Tuesday, February 21, 2012

HOLLYWOOD SPY BEST ACTORS WHO'VE NEVER WON AN OSCAR ARE ED NORTON, PATRICK WILSON & HUGH JACKMAN. ROUND 3 IS ON!

The second part of our BEST ACTOR WHO'S NEVER WON AN OSCAR is over and the winners are three super gifted boys Ed Norton (21%), Patrick Wilson (20%) and Hugh Jackman (20%). Julianne Moore (14%) and Helena Bonham Carter (12%) came after them.
ED NORTON
I must admit I'm personally not an overly huge fan of Ed Norton, since he gets too "Sean Peanny" sometimes in his acting, but he did have some great roles which he used to prove his talent. My own favourite is probably his performance
in THE PAINTED VEIL, in which he was basically the strongest link in a film with amazing story, brilliant setting, bad and confusing direction and frigidly bad acting of Naomi Watts. He was actually nominated for Academy Awards two times - for his roles in AMERICAN HISTORY X, which was a turning point in his career, and in PRIMAL FEAR. It seems that he likes playing criminals and delinquents. One of his unusual roles which some might like, or some might not, was the role of the king in KINGDOM OF HEAVEN, a very interesting one since we don't see his face at all throughout the epic film. He is not one of those overly present actors and he has shot less than five or six films since the mid 2000s.
PATRICK WILSON
I've said it many times before that for me Patrick Wilson is one of the very few American thespians. True acting talent in Hollywood usually comes from Britain, Australia and other parts of the world, but not from USA itself. Patrick is one of the exceptions. The depth with which he
approaches every role playing the character in question and not himself and the ease with which he becomes the person he plays makes him a male equivalent of Cate Blanchett and Meryl Streep. My personal favourite performance of his are the legendary one from ANGELS IN AMERICA, and the deeply haunting one from LITTLE CHILDREN, two stunningly refined performances to be remembered forever, but still he wasn't even nominated for an Oscar in any of those two cases. We was nominated for Golden Globe for ANGELS IN AMERICA but didn't win. Other of his intelligent and deeply appealing performances for which he wasn't nominated include HARD CANDY, WATCHMEN, BARRY MUNDAY, EVENING, THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA and many others.
HUGH JACKMAN
Although Hugh Jackman is a glamorous actor, who stars in blockbusters and has billions of fans, it is quite obvious that he has
tones of acting talent hidden in him. He will probably use upcoming years to prove himself more in dramas, but he already showed us his brilliant dramatic skills with his utterly perfect and deeply passionate role in mesmerizing THE FOUNTAIN, and with his grandiose and loveable role in Luhrmann's epic AUSTRALIA. Will he finally get an Oscar nod he deserves with his upcoming acting and singing role in LES MISERABLES next to Russell Crowe and Eddie Redmayne? We shall keep our fingers crossed for Hugh, because he's the man! And wasn't he just adorable as the Oscar host a few years ago?
 THIRD ROUND
Now let us finish our series of THE BEST STARS WHO'VE NEVER WON AN OSCAR with the third, final round in which you can vote as much as you like for one of the following thespians who, believe it or
not, never won an Oscar:Toni Collette (MURIEL'S WEDDING, LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE, THE SIXTH SENSE, THE HOURS, THE DEAD GIRL, EVENING), Ewan McGregor (MOULIN ROUGE, YOUNG ADAM, BEGINNERS, STAY), Paul Bettany (MASTER AND COMMANDER, A BEAUTIFUL MIND, THE YOUNG VICTORIA, DOGVILLE, ), Matthew Goode (BURNING MAN, MATCHPOINT, WATCHMEN, A SINGLE MAN, ), Jonathan Rhys Meyers (THE EMPEROR'S WIFE, CHILDREN OF HUANG SHI, MATCH POINT), Glenn Close (HOUSE OF THE SPIRITS, DANGEROUS LIAISONS, EVENING, PARADISE ROAD, HAMLET) and Sean Bean (LORD OF THE RINGS, TROY).

39 comments:

  1. That was a close one! All three great actors, though I've only seen Patrick Wilson in Little Children (and he was excellent in that). I really want Ed Norton to be in some current movies. I have not seen him in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ed seems like a guy who doesn't want to shoot too many movies. He doesn't have many future projects either. It might be due to his bad temper for which most directors don't like him, or it might be that he just likes doing one movie a year tops :)

      Delete
  2. yaii, my vote won :)
    I am not Norton fans either but in my opinion he did a better bruce (hulk) than Bana. so I pick him.

    Hei...next poll is confusing. I have two on my mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always try to make polls as tough as possible :)))

      Delete
    2. I finally choose the one I always in any movies ;)

      Delete
  3. I'll go for the Bean but I think it's a long shot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's possible he has lots of fans who will vote for him, Lurk :) You know how fans often hijack our polls.

      Delete
  4. Well, I MUST vote for my boy Ewan. But I hope Glenn Close gets an Oscar next year for "Alfred Nobbs."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this year, not next, actually this Sunday :) But I think Meryl will win for IRON LADY.

      Delete
  5. You know who I voted for in the "Best Star who Never go an Oscar" poll :)
    He should have won an Emmy or BAFTA for Game of Thrones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if fans high jack the poll and he wins, you know you will have to write a post on him for me :)

      Delete
  6. American Histoy X was a really good one. Can't say I like a lot of his those. And the fountain, geez Dez that makes me cringe more than you waddling around like a penguin...LOL And Bean it is for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. stop trashing THE FOUNTAIN, Cat, or the penguins will scratch you to pieces :)

      Delete
  7. It saddens me to see this much talent being over looked~ Sometimes I think it is so comfortable to give to the obvious or previous winner...
    I agree with you about Patrick Wilson. He embraces every role and brings it! He is so versatile and unique. I do appreciate Hugh's talents as well. He razzled n' dazzled during his hosting. I, too believe he has a few more surprises for us!

    I can't believe who is in the 3rd round...whoah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, this is the third part of the poll, we've covered more than 20 extremely talented actors who are synonym to amazing thespians, and none of them won an Oscar, most weren't even nominated. I like what you said about Patrick!

      Delete
  8. i loved norton in DEATH TO SMOOCHY...
    but this new poll- dezz!
    of course, i'll vote for bettany- but putting him up against the mighty bean??? and toni collette?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a tough competition as always :) Can you believe Toni doesn't have an Oscar??? She is like the best actress ever beside Blanchett and Winslet and Meryl

      Delete
  9. For me, Edward Norton is one of the top actors in Hollywood. He seems to have disappeared lately so its nice to hear he's back in action!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ed Norton is awesome! I really really liked the movie Fight Club!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's was overly violent for me, but I know lots of you love it :)

      Delete
  11. I'll have to go with my boy Ewan on this new one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sean Bean, of course! Dying in every single show has to pay off one day HAHA

    I'm glad Norton won, he just has to get that Oscar, one day, just because of Fight Club & American History X.

    And Jackman is so good looking :D

    L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. American History X is one of my favorite movies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Ewan. But that other guy, Patrick, is great. :) Sorry for my absence from your blog, parental controls went rogue and I couldn't access half the blogs. Problem fixed now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice to have you back, Ciara! Ewan and Patrick are stunningly amazing!

      Delete
  15. Norton was good in American History X, but other than that he's been kind of forgettable for me. Can't really name many movies he's been in.

    And how am I to choose in this new poll? You know my love of Sean Bean, but they're all so good. I also think when Paul Bettany is good he's very, very good. And Glenn Close was SO excellent in The Lion in Winter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, don't mention LION IN WINTER, I have to watch it for the tenth time :) I never tire of it, I've never seen such acting performances like in it - Patrick Stewart, Glenn, two brilliant actor who played prince Richard and John, then Jonathan Rhys Meyers... oh, have to watch it again!

      Delete
  16. Fun polls...I think I need to get out more so I can offer a legitimate opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are all great actors, Lizzy, you would enjoy all of their movies :)

      Delete
  17. Oooh, Ed Norton is looking suave in that photo, VERY nice! I'm amazed he still hasn't won an Oscar yet, such a tremendous actor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's probably the only good set of pics he has ;) It took me ages to find something nice. It's from his Breil photo session :)

      Delete
  18. Ed Norton's not won anything? Shocking, I really like his style. Hopefully it's only a matter of time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, all these actors never won, some haven't even been nominated ;(

      Delete
  19. FYI, Patrick Wilson couldn't have been nominated for an Oscar for Angels in America, because it was on TV (on HBO). He WAS nominated for an Emmy for it, though, but did not win.

    He, btw, is my pick for best actor to never win (or even be nominated for) an Oscar. No matter what round you're in.

    ReplyDelete
  20. and FYI :) I've mentioned that a couple of times before, that it's a mini series, that's why I said above in the post that it is my personal fave performance of his, which doesn't mean it's Oscar candidate. He is my favourite actor, especially among the USA ones. It's a scandal that he was never even nominated. Scandal!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.