Sunday, January 3, 2016

PREMIUM SPOTLIGHT ON 'THE SHANNARA CHRONICLES' EPIC FANTASY SERIES WITH AUSTIN BUTLER, MANU BENNET, JOHN RHYS DAVIES, IVANA BAQUERO

'THE SHANNARA CHRONICLES'  
THE LAUNCH OF THE EPIC SERIES
Just two more days people, two days before the biggest epic fantasy TV adventure of 2016 starts on the small screens with the two hour premiere episode of MTV's THE SHANNARA CHRONICLES on Tuesday January 5th! The ten episode series will bring us the television adaptations of Terry Brooks' best selling fantasy saga following the elves and trolls of Shannara!

THE STORY OF ELVES
The most expensive series in MTV's history follows the inhabitants of the Four Lands, a place set thousands of years into the future where cataclysmic war among humans has yielded a new order after wiping out most of the humans, leaving various troll, dwarf, elf and other species to battle one another and a set of demonic presences in a place called the Forbidding. The lead characters are Wil Ohmsford (Austin Butler), a healer who suddenly discovers his powers, and Amberle Elessedil (Poppy Drayton), who becomes one of the Chosens (guardians of a mystical tree that provides peace in their lands), and sets on a quest outside her elfin kingdom, where she will meet Wil. They will be joined by outlawed scavenger Eretreia (Ivana Baquero). Daniel Macpherson and John Rhys Davies also star in John Favreau directed and produced series.

AUSTIN BUTLER IS WIL
 Austin Butler leads the cast in the lead role of Wil Ohmsford - half human and half elf - who discovers that he is the last of the legendary Shannara family.


POPPY DRAYTON IS AMBERLE  
Elven princess, agile, fit and capable, she has become the first female to be accepted as one of the Chosen, the special group of Elves responsible for the protection and care of the ancient Ellcrys tree. But unlike the rest of the Chosen, Amberle’s dangerous and heroic journey is just beginning.

IVANA BAQUERO IS ERETRIA  
A young woman from the wrong side of the tracks who’s been forced touse her beauty and wits to survive. She’s a human who has been raised in a den of thieves known as the Rovers. When she rescues elven prince Wil (Austin Butler) from danger she becomes unwittingly tied to his quest to save the Four Lands.

MANU BENNET IS ALLANON
 Manu Bennett from HOBBIT and SPARTACUS will play a powerful druid named Allanon, the last of his kind. He is preserving the knowledge of ancient times as a practitioner of the mystic arts.

32 comments:

  1. With each new trailer this is looking better and better. Right now I'm pretty well sold on it and really want to see it.

    I saw Man In the High Castle on Amazon and it absolutely worked. They did a fantastic job with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must check that one out, dear. I didn't like the trailer so I gave up on HIGH CASTLE, but now that you say it's good, I will check it out :) BEOWULF and WAR AND PEACE start tonight in UK, and I have AND THEN THERE WERE NONE and DICKENSIAN downloaded already :)

      Delete
  2. I really keep meaning to read these books but never find the time. Looks good from the trailers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to this. I suppose I should have read the books *hangs head in shame*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read them either :) But I hope we will enjoy the show

      Delete
  4. Ooh, glad I saw this today. I almost forgot to set it to record on my dvr. Just got it locked in. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's a bit late from 10PM and will be two hours long on Tuesday :)

      Delete
    2. That's why we dvr it. No need to stay up watching it. I just catch up on my shows when I am ironing or doing my hair and makeup for the day.

      Delete
    3. I will torrent it and save it for Sunday since KOSEM SULTANA is having a New Year's break this week :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. it is our fave genre! Happy New Year as well!

      Delete
  6. This series sounds fantastic!! Something that both my husband and myself would enjoy. I'll have to wait for it on DVD because I lost MTV. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, noes! You don't have cable in tha new cassa?

      Delete
  7. happy new year Dezz :))
    I dont know if I would like it or not, guess wil;l find out on a rainy day :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say I'm impressed MTV is taking on something of this magnitude. Go MTV!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. could be a thing that saves them, or a thing that finally buries them :)

      Delete
  9. This looks like it could be really good.

    How you be, Dez?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A busy bee Dezzy be :) Started Pierce Brown's MORNING STAR today! 550 pages to translate

      Delete
  10. This is quite a lineup to start 2016. I bet that pointy ear cuff is going to be a fashion statement this year. Hope you have a wonderful 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oo, it keeps looking better and better. I hope it lives up to the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup, I want to watch this series even more now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. And all of them are wearing skinny pants.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I watched the trailer and it looks like a mix of the hobbits, game of thrones and more..I will definitely enjoy it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's Lord of The Rings style, a bit cheaper

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.