Marsan... there's something creepy about him :)

      Delete
  2. I'm curious about Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrel. I found the book interesting, but far too long and far too slowly paced. This is one instance where cutting the material down to fit TV might work in a book's favor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eww, we hate slowly paced ones.... Given how most of recent BBC's series have been poorly done, hope this one will be better

      Delete
  3. Who is that creep in the last picture wearing knickers? I'm going to have nightmares!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that would be mister Marsan Eddie :) Never liked him much.....

      Delete
  4. Okay, I'm counting you to get a photo with Taylor Kinney!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie Dormer is so damn hot

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thank goodness. When I first read that first story up there, I thought you were saying Lady Gaga was starring with her fiance in it. I was thinking, "Did we learn nothing from Sting's and David Bowie's attempts to act? Never mind Madonna!" (Although Madonna has redeemed herself with her acting skills over the years...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gaga did act on film, I think it was a Robert Rodriguez film, not sure it is out yet.
      Madonna will stay horrid in everything she does.... she has no talent whatsoever.... what a disgusting old tart she is.....

      Delete
  7. I saw The Selection books at the library a few weeks back, but after reading a snippet on the books, I wasn't impressed. However, I am kind of intrigued now after reading the movie synopsis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit horrified when I saw the trailer for the book.... too kitschy... but the premise could work on a film .... I just wonder why it didn't work two times for a series even though they even had actors and pilots

      Delete
    2. Maybe lack of advertising? I think that's what went wrong with Mortal Instruments movie. Nobody even knew it was out.

      Delete
    3. the studio does play a huge part in the success or failure. I'm sad for it because Lilly Collins deserves stardom much more than Shaylene Woodley and Jennifer Lawrence

      Delete
  8. I do adore Jennifer Lawrence, so I'm ok with her. Shaylene Woodley gets on my last nerve though! I haven't watched the Insurgent movies yet because I just don't think I could sit though all the irritation I get from her.

    I agree. Lilly Collins does deserve more recognition, but in due time, I'm sure she will become bigger than the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully, maybe this new fling with Chris Evans will put her in bigger spotlight :)

      Delete
  9. Men in tights and long coats that don't stop your nuts from freezing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. twas a strange fashion I always wondered where would they hide their willies?

      Delete
    2. but that would mean they had to be very...... oh. I see......

      Delete
    3. I wish I could for realz :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.