Monday, January 4, 2016

1ST 'EMERALD CITY' EPIC SHOW PHOTOS WITH ADRIA ARJONA, OLIVER JACKSON COHEN & 'RANCH' SITCOM WITH ASHTON KUTCHER, DANNY MASTERSON! NEW 'OF KINGS AND PROPHETS' EPIC SERIES PROMO! GLIMPSE TOM HIDDLESTON'S 'NIGHT MANAGER' & 'POLDARK' SEASON 2 IN BBC'S NEW CLIP

'EMERALD CITY' 
1ST PHOTOS FROM EPIC SERIES
We continue with my end of year mission to present you with all the new TV stuff coming to us in 2016! And today I have for you the sweetest of treats, the first photos from my own most anticipated new show of the year NBC's epic fantasy series EMERALD CITY giving us the first glimpses of Adria Arjona as Dorothy and Oliver Jackson Cohen as Scarecrow, Vincent D'Onofrio as the Wizard and Florence Kasumba as the Wicked Witch of the East. Visual genius Tarsem Singh is directing the ten part series in which 20-year-old Dorothy Gale is transported to a mystical land in great peril, where an all-powerful Wizard has outlawed magic and rules over the many kingdoms. This is the fabled Land of Oz in a way you’ve never seen before — where lethal warriors roam, wicked witches plot in the shadows and a young girl from Kansas becomes the headstrong hero who holds the fate of their world in her hands. Joely Richardson plays Glinda.

'THE RANCH' SITCOM
1ST PICS WITH ASHTON KUTCHER AND DANNY MASTERSON
First photos have also been released for new multicamera sitcom coming to Netflix sometime later this year THE RANCH in which Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson are rejoined again! It follows a confident-but-failed semipro football player (Ashton Kutcher) who returns to Colorado to help run the family ranch. Danny Masterson is his second-fiddle brother, and Sam Elliott is their stiff-necked father. Their strong-willed mother (Debra Winger) owns a bar and temporarily lives in a trailer behind it while she figures out her marriage.

'OF KINGS AND PROPHETS'
NEW EPIC SERIES PROMO CLIP
In the trailer department check out a new promo for ABC's midseason epic series OF KINGS AND PROPHETS a saga of faith, ambition and betrayal as told through the eyes of a battle-weary king, a powerful and resentful prophet and a resourceful young shepherd on a collision course with destiny. Ray Winstone leads the cast as King Saul!


NEW BBC 2016 TRAILER SHOWS
GLIMPSES INTO NIGHT MANAGER AND POLDARK SECOND SEASON
And you must not miss a gorgeous new video announcing all the drama we shall watch at BBC One this year titled THE ONE TO WATCH! You can catch glimpses of Tom Hiddleston's THE NIGHT MANAGER, second season of POLDARK and WAR AND PEACE and A MIDSUMMER'S NIGHT DREAM!

30 comments:

  1. "The Ranch" has a great cast -- let's hope they make good use of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and the family seems hilariously disfunctional

      Delete
  2. Interesting. I've been watching That 70s Show on Netflix because all the episodes are on there. I wonder if the show is doing really well on there and that's why Netflix took on this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Netflix needed some new sitcoms, especially after the success with GRACE AND FRANKIE

      Delete
  3. I'm liking the new twist to Oz. Emerald City should be interesting to watch. Ashton has some redeeming qualities, but I've never been much of a fan of his comedy programs. I hope he has something serious out again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EMERALD CITY should be mega massive especially with Tarsem directing, it should be a memorable visual spectacle

      Delete
  4. I don't think we're in Kansas anymore

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of Emerald City- but it sounds fascinating. Definitely something I have to check out.

    The Ranch also sounds like something to check out- I am curious now that I have learned about it here. :)

    Thanks for sharing and keeping me in the loop.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope we get some kind of trailers for EMERALD CITY and RANCH before spring, but it's not very likely :(

      Delete
  6. Wow, not at all what I expected Emerald City to look like. I'm suddenly intrigued . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is Tarsem after all :) Too bad Ishioka died, I wonder who is doing costumes for him now

      Delete
  7. All looking pretty, pretty good! Of course, Emerald City is still topping my list of can't wait to see shows this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mine too! The only show I'm truly looking forward too as I'm the biggest of Tarsem's fans!

      Delete
  8. Another Oz remake? Yeah my idea for a MerryWeather retelling is needed. Stat! But I must say the Emerald City post here has me intrigued. Wow that BBC One trailer stole the show. My heart is pounding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BBC Is the One to watch :) They always have the most amazing trailers! Just watched their new WAR AND PEACE first ep last night and it was massive! The costumes left me drooling!

      Delete
  9. The Ranch looks great. I love Sam Elliot and had no idea he was still on God's green earth. Hahahaha

    As an aside, I saw Creed over the holidays. Loved it. Stallone still got it. I also saw Sisters. OMG it was freakin' hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't either, him nor Debra Winger :) It seems they are alive and smiling

      Delete
  10. I love me some Ashton Kutcher! I need to invest in Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not much of an actor, but sure is hot to look at :)

      Delete
  11. Good morning, Dez.
    Sounds like some good ones coming up. I love Sam Elliot. The Ranch could be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ashton Kutcher... so not funny. But he's always trying, and it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hellooooo Asthon Kutcher :)..Well, he might not be the brightest artist but he's cute :)

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.