Wednesday, January 13, 2016

'CHRONICLES OF NARNIA' TO GET EPIC REBOOT WITH 'THE SILVER CHAIR'! 'AZTECS' EPIC TV ADAPTATION OF DANIEL PETERS BOOK! ABC ORDERS NEW KELLY RIPA SITCOM, FOX NEW COURTNEY COX COMEDY!

'THE SILVER CHAIR' TO BE A
REBOOT OF NARNIA MOVIE SAGA
If you love legendary epic fantasy saga THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA from CS Lewis and are sad that the movie franchise ended last decade with three films, do not despair because the fourth one is coming in the future. Producer Mark Gordon has announced that it will be based on THE SILVER CHAIR book and will be a reboot - a start of a new franchise with new actors, directors and team. The story follows Dawn Treader's Eustace and his schoolmate Jill who end up in Narnia where they need to hunt down the ageing King Caspian's missing son.

'AZTECS' EPIC TV SERIES
BASED ON DANIEL PETERS' BOOK 'THE LUCK OF HUEMAC'
Speaking of book adaptations, Televisa USA will turn Daniel Peters' acclaimed book 'The Luck of Huemac' into AZTECS TV series! MARCO POLO's and BLACK SAILS' Mark Chernuchin will run the series about a family in the waning moments of a glorious but little known civilization as the Spanish invasion looms. As 'Deadline' reports the project will tackle of the subject of the pre-Columbian empire from the family’s vantage point, rather than that of Cortez and the Conquistadors. Intrigue, betrayal and romance told from the eyes of the people that built and lost this great civilization.

NEW SITCOM PILOTS FROM
KELLY RIPA, MARK CONSUELOS
Since it is the season when comedy pilots get ordered, here's the today's batch: ABC has ordered a pilot of Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos untitled multicamera sitcom about husband and wife who are trying to fend off the gentrification of their neighbourhood in Brooklyn. When each of their three daughters announce they are romantically involved with the very people who irritate the two of them so much, they are forced to finally let these people into their lives.
AND COURTNEY COX
Fox is, meanwhile, counting on Courtney Cox in a pilot for new untitled single camera sitcom in which she would play a woman who inherits her late billionaire husband’s charity and quickly finds that changing the world is far less glamorous than she had imagined.

44 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to see what they do with The Silver Chair. That was always one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Debra. I turn off the TV every time I see Kelly. Oh wait, you can't see her because she's getting so skinny that she's disappearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen her as a host. Is she annoying?

      Delete
    2. I actually like her as a host. I used to watch her all the time when she was with Regis. When he left, I lost interest though.

      Delete
    3. I liked her in FAITH AND HOPE, although she was annoying in that one too :) She and Mark seem like a lovely couple, though

      Delete
    4. I think why I find her so annoying is she talks about eating so much, which she obviously is not doing. Or, she's binging and purging. Her weight loss is astounding from how she used to look.

      Delete
    5. or maybe Mark is keeping her fit... you did see how he looks :)

      Delete
    6. Yes, I found her talking about food all the time so annoying on the show, but then she later admitted that she only ate one egg for breakfast. Who the hell survives off just one egg for breakfast?

      Delete
    7. I live on a radish or a beet for breakfast with some whole wheat bread LOL But I'm a poor church mouse....

      Delete
  3. I did hear about The School for Good and Evil being picked up--probably from you. I'm excited about the Narnia news. Here's hoping they do it right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tis possible :) I know I mentioned it a year ago or so.

      Delete
  4. Well, I think this is exciting news regarding the Silver Chair. I'd also like to see an adaptation of Lloyd Alexander's Prydain chronicles. I wonder if they ever will. I guess you would know before any of us, Dezzy so I'll keep checking back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PRYDAIN was done by Disney long time ago and wasn't successful so I'm not sure they will do it again, but you never know, we do love fairy tales and such shenanigans

      Delete
  5. The Silver Chair should be fun and no doubt epic cinematography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we can't wait to hear about the team that will work on it

      Delete
  6. Heard about The Silver Chair and hope it turns out well. The Aztecs series seems quite ambitious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope they don't make Aztecs a show for kids but make it more ambitious and deep

      Delete
  7. The term "reboot" is starting to set my teeth on edge. But it's about time they got back to Narnia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. having in mind how bad the last of Narnia movies were :) a reboot is very much needed :)

      Delete
  8. I think I would like the Silver Chair. Kelly Ripa sitcom - no thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Narnia. Kelly Ripa is too hyper for me, at least on her morning show. I haven't seen her acting yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I disliked The Silver Chair enormously, but it will be interesting to see the film version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you like the movie better than the book then :)

      Delete
  11. I missed the boat on Narnia. I think I need to catch up on the books and the movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the first one was OK, the PRINCE CASPIAN was painfully boring, I remember I watched it after one of my surgeries and feeling even deeper pain than from my stitches :)

      Delete
  12. With a live morning talk show all the time, I never thought Kelly Ripa had the time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is just a pilot, and if the sitcom gets ordered it usually has about ten episodes, not that much

      Delete
  13. I'm super excited for Narnia! Waaah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Courtney Cox one sounds like something she would play well. I didn't realize that Kelly Ripa actually acted though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she did, she starred in other sitcoms and had some of her own too :)

      Delete
  15. That's very cool about Narnia! I'm looking forward to that. And like Jaclyn above me, I had no idea Kelly Ripa acted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she did, had her quite lovely sitcom HOPE AND FAITH

      Delete
  16. yaaaay for the 4th episode of Narnia. Can't get enough of the first three and I bet it's gonna be as charming as the previous ones.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A reboot? Really? Why not a bucket of TNT?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there are so many places we'd send a bucket of TNT to!

      Delete
    2. But you're a pacifist. How about a bucket of something else?

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.