Thursday, February 9, 2012

KIT HARINGTON IN "THE SEVENTH SON" WITH JENNIFER LAWRENCE & JULIANNE MOORE! PICS FROM "ABRAHAM LINCOLN VAMPIRE HUNTER"! ANNE RICE'S "THE TALE OF THE BODY THIEF" FILM ADAPTATION!

According to "Variety" one of the most popular members of GAME OF THRONES cast, young Kit Harrington has replaced Sam Claflin in the lead role in THE SEVENTH SON, a movie adaptation of Joseph
Delaney's fantasy novels which follow Thomas, seventh son of a seventh son, who is apprenticed to the local Spook, whose job is to fight evil spirits and witches, so he expects a life of danger. However, the boy doesn't realize just how soon he'll face a powerful enemy alone, as an evil witch escapes her confinement while the Spook is away. Thomas is forced to use his wits, and the help of his enigmatic new friend, Alice, to fight the evil witch. As you know Jeff Bridges will play the old Spook, and Julianne Moore will be the evil witch, while Jennifer Lawrence is supposed to play Alice. Ben Barnes also appears in the cast of the film which will be directed by famous Russian director Sergey Bodrov.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Those damn vampires just won't let go, yet another among million upcoming vampire projects has been announced today: with big producing names such
as Ron Howard, Brian Grazer, Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, another of Anne Rice's novels THE TALE OF THE BODY THIEF will be brought to the big screens. As "MovieWeb" reports the story again follows famous vampire Lestat who has grown depressed after centuries as a vampire, so he decides to transfer souls with a psychic for one day. The psychic, though, is invigorated by the switch and will not give Lestat his body back. Lestat must round up some friends with his new human form in order to get his vampire body back. As you know Tom Cruise played Lestat in INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE and Stuart Townsend played him in QUEEN OF THE DAMNED.

And since we are apparently having a vampire and spooks day at HOLLYWOOD SPY, we should also announce THE KITCHEN SINK
film, which has a crazy title, but wait till you hear the plot: this Sony Pictures project will follow three teenagers, a vampire, a zombie, and a human, who team up to save their small town from invading aliens. I'm surprised they didn't throw in cowboys in the battle too. Or was that done already? And to finish in the same horror tone, check out some new pictures from ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER which will see young Benjamin Walker playing the infamous American president who has a naughty secret: when he finishes his presidential duties in the evening, he goes on exterminating bloodthirsty vampires lead by
the prince of the undead played by Rufus Sewell. Hitting cinemas this June, the film also stars Dominic Cooper and Anthony Mackie.

52 comments:

  1. Wow! I never realised how attractive Julianne Moore was till I saw that picture!

    Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter? Weird! I don't know what to make of that film?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, you haven't seen anything, Berserc, I've been posting only her hot pics in last three years :))

      Delete
  2. wow the seventh son of the seventh son could confuse a ton. Might be interesting though. I hope Lincoln with that will make the vampires go. Too many of those damn things around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know that the seventh son of the seventh son always has magical powers, right? Never heard of anyone being anyone's seventh son, though :)

      Delete
    2. so does the seventh son of the seventh son of the seventh son have better powers?

      Delete
    3. no, with third generation you need the eight son of the seventh son of the seventh son... don't ask...

      Delete
  3. Benjamin Walker looks like he is on stilts in those photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he is generally super tall :) that is why that make him wear tight leather pants when he performs in his musicals in theatre :)

      Delete
  4. The Kitchen Sink sounds like it could be fun. And i am still waiting for any progress on the vampire Academy movie. Its like the movie gods want to punish me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if werewolves will get offended for not being included in the cast :)

      Delete
  5. The Seventh Son project sounds interesting to me. I've got a similar story simmering on the back-burner in my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, lord, they've stole your story again ;PPPP

      Delete
  6. I know!!! Either that or I'm just really unoriginal. :- /

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or you're just ahead of your time and visionary ;)

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed all of Anne Rice's vampire books but Tom Cruise as Lestat? Sorry. No. Let's hope they get someone who can actually pull of playing the character this time. But if they can...I am definitely interested :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, we have Cruise here, he is actually banned at HOLLYWOOD SPY and we shall no longer write about his films because in his latest MISSION IMPOSSIBLE his character says "I've killed Serbs like flies". What kind of idiotic moron would do such a thing on film?

      Delete
  8. I will see the Abraham Lincoln film because the story sounds intriguing. I tried to read the Rice book, but by then she'd lost the knack for writing and I couldn't finish it. When Hollywood gets on a trend, they sure know how to overdo it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pray for the day when angels will finally get their spot in Hollywood... although I'm not optimistic. People hate good things and love bad ones :(

      Delete
  9. Ugh, more vampires? I think I'll stay home and bake bread ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, yes, bake bread and send us a tone or two :)

      Delete
  10. Ahah yeah, seems like the world's gone vampire crazy! Hollywood is hell-bent on milking the Twilight craze until its last bloody drop apparently. But then again Anne Rice made vampire cool in Interview with the Vampire when there were hardly any of such movies around, unlike today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think an angel loses its wings whenever someone mentions TWILIGHT :)

      Delete
  11. I'm all for watching a new version of Lestat in Body Thief; but seriously, Abe Lincoln vimpire hunter. This craze is just going too far.

    .......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's an awfully good looking Abe Lincoln -- TOO good looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is? He is Meryl Streep's future son in law :)

      Delete
  13. Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter? WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well you know me dear, give me werewolves. Where are all my werewolves? LOL Of course you know I must see these projects as I am at heart a monster/horror girl. :)

    I know, what is wrong with me? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no idea, darling, you might need an exorcist or something :PPP
      Hope you are feeling better?

      Delete
    2. I am feeling better, sweetie. Thanks. And I'm watching myself, too, because I know you and the penguins will yell at me if I don't. :)

      An exorcist? LMAO You're probably right. ;)

      Delete
  15. Oh good lord. Honestly of Anne Rice's books, the Interview needs a reboot. They reboot everything else, right? Interview needs a reboot followed by Lestat, and then Queen of the Damned. And for Christ's sake, they need to hire people that can act and a Lestat that looks like Lestat and not that Tom Cruise!

    Tale of the Body Thief was a horrible book. It took me forever to read. It's boring boring boring. How awful. Anne Rice must have pushed that pile of garbage through to get it greenlit. She's probably jealous of Stephanie Meyer who outsold and outdid her writing YA sparkling mormonesque vamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, I seriously thought Anne Rice was some old dead lady. She is still alive? She should do some jail if you ask me for making vampires into romantic interest to so many crazy girls...

      Delete
  16. A vampire movie where vampires die? I am ok with this I guess.

    Also, no, Dezmond to me is a copper blue with hints of bone white. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, blue is the only colour I never wear :) I'm all green and occasionally deep violet. But my office is in petroleum blue shades mixed with sand colour.

      Delete
  17. I just do not get that vampire film... I like the sound of it though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. which one, Scottie, I think I mentioned a few in the post :)

      Delete
  18. A.L. a vampire hunter? WTF is that all about, Hollywood? What's next? 'W... bite me!' I've never seen a sexier picture of Ms Moore. Don't tell me it's a special effect! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used and abused that pic of Moore quite a lot at HOLLYWOOD SPY, this is probably the last time, I must give some chance to other of her pics, and I have a stash :) Gotta keep my boys warm this winter

      Delete
  19. Abraham Lincoln wants to be good with a title and story like that but we can hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon it will flop big time at the box office

      Delete
  20. the seventh son could be interesting!
    blech vampires yawn! amiright?

    LOVE LOVE LOVE your roses dezzy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I hear vampires can be repelled with fragrant roses so I'm trying out that trick :)

      Delete
  21. Wow, they are making a movie out of this, cool!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't care how good Abraham Lincoln is, nothing beats Jesus Christ, Vampire Hunter. The most finely crafted terrible movie I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Abe Lincoln: vampire hunter looks like a hell of a lot of fun! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.