Saturday, February 25, 2012

LILY COLLINS IS JULIET IN "ROSALINE"? JOEL KINNAMAN IS THE NEW "ROBOCOP"? SPOTLIGHT ON PRINCESS DEJAH THORIS FROM 2012 BIGGEST EPIC "JOHN CARTER"!

Now, you know that a number of ROMEO AND JULIET projects are in works, mainly the one from Carlo Carlei, which will stick to the original story and will have Hailee Steinfeld, Douglas Booth,
Damian Lewis, Paul Giamatti, Stellan Skarsgard and Ed Westwick in the cast. But I've also announced ROSALINE, which is only inspired by the Shakespeare's play and tells the story from the perspective of Rosaline who was Romeo's girlfriend before he entered the doomed relationship with Juliet. Now, the update is that the film, which is based on "When You Were Mine" novel by Rebecca Serle (which hits bookstores this Spring), might have our dear Snow White Lily Collins in the role of Juliet and she might join Dave Franco, the brother of James, who plays Romeo. The film is being directed by Michael Sucsy who's just had a huge blockbuster success with Channing Tatum's THE VOW.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
The second interesting casting news today comes from MGM: I've already announced a couple of times that they are preparing a remake of famous 80's sf
flick ROBOCOP, and according to "Deadline" they have offered the lead role to super charismatic Joel Kinnaman from AMC's THE KILLING show. You might remember that the role was previously mentioned in connection with Michael Fassbender and even Russell Crowe, Chris Pine and Keanu Reeves. The role of the terminally wounded cop who returns to the police force as a powerful cyborg haunted by submerged memories, could now go to young Kinnaman whom we'd been mentioning quite a lot last winter because he got the knight role in ARTHUR AND LANCELOT epic which later on got cancelled.

And I know I said I will refrain from bombarding you with any more clips from this year's biggest sf epic JOHN CARTER, but I couldn't resist  showing you the latest clip which tells more of the most beautiful member of the cast - princess Dejah Thoris played by gorgeous Lynn Collins. The clip reveals more about her character and about her relationship with Taylor Kitsch's John Carter with whom she falls madly in love. The premier of the film was last night in Los Angeles and as you've probably heard the whole Internet is filled with the positive buzz from all who've seen the early screenings, everybody is mesmerized and enamoured with Andrew Stanton's brilliant epic which finally hits cinemas March 9th!

And don' forget to visit HOLLYWOOD SPY this Sunday, since I'm bringing you a huge spotlight on EPICS THAT WERE NEVER MEANT TO BE! Tones of amazing epics which were announced but never shot!

44 comments:

  1. The girl at the top needs to do her eyebrows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she doesn't :) those eyebrows brought her fame and glory :) and the role of her life :)

      Delete
    2. hahaha nice one, she need eyes lol

      Delete
    3. if eyebrows bring you roles of your life you should cultivate them like roses :)

      Delete
  2. Hearing they are doing a remake of Robocop makes me want to pound my head againt the desk. Hard. Why, why, why? Not even that good looking gentlemen they've found to play the part can make it a good thing.

    **Oh, and did you hear that? An angel's wing just hit the floor, because another woman with taste just bought Pride and Prejudice. :PP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just commented on someone's site, that BACK TO THE FUTURE is now probably the only 80's classic which isn't getting a remake :)
      I shall write down that Austen purchase of yours into your book of sins and crimes :)

      Delete
  3. am I the only one who doesnt think Romeo and Juliet an interesting story?

    Good to the know the snow white girl gets more rule tho I doubt I will watch it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Epic's coming by the plenty. I'm sure that will be epic...lol

    I sooooo hoped that robocop remake would die a horrible and painful death. I guess they can rebuild it, wait wrong robot..haha. I suppose it can't be worse than the third one though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what third one? There were three robocops? I haven't even watched the first one :)))

      Delete
  5. Lily sure is getting some high profile roles and good for her.

    I can't wait for John Carter! Just a couple more weeks. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, her MORTAL INSTRUMENTS have been cancelled (thank God, because she was supposed to star next to that horrid wimpy Arthur from CAMELOT), and she now needs big projects after MIRROR MIRROR.

      Delete
  6. A remake of Robocop? I liked the original film but cheesy movies like that should stay in the 1980's

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn's outfits in that clip are to die for. She looks great in them and her fighting with that sword, she makes my day. I didn't see the first Robocop as the adverts for it turned me off. If the Romeo and Juliet films are done well, I'll like them. But it's tough to top Kenneth Branagh when doing a Shakespeare film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she will be the symbol of intergalactic hotness :) Such roles are to die for when it comes to young actresses.
      Kenneth really is the king of Shakespeare's adaptations!

      Delete
    2. I really like Kenneth. Have you seen him in the BBC series Wallander? He did a great job in that.

      Delete
    3. I haven't, but I've heard about it :) Have you read the comment I've left you on BANDERAS post, where we've mentioned MELLANIE GRIFFIT?:)

      Delete
  8. I love to see your blog lots of effort on this blog thanks for sharing God bless u

    Lakhani Lawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Robocop remake? I hope he isn't so stiff this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah a robocop remake... not sure how well that will turn out I wasn't a huge fan of the first one

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe there can be a mix of robocop as romeo?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I grew up reading Edgar Rice Burroughs. I'm really hoping the movie doesn't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it won't, the people who saw it say it's brilliant and great :)

      Delete
  13. I'd pick a white chocolate pb cup over milk or dark chocolate EVERY time! Off to check them out~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too :) You know I prefer the white one, milk chocolate gives me pimples :)))

      Delete
  14. Joel Kinnaman doesn't do it for me for Robocop. Lily Collins could be Juliet, and in this case, it sounds like the role would be in a supporting capacity since the focus would be on the titular character, would be my guess. Any word on a Rosaline?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosaline is one of the unknown actresses from TRUE BLOOD, I forgot her name. I wrote about it last year, you can find her pic if you use the SEARCH button :)

      Delete
    2. Oh yes...I remember now. Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica). Yum.

      Delete
  15. i really love the red tribal scrollwork on the side of that mars pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's the signature mark of the whole film, most of the poster wear those tribals since all the people at Barsum have them all over their skins :)

      Delete
  16. I like Lily ~ she is very lovely ~

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.