Sunday, February 12, 2012

HOLLYWOOD SPY SPOTLIGHT ON SF EPIC "IRON SKY" IN WHICH THE NAZIS INVADE EARTH FROM THEIR SECRET BASE ON THE MOON!

One of the most interesting projects which has been trying to finish its production for some time now, has apparently finally found enough money to finish shooting thanks to a very wise marketing campaign in which the trailer for the unfinished film has attracted the attention of millions of people around the net and the film will now finally premier at Berlin Film Festival. It's a Finnish film shot in English called IRON SKY a mix of visually spectacular sf action with elements of comedy, which brings up an idea that Nazis had escaped to Moon where they've built up their space station and are now planning to invade us again.

IRON SKY STORY
Here's the official plot: Towards the end of World War II the Nazi scientists made a significant breakthrough in anti-gravity. From a secret
base built in the Antarctic, the first Nazi spaceships were launched in late '45 to found the military base Schwarze Sonne (Black Sun) on the dark side of the Moon. This base was to build a powerful invasion fleet and return to take over the Earth once the time was right. Now it's 2018,
and it's the time for the first American Moon landing since the 70′s. Meanwhile the Nazi invasion, that has been over 70 years in the making, is on its way, and the world is goose-stepping towards its doom.
IRON SKY TIDBITS
The film already has almost 100,000 followers at Facebook and it is interesting that they've gathered half a million euros from fans and followers to finish the last stage of the production. The three main characters of the story are Renate Richter (Julia Dietze),Klaus Adler
(Götz Otto from SCHINDLER'S LIST, TOMORROW NEVER DIES, SKYFALL), and James Washington (Christopher Kirby from THE MATRIX). Music for the film is composed by Slovenian industrial metal band Laibach. IRON SKY is a science fiction comedy being
produced by Blind Spot Pictures and Energia Productions in Finland, and co-produced by 27 Films in Germany and New Holland Pictures in Australia. It was shot in Germany and Australia. There's also a comic book based on the Moon Nazi movie.

42 comments:

  1. Very cool sounding film I'm gald they finally got the money to finish. I always love good Nazi doom tale. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way they got the money, very cool :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, wow, that is just CRAZY! Probably has the potential to be a cult favorite for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. utter craziness :) And I agree that it will probably be a huge hit for many years on the DVD market :)

      Delete
    2. Do you reackon this science fiction comedy will be as funny as Space Balls... you know the one where Dark Helmet says, 'When will Then be Now?' and the answer he gets is 'Soon.' :)

      Delete
    3. I'm not sure how much of a comedy this will be, I thought it would be a serious sf film until I saw the blond bimbo in the trailer.

      Delete
  3. Well, that sure is something to look forward to, Dezzmeister. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks campy, funny, and crazy. I want to watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see my boys wanting to experience this one! Yeah, I was surprised to see such great berries at the market...must be a special California crop just for Valentine's Day. I still love the local berries that are only around for 2 weeks in the spring. Enjoy your Sunday~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we also have strawberries and cherries only for a couple of weeks in the spring or summer, and that's it :( We are still in the market system in which we only have seasonal fruit.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. No, not really. I have reservations. And not the good kind for dinner.

      Delete
    2. he he :)
      I also had a thought if making a film with Nazis, but a fun one, is a right thing. It could hurt all those who lost so many and so much in the war :( I'd personally never do it if I was a director.

      Delete
  7. Nice how they actually got the money to finish it, not having to sell their soul to some crappy studio. Interesting premise too, definitely original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I love how fans helped them to finish the film.

      Delete
  8. Hopefully this will end up being the good kind of silly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully, but it sure does look amazing visually, kinda like brilliant SKY CAPTAIN AND THE WORLD OF TOMORROW

      Delete
  9. The story of how this film came to be is interesting. I'm not certain that I want to see it, but it's visually interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool blog! Check out mine too!
    http://commonvideogamers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so incredibly kick ass. Space Nazis from the Moon? I like.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This movie looks absolutely EPIC

    http://ausbargain.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry I haven't been round, Dezz, I've been under the weather and I've missed my daily news.

    Can I just say, love the pics! They're fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad to have you back! The pics really are something special

      Delete
  14. in no way is that a plot I could have guessed. Sounds trippy and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The geek in me is getting a little too excited for this. Just looking at the movie poster, I didn't think I would want to watch it. But after reading your post, and watching the trailer, it looks pretty genius! Look forward to watching this.

    GM x

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooo Iron sky is a must see for me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hehe, you're a little bit faster than me today on news :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.