Thursday, February 23, 2012

JOHNNY DEPP IS "THE NIGHT STALKER"! NEW POSTERS FOR "BRAVE", "MIRROR MIRROR", "BATTLESHIP"! JAI COURTNEY IS BRUCE WILLIS' SON IN "A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD"! NEW TRAILER FOR "THE COLD LIGHT OF DAY"

You know, my little freaks, it's a very slow week in movie news department, so I will have to regale you with some brand new posters for the films we've
already written about. On the right you can check out a magnificent new poster for Pixar's upcoming animated flick BRAVE which premiers this June following a Scottish princess Merida who decides to defy her royal parents and gets into all sorts of trouble. As you can see the animation and the colours in this one are truly stunning. Second poster is for another of this summer's blockbusters BATTLESHIP in which Taylor Kitsch and Alexander Skarsgard alongside Josh Pence and Liam Neeson play the crew of an American ship which has to save the Earth from an Alien attack both from the sea and the sky. That one hits
cinemas this May. The third poster is a colourful one for MIRROR MIRROR which hits cinemas this March and has Julia Roberts as the evil queen and Lily Collins as the Snow White princess trying to get her kingdom back from her stepmother.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
According to "Deadline" Disney is planning to do a movie adaptation of THE NIGHT STALKER TV show with Johnny Depp in the lead role. The story of the horror show followed a man who covered crime for a tabloid and his cases always led to supernatural perpetrators that
included zombies, vampires, werewolves and aliens. Of course, neither his editor nor anyone else would believe him or allow him to run what seemed like outrageous stories. They apparently want to make a family franchise out of this one. How very strange. As you remember, HOLLYWOOD SPY has exclusively informed you last winter that Bruce Willis has secretly visited a jail in Serbian capitol Belgrade where he wants to shoot the fifth part of his famous franchise A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD. The film will be set in Russia but his character John McClane will now have a son working next to him. According to "Deadline" SPARTACUS star Jai Courtney has just got the son role in a battle with Liam Hemsworth, Aaron Paul and Ben Foster.

The only video I have for you today is the second trailer for this April's action thriller THE COLD LIGHT OF DAY which was shot
in Spain and stars the irresistible Henry Cavill, Bruce Willis and Sigourney Weaver. The story follows a young Wall Street trader (Henry Cavill) whose family is kidnapped on a vacation to Spain. He's left with only hours to find them, uncover a government conspiracy and the connection between their disappearance and his father's secrets. After last year epic blockbuster IMMORTALS this is Henry Cavill's second big leading role before he appears as Superman in MAN OF STEEL next year.You can also check out the new poster for the film on the right!

DON'T FORGET
 to be here this Sunday, when you will read HOLLYWOOD SPY's exclusive mega spotlight on
EPICS THAT WERE NEVER MEANT TO BE. From Cleopatra and Hannibal, to dragon and Viking epics, we shall cover a number of huge projects that were announced in the past but never got into production. Don't miss it, I really enjoyed writing that story! This Sunday, to regale you before the Oscars :)

56 comments:

  1. I like the new post for Brave. So do you want to take bets on whether John Carter will go down as the biggest flop in history? Early sources point to yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know where you get your sources, but I don't count evil Rotten Tomatoes as any kind of source :) If the film flops it will flop only because of evil fanboys who might create evil buzz around it.

      Delete
  2. BRAVE and THE COLD LIGHT OF DAY, two of my most anticipated films, thanks Dezzy! I can't wait to see Henry on the big screen again after Immortals. I'm just thrilled he's getting more roles, as are you right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me is super thrilled, especially since we get to see his bulky pecs in this one ;)))) BRAVE is my most anticipated film too, next to JOHN CARTER, MIRROR MIRROR and THE HOBBIT ;)

      Delete
  3. Loved the Night Stalker series and can't wait to see what kind of quirky flair Depp brings to the franchise.

    As for Mr. Cavill...yes, please! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad I've thrilled you today with some Cavill, Raquel ;)

      Delete
  4. LOVE that poster for BRAVE. I haven't watched an animated movie in years, but I really wanna see this one. And I LOVE the poster you've created for your Sunday spotlight. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the two of us will deeply enjoy BRAVE :)
      And thanks for loving the little banner for Sunday's post, I think you will deeply love that spotlight since it will feature lots of historical films, epics, fantasy ones that were announced at some point but never got into production. It's an extensive one, and I really enjoyed making it, hope people will love it :) I will have some great pics too, and dragons ;)

      Delete
    2. PS you haven't watched HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON??? You absolutely MUST, dahling! MUST!

      Delete
  5. I'd swoon at Johnny in the Night Stalker.

    And I LOVE that Brave poster!!! Gorgeous artwork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BRAVE is going to be visually most beautiful animated flick ever :) Her hair seems totally alive :) Deeply mesmerizing!

      Delete
    2. Yes! Her hair is so well done! It almost makes me want to get back into animation!!

      Delete
  6. I think I pick up a few bars of chocolate each week at the market. My youngest gave up sweets for Lent...so he's asked me not to make anything he likes...LOL...so I may have to make more with white chocolate and coconut :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmm coconut! Mixed with white chocolate...mmm :) I made white chocolate and peanut cups this weekend, will share it at Face soon ;)

      Delete
  7. Pffft I'm not a freak, you're just too freaky to know what normal is...lol

    Not sure I buy him as McClane's son, he doesn't really look much like McClane or Holly but I'm sure he'll do a good job anyway. Even if it will prob be junk like the fourth one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, although I love Jai Courtney (since me adores everything from New Zealand :) ), Aaron Paul or Ben Foster would have been much better choices, since JAi is too big and is not a funny guy.

      Delete
    2. Yeah he is waaaaay to big. McClane must have really pumped him full of steriods as a kid..hahaha at least it isn't Paul Walker though.

      Delete
    3. or maybe McClane's wife was fooling around with Dolph Lundgren :)

      Delete
  8. The movie Brave looks pretty cool! Pixar always makes good movies so I hope I wont be disapointed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we won't be disappointed, it will be animated film of the year

      Delete
  9. Ah disney movies always turn out well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love action movies Dezzy. Cold Light of Day, Battleship, Die Hard; awesome movies I'm looking forward to. And not just for viewing some of my favorite stars :)

    I remember watching Night Stalker. One of the coolest shows when I was a kid.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope brave will be good. Pixar have made a few stumbles in recent years

    ReplyDelete
  12. ow wow...Liam Neeson is everywhere nowadays. He becomes more active as he grows older. Good for him!

    Not interested in seein Die Hard 5 despite the fact that I love the 1st till 3rd series of Die Hard. The fourth was too over the top and I bet this 5th will be no different to the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, for some reason, lots of B category forgotten actors are coming back and getting lead roles. I personally don't like it.

      Delete
  13. I can't wait for Brave to come out. Craigy Ferg (he stills owes me fiver) and Billy Connolly are great. Onto the most important thing you said up there-Bruce Willis is going to be in Serbia!! You'll have to stalk him for me and if you can, steal a t-shirt that he's sweated in from the set and mail it to me please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll need some thongs to pick up his sweaty shirt :) Are you sure you don't want his boxers? :) Order now while we offer discounts :)

      Delete
    2. I'll have the boxers if you please dahlink. Then I can say "I've gotten into Bruce Willis' shorts" and I won't be lying. I'll send you a pair of gloves so you can pick up that t-shirt, because I need that to sleep in. Oooh the dreams I'll have!!

      Delete
    3. oh, the fun, that Cat the Pat would have rhyming the story of that :)

      Delete
  14. Can't wait to see Brave. That's going to be great as is Cold Light of Day. Henry is awesome! I'm excited, yet leery of NightStalker. Johnny would be perfect as Kovacs, the reporter. But, it was not a family friendly show and I hope The Mouse doesn't eff it all up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling STALKER will be a flop, since Depp has proven recently that he can't attract audience himself, unless the project is huge by itself.

      Delete
  15. What a line-up! I'm not sure where to start...but anything with Depp gets a nod. Brave is a must-see-with-daughter (she is a character designer in Animation) so that's on the list; and a personal favourite, for me, is MIRROR, MIRROR.

    Truth be told, I love it when you do a recap...I don't feel like I've totally missed all the goodies this way! So thanks Dezzie - big squishy hugs coming your way!

    I've been knee deep in this co-hosting gig and while I'm loving it...I'm falling behind on my afternoon teas with my favourite blogs! (for yours I drink Lady Grey - a favourite of mine).

    Jenny @ Pearson Report
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll join you with a cup of Lipton Yellow Label with three teaspoons of honey and half squeezed lemon :)

      Delete
    2. Sounds yummy...is there enough for two? I can bring my own lemon! I don't need honey, if there's not enough to share. (I'm sweet enough!!) ;) *grin*

      Delete
  16. BRAVE needs to hurry up, I am so excited for that film

    ReplyDelete
  17. A Pixar movie not about cars? I'm interested. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no cars, but there are horses and one angry bear :)

      Delete
  18. Johnny Depp is awesome! And he keeps getting awesome roles.

    ReplyDelete
  19. looking forward to the epic post!
    that brave poster!!! love it!
    and ben foster would have been a better choice- he's always the better choice. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and adorable Aaron Paul too, I love him a lot :) Even Justin Timberlake who was the first candidate last year. Jai is amazing, but not sure he has the humour factor.

      Delete
  20. I've never seen anything past the first DIE HARD movie, so...meh.

    Still can't wait to take The Girl to see BRAVE. Should be really good.

    I heard someone complain about BATTLESHIP, and all I could say was, "It has nothing to do with the game except name recognition. But I'll be pissed if no one screams, 'You sunk my battleship!' in some form or other."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen only the first two :)
      BRAVE should be a treat for families! Battleship is actually an official movie adaptation of the game :) It's true.

      Delete
    2. Dezzy - BRAVE is going to be fantastic.

      Jai is yummy. Going to have to check that movie out because of him. =D

      Delete
    3. BRAVE will be super trooper :)

      Delete
  21. A lot of people I know aren't looking forward to Brave, but I think it looks awesome!
    Night Stalker looks to be a strange one, but Depp is the right man for the job.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.