Friday, April 3, 2015

RACHEL WEISZ TO JOIN COLIN FIRTH IN A WORLD YACHT RACE MOVIE! DWAYNE JOHNSON TO STAR AND SING IN DISNEY'S NEW 'MOANA' ANIMATED ADVENTURE

RACHEL WEISZ TO JOIN
COLIN FIRTH IN YACHTING FILM
Deadline reports that gorgeous Oscar winner Rachel Weisz might join Colin Firth in director James Marsh’s untitled biopic based on the true story of amateur sailor Donald Crowhurst and his attempt to win the first round of the World Yacht Race in 1968. Before that, after a two year break from acting, Rachel will join Michael Fassbender in THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS which follows a lighthouse keeper and his wife living off the coast of Western Australia who raise a baby they rescue from an adrift rowboat. She will also join Michael Caine, Jane Fonda and Harvey Keitel in THE EARLY YEARS about two old friends, a composer and a director, who spend their vacation in an elegant hotel at the foot of the Alps. She will also join Ben Whishaw, Lea Seydoux, Colin Farrell in interesting sf film THE LOBSTER set in a dystopian near future where single people are obliged to find a matching mate in 45 days or are transformed into animals and released into the woods.


DWAYNE JOHNSON TO SING AND
 LEND VOICE IN DISNEY'S 'MOANA'
In other movie news, Dwayne Johnson has confirmed that he will lend his voice to a demigod Maui in Disney's new animated movie MOANA. The film, which arrives into theatres in November 2016 will also have him sing! MOANA follows a young girl who sets sail on a nautical quest in the South Pacific world of Oceania, to find a lost and fabled island. She eventually teams up with the demigod Maui on an action packed voyage where they must fend off enormous sea creatures, explore underwater worlds and immerse themselves in Polynesian culture. Disney has also announced work on a live action version of Winnie The Pooh today!

38 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. What's wrong with man-tits, Blue? We do so like them on The Rock!

      Delete
    2. Well, how come I never get to see girl-tits, Theresa? It just feels wrong.

      Delete
    3. Just take a peak while Angelina is taking a shower....

      Delete
    4. Darling, tell your Bollywood Princess to be a little more generous in the girl-tit peeking department so you aren't feeling so robbed ;)

      Delete
  2. No Blue, abs!!!
    ... this article had me at "hello."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think his abs might be hard as a rock..

      Delete
    2. I once had rock hard abs. 1996... yep, I remember it very well.

      Delete
    3. give us a photo! We really must see that miracle!

      Delete
  3. The new Disney movie sounds really good! It sounds like they don't have the female lead chasing after a prince, which I like.

    A live action Winnie the Pooh? Will it be like how they made Paddington?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope it won't be too much like LILO AND STITCH. I sometimes wish they would be more diverse in choosing the cultures for their animated movies. Did they have something set in India, Russia? I don't think so....

      Delete
    2. Sadly, I think they go with what they think is going to draw in the most money. They did Princess and the Frog with the first African American princess and the movie was a flop. I recall hearing that they weren't going to do anymore princess films after that because they thought little girls just weren't into princesses anymore. But then Tangled proved to be a smashing success, and of course look where Frozen went. Sadly, we still live in a very race driven world, and Disney is always going to go with the race they think will bring in the most $. Walt Disney's family members even admitted that the man himself was a racist.

      Delete
    3. same with a not so pretty princess in BRAVE... such a stunning movie, but not one of their biggest hits :( even though it is ten times better than FROZEN. TANGLED wouldn't be a hit if she had that ugly short hair in the whole movie and not just in the end :)

      Delete
    4. So true. Though I would have watched Tangled with the ugly short hair, only because I love the voice over work Mandy Moore does.

      Delete
    5. yep, and her prince and his horse were a delight to watch too :) Was it Krasinski or Zachary Levi lending him the voice?

      Delete
    6. And the iguana was a hoot! I think it was Levi who did the prince.

      Delete
    7. yes, the brave iguana, although I didn't understand where did they find it in the middle of the European forest :)

      Delete
  4. Anything Disney gets my vote, minus the moobs of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm..Disney's movie reminds me of a certain duo who are always searching for a certain island...lets say Bora..haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they are always defeating creatures from the deep..just sayin'...have a great weekend Dezzie..

      Delete
  6. Great to see all these actors I thought had retired from acting (Rachel Weisz, Jane Fonda, Michael Caine) are still going strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of them are coming back.. even Michael Keaton LOL And Sigourney Weaver and Melanie Griffith is also having a sitcom coming up

      Delete
  7. Love Rachel. I swear she doesn't age. And what's not to love about Duane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing getting married to James Blond keeps her young looking....

      Delete
  8. I still can't get over Colin Firth's character in Before I Go To Sleep. I think that role will be hard to erase from my memory and it shattered my Mr.Darcy-like image of him in Bridget Jones. I think I need to see him in a goody goody role again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I still haven't seen BEFORE I GO TO SLEEP, although I should since I translated the book years ago for the readers in my country.

      Delete
  9. Nice pic of The Rock.

    The Lobster sound strange, but intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it :) Lobster should be a real good one!

      Delete
  10. I was going to share my love for Dwayne Johnson, but then you mentioned Winnie the Pooh!!! I loooovvvveeeee Winnie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know about Donald Crowhurst and his Yacht Race attempt. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either :) It was apparently followed by the press and media and was quite exciting

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.