Thursday, February 2, 2012

TEASER FOR BBC "BEING HUMAN" SEASON 4! STEPHEN AMELL IS CW'S "GREEN ARROW"! NEW ABC PILOTS FOR FANTASY SHOWS "BEAST", "GOTHAM" & DRAMA "DEVIOUS MAIDS" FROM MARK CHERRY

OK, my little freaks, so we are having a TV day today at HOLLYWOOD SPY, starting with a spicy piece of news which will thrill both my boys who love comics and my girls who like hunky boys ;) CW's new show
based on GREEN ARROW comic book, which I've recently announced, has got itself its lead man and a new title - it is now titled just simple ARROW. According to "Deadline" young Stephen Amell will take the lead role of the DC Comics superhero Green Arrow or Oliver McQueen, a billionaire playboy who wears a mask and fights crime at night with his bow and arrow, along with an assortment of other super modern devices. Amell has appeared before in THE VAMPIRE DIARIES and 90210 and was also one of the main contenders to take the lead in SPARTACUS before Liam McIntyre got the gig.

HOLLYWOOD SPY TV NEWS
HOLLYWOOD SPY's fave network ABC is preparing yet another new show. After huge success with ONCE UPON A TIME with 10 million
viewers every week,  the new fantasy show will be BEAST  a fantastical reimagining of the classic fairytale BEAUTY AND THE BEAST set in a mythical, dangerous world wherein a beautiful and tough Princess discovers an unlikely connection with a mysterious beast. Don't confuse this one with CW's upcoming remake of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST which will be a remake of the 80's TV show and will have law and courts as the main topic. ABC has also ordered another two pilots: GOTHAM, from the writer of HEROES, following a female cop who discovers a magical world that exists within New York
City that is unseen by normal humans and reinvents popular landmarks in a magical otherworldly manner, and DEVIOUS MAIDS, from DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES creator Mark Cherry, following four maids with ambition and dreams of their own working for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills.

Good news for all of you who love popular BBC show BEING HUMAN(which follows three room-mates - a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost): the fourth season is ready to air this Sunday, February 5th. As you know, I've loved the show from its beginning, and I don't mean the US version, but the British original which had amazing atmosphere right
from the start and interesting plots combined with charming humour. According to "Digital Spy" the premiere episode 'Eve of the War' will follow the ghostly Annie (Lenora Crichlow) and werewolves George (Russell Tovey) and Tom (Michael Socha) as they fight to protect a baby from the attentions of vampire overlords, the Old Ones. The fourth run of the show will also present a new vampire played by Damien Molony since Aidan Turner has left the show and is now one of THE HOBBIT stars. It is interesting that Russell Tovey has also announced that he will leave the show, so this will be his last year in it. Check out the trailer for the new season!

57 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, Stephen Amell could be the lead male character in my novels! That's just how I picture him. :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he's a pretty one, isn't he? If you Google his pics you'll find lots of his nude photos, since he likes to show off what he's got :)

      Delete
    2. Ha! Good to know. All in the name of research...

      Delete
    3. Nope, it's just that particular photo. He looks different in the others. :/

      Delete
    4. he looks stunning on this one too:
      http://garygoddardagency.com/pictures/clients/large/stephen-amell.XyH.jpg

      Delete
  2. I love Being Human too. And its too early to tell whether any of the beauty & the beast will interest me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beauty and the Beast doesn't sound very appealing, but then it is a remake so that's nothing new. Not sure if the Green Arrow will be good or not, we shall see, still rather have Batman, hmph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH, Pat, you naughty cat, the post says that it's not a remake, the remake is the one on CW, not this new one on ABC :)

      Delete
  4. the beauty and the beast pictures are very interesting looking, i wonder how this movie will turn out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found them at Google but I think they are from Deviantart, probably from some very nice artists!

      Delete
  5. I love watching TV series'. Gives me a reason to pay for cable :) I watch the American Being Human (did't know there was a different BBC version) but I think I like the actors in the BBC one better.

    Love the new eye candy in your side bar Dezzy.

    ......dhole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BBC version is the original series, after it scored success in UK (quite unexpectedly since it was aired on BBC3 not on BBC ONE) it was sold for US adaptation. I've never seen the US version, but I reckon it has nothing to do with the brilliant UK version which has a very unique atmosphere and it is not a comedy but a dramedy.

      Delete
  6. The beat is actually handsome. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. So the Green Arrow is like medieval Batman?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know what to make of the new Being Human, now that 2 of the leads are gone. It'll be like a new show entirely. We'll just have to wait and see :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's true, I'm not sure I will watch it, maybe just for Russell if he is really leaving, but Annie was the weakest link and I don't think she can carry the show herself.

      Delete
  9. I have never really watched BEING HUMAN... do i need to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you do, Scottie, especially the first two seasons, you would actually love it, because it really has a special atmosphere and humour which you would appreciate.

      Delete
  10. Well Dezz...I'm reporting in to say I noticed you've put your Christmas decorations away and changed outfits...getting in the mood for Spring, are we? The green roses are beautiful and your new outfit is charming!

    As to the post...well, let's see - I've had my Beast quota filled with my recent outing with Miss CP (the offspring) and as for Being Human...hmm, if it's a BBC production it must be good, right? But I haven't seen it...should I be keeping my one good eye peeled for it?

    Cheers, Jenny @ Pearson Report
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, the I'm preparing for February, the month of love, this with the green roses is our Valentines layout :) Green roses for my beloved readers :)

      BBC's BEING HUMAN indeed is a great show, especially first two seasons.

      Delete
  11. Good news there but nothing is pulling my pants down yet, any word on Justified season 3....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, Lurk, never heard of JUSTIFIED, is that the one with ... oh, what is his name... I forgot... he plays a sheriff right?

      Delete
  12. That looks pretty good, though I've never watched the last 3 seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really wish BBC series is easy to find here.
    I haven't seen being human yet but I can see why you like the British more than the US...Brits can really make amazing movies and series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Torrents, Novia, Torrents is the answer ;)

      Delete
    2. hahaha good advice Dezz!! but finding the first season will be a challenge ;)

      Delete
  14. More interesting tv shows!? How am I ever going to get my writing done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he he write during the day, watch during the night :)

      Delete
  15. I love the beauty and the beast Dez!
    (/and I se what you write in Pat blog):)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do like films and television programmes based on Beauty and the Beast...do you remember that one with The Terminator's Linda Hamilton?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, it is mentioned in the link above for the CW's show :)

      Delete
  17. Amell looks like a better Green Arrow than Justin Hartley was on Smallville.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he does, although Justin is great too as all Justins are :)

      Delete
  18. The Beauty and the Beast - man, that's a long long time ago. Always digged the Beauty... I look forward to seeing The Hobbit, Dezzy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It makes me very sad that Aiden has left the show. I loved him so much. I know he's going on to bigger things, but still...And now Russell?! Man, I am not going to be watching this for very much longer. Unless of course I become enamored of the new castmates, which isn't likely from this short trailer.

    The new Beauty and the Beast and Gotham sound like terrific shows. I love Once Upon A Time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, the show will die without them. I wish they brought back the guy who played the vampire in the pilot episode of the first season before Aiden was cast instead of him. He was great too.
      ONCE UPON A TIME is my new obsession and I will post a spotlight on it this Sunday :)
      Hope you are better, darling! You made us worry!

      Delete
  20. S4 of Being Human might be interesting.
    I used to love the 80s Beauty and the Beast hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it myself, I was a baby back then, but I hear a lot of people liked it

      Delete
  21. Being human looks interesting
    might have to give it a viewing

    ReplyDelete
  22. I rather like the U.S. version of Being Human, but I've never given the BBC version of it a try. I am loathe to do so with all of the cast shakeups they have had on it. I prefer my television series to have more consistency.

    As for the Green Arrow...it will be difficult not seeing the blond bombshell that they had playing Oliver McQueen in Smallville. He was some serious eye-candy and his body was absolutely to die for. So how this guy will measure up to that is beyond me. Plus I have a thing for blonds so yeah... I dunno. At least I still have Arthur in Merlin to keep me happy.

    Suggestion...you should do an interview with Bradley James if you can wing the connections (wink wink).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should watch the UK version, because it is the original one, Michael, and has the most amazing atmosphere. The cast change is in fourth season, so you can easily watch first three, which have less than 10 episodes per year.
      I hear you with the blonds ;)))
      Bradley or Collin interviews would be a dream come true! Have you read my interview with Kyle Pryor? He is some serious eye candy too, you have it up in the INTERVIEWS button under the banner

      Delete
    2. and I've also liked Justin Hartley in SMALLVILLE!

      Delete
  23. I'd never heard of Stephen Amell before but he sure is gorgeous! Not sure I'm interested in seeing Green Arrow though and it's just dumb that they're just calling it Arrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is dumb, GREEN would attract more people :)

      Delete
  24. u have a nice blog
    i want to exchange banner with u
    my site url is http://fundownloadmanager.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. i like the idea of a fantasy themed beauty and the beast better than a legal one.
    and !!! i'm so behind on being human! george is leaving!?!?!? NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Vics, you should drop by SUnday, since I will have the most beautiful fantasy show spotlight ever :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.