Friday, February 17, 2012

NEW "SALMON FISHING IN THE YEMEN" TRAILER WITH EWAN MCGREGOR & EMILY BLUNT! HUGH JACKMAN, OPRAH WINFREY & JOHN CUSACK IN "THE BUTLER"? ICE AGE SF "THE COLONY"! JENNIFER ANISTON IN "EYE SWITCH"

I've mentioned Jennifer Aniston a few days ago, but according to "Deadline" she has another future project in her hands: she and Dennis Quaid will apparently take the leads in EYE SWITCH, a film
adaptation of a novel by Elmore Leonard in which the story follows Mickey Dawson (Jennifer Aniston) and her crooked real estate developer husband (Dennis Quaid). Mickey is kidnapped and ransomed by two ex-cons and when the lowlife husband sees this as a way to get rid of his wife and refuses to pay the ransom, the kidnappers embrace a new opportunity. They team up with a pissed off bombshell housewife to get all of her husband's money. The plot reminds me of the wonderful and super hilarious 80's classic RUTHLESS PEOPLE in which marvellous Bette Middler played Danny DeVito's kidnapped wife who was delighted to be taken for ransom :)

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
 Good news for all of you who love apocalyptic flicks: it seems that besides SNOW PIERCER with Chris Evans, Jamie Bell and OctaviaSpencer, which will follow people who who have build up their own society within an ever moving train in a futuristic world covered with snow, we shall have another ice bound flick. According to "The Hollywood Reporter" Canada is preparing their own such film - THE COLONY, a sci-fi thriller which will follow a group of underground survivors after the next Ice Age fending off an invasion of feral cannibals. The cast will have young Kevin Zegers and Laurence Fishburne and the film should start shooting next week in Toronto.
The same site reports that PRECIOUS director Lee Daniels might helm THE BUTLER, the story of Eugene Allen, a black man who worked as butler in the White House, serving eight presidents from 1952 to 1986. The possible cast is very interesting: Oprah Winfrey would play Allen's wife, Mila Kunis would play Jackie Kennedy, John Cusack would be Richard Nixon and Hugh Jackman is also mentioned in an unknown role.

It's been a very slow week when it comes to new trailers and the only one I have to give you today is the second clip from SALMON FISHING IN THE YEMEN, a super charming British film which should be released March 9th starring Ewan McGregor and Emily Blunt in the story about Dr. Alfred Jones, a henpecked, slightly pompous middle-aged scientist at the National Centre for Fisheries Excellence in London who is approached by a mysterious sheikh
about an outlandish plan to introduce the sport of salmon fishing into the Yemen. Dr. Jones refuses, but the project, however scientifically absurd, catches the eye of British politicians, who pressure him to work on it. His diaries of the Yemen Salmon Project, from beginning to glorious, tragic end, form the narrative backbone of the story; interspersed throughout are government memos, e-mails, letters, and interview transcripts that deftly capture the absurdity of bureaucratic dysfunction.

36 comments:

  1. That Kevin Zegers is gorgeous isn't he? :D

    I can't wait for SALMON FISHING IN THE YEMEN, it just looks enchanting! Love Emily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is kinda on the cute side :) And so is Emily Mily Blunt :)

      Delete
  2. A movie with Jennifer Aniston? I'll watch it! And the plots great? That's even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pic of Hugh...

    And SALMON FISHING IN THE YEMEN looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that pic too and this is my third to use it :) Can't resist :)

      Delete
  4. I'm really warming up to Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. Looks good, as does Hugh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and it's just around the corner, along with other of this year best films, I'm having a March epic spotlight this Sunday :)

      Delete
  5. "The Butler" sounds promising. My bet is on Denzel Washington for the lead role.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, they already have some unknown actor for the lead role. Someone who is 20 years younger than Oprah :)))

      Delete
  6. Hugh Jackman is seriously dreamy.

    Looking forward to Salmon Fishing In The Yemen..I love a good British movie.

    GM x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anything with Hugh Jackman - I'm in! Salmon Fishing sound interesting - the Brits do make great movies!

    My jury is out on Eye Switch...I'm a fan of Dennis Quaid from back when he starred in Dreamscape (my all time favourite sci-fi movie) but I'm often disappointed with Jen's performances.

    Jenny @ Pearson Report
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love us both Ewan and Hugh, don't we? :)
      Haven't heard of DREAMSCAPE before, must check it out!

      Delete
  8. The butler sounds like it might be okay. Eye Switch who knows but nice job reminding me of Ruthless People, that was a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was one of my fave films when I was a kid alongside WORKING GIRL and THE GOONIES :)

      Delete
  9. Salmon Fishing definitely gets my vote. I remember that movie with DeVito and Middler, it was so funny. It's been years since I've seen it. Time for a visit to Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always loved Bette, she is such a pleasure both to listen to and to watch. Adored her in RUTHLESS PEOPLE and in HOCUS POCUS as well :)

      Delete
  10. I cannot wait for Salmon Fishing. It looks enchanting. I also love the idea of Jen's new flick. Ruthless People was brilliant!! I have to rewatch that very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is positively enchanting, exactly my fave type of film :) I'm so glad so many of you are happy that I reminded them on RUTHLESS PEOPLE :)) It was such a lovely flick. It was the decade when Danny was a star. He also had THROW MOMMA FROM THE TRAIN, that one was hilarious too :)

      Delete
  11. Good to see something coming out of Canada, we don't get nearly enough attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was excited to hear it is being shot in Canada :)

      Delete
  12. There is something about that Salmon film that turns me off, which is weird as I quite love the Bluntster

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really do want to see Salmon Fishing. I love the cast and the trailers look just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. And now I'm wondering who Hugh Jackman would be playing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he does look presidential :) I'd vote for him and serve him any time!

      Delete
  15. the colony could be really interesting- and scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really could, Vics, but I love the sf genre :) and apocalyptic films too!

      Delete
  16. I saw that Salmon Fishing trailer at the cinema the other day, and it looks alright, but I can't say I'm convinced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it should be a lovely one, Bonjour, you know HOLLYWOOD SPY adores heartwarming ones :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.