Saturday, January 9, 2016

LAURIE DAVIDSON TO LEAD SHEKHAR KAPUR'S 'WILL' SHAKESPEARE EPIC TV SERIES! 'OUTLANDER' 2ND SEASON TRAILER IS HERE! 'ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME' TRAILER WITH SARAH JESSICA PARKER, RAOUL BOVA

SHEKHAR KAPUR'S 'WILL' EPIC
SERIES CASTS LAURIE DAVIDSON
Tell me, people, what are the odds that two of our fave directors move onto the small screens in the same year? With Tarsem directing EMERALD CITY epic series for NBC, another of our dearest film makers, Shekhar Kapur (ELIZA BETH saga) will helm WILL epic series for TNT, which I've already told you about, but now they have the sweetest of leads! Charming young Laurie David son will lead the wild story of young WILLiam Shakespeare's arrival onto the punk rock theatre scene that was 16th century London – the seductive world where his raw talent faced rioting audiences, religious fanatics and raucous side-shows. It’s the hot, contemporary, dangerous version of Shakespeare’s life, played to a modern soundtrack, exposing all his recklessness, lustful temptations and brilliance.

'OUTLANDER' 2ND SEASON
TRAILER RELEASED!
Speaking of epic series, check out the first teaser for the second season of OUTLANDER which should arrive to Starz in April! The new season will see pregnant Claire (Caitriona Balfe) and Jamie (Sam Heughan) arrive to France, intent on infiltrating the Jacobite rebellion led by Prince Charles Stuart and stopping the battle of Culloden.


'ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME' MOVIE TRAILER
WITH SARAH JESSICA PARKER
There's also another trailer for you today, the first clip for Sarah Jessica Parker's new romantic movie ALL ROADS LEAD TO ROME which is out this February! She plays Maggie, a slightly neurotic woman excited for an Italian vacation with her less-enthused daughter, Summer (Rosie Day). While the rebellious teen is eager to get back to her boyfriend in New York, Maggie’s romance is right in front of her, as she reconnects with an old flame named Luca (Raoul Bova). While they’re distracted by the sparkle of youth in each other’s eyes, Luca’s mother (Claudia Cardinale) gives the keys to his Alfa Romero convertible to Summer with the understanding that she drive the elderly woman to Rome for her own romantic adventure.

24 comments:

  1. All Roads Lead to Rome sounds like fun. What's your pick, Dez?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd pick all of them, but I'm extremely excited about WILL! I love everything Shekhar does

      Delete
  2. Will was a bit of a punk, eh? I knew I liked him for a reason. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is, not that this gorgeous lil' munchkin Laurie looks anything like a punk!

      Delete
  3. I like SJP and her neurotic roles. Also, I love anything to do with Shakespeare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. both should be fun for watching, especially WILL

      Delete
  4. All Roads Lead to Rome is my kind of film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love relaxed romcoms in romantic settings

      Delete
  5. All Roads Lead to Rome is my kind of film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love relaxed romcoms in romantic settings

      Delete
  6. Seems so many romantic comedies end up going straight to cable/Netflix these days. I wonder if Sarah Jessica's will do well in theaters? I just watched a great romcom on Netflix that was never in theaters. It was great, but 15 years ago, it would have been on the big screen (and probably starred Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think her new movie will be released on VOD simultaneously :)

      Delete
  7. I hope Jessica Parker's new romantic movie is any good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still have to see Outlander's season 1.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outlander still seems so far away. I already forgot that Claire was pregnant.

    All Roast Lead To Rome sounds like a nice little watch, though SJP does tend to grate my nerves sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, she is such a treacherous wench, she is... oh, look there's a hot Scottish hunk ten years younger than me, who cares I'm married and my husband is looking for me dying from sadness, I shall let this Highlander impregnate me with his warrior muscles.... Puhlease... and ladies love her... imagine if it was the other way around....

      Delete
    2. I don't care for her character much either. She had the opportunity to go home and didn't, which left me baffled. If Jason wasn't enough to get me home, modern conveniences would be. But, I guess sexy Scottish hunks are where her loyalties lie.

      Delete
    3. just imagine if her husband did the same thing to her and stayed in Scottland for some hot lass? The show would have totally different tone. The ladies would claw his eyes out and remember him as the greatest villains... there's not such a one sided hypocrisy as the female one :) I hear the actors are dating now... although she kinda looks twenty years older than him :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.