Tuesday, February 7, 2012

WW2 MAGICIANS IN HBO'S "HOBGOBLIN" & "THE WAR MAGICIAN" FILM! DYNAMIC TRAILER FOR "STEP UP 4"! "THE MOUNTAIN BETWEEN US" BESTSELLER GETS A MOVIE ADAPTATION!

Beside bank heist films, one of the upcoming trends will also be magicians in World Wars. Yep, you read it right. Beside HBO's fantasy adventure series HOBGOBLIN (it's been in plan for some time now and it will revolve
around a group of con men and magicians during World War II, who use their skills to battle the supernatural forces unleashed by Hitler!) another project with that topic will be THE WAR MAGICIAN, which is, as "Variety" reports, based on David Fisher's best-selling book and tells the story of real-life British magician Jasper Maskelyne, who adapted the core principles of stage magic to World War II. Some of his magic included conjuring illusions of phantom soldiers in order to trick the Nazis or hiding parts of towns with optical illusions. Marc Forster, who is currently shooting WORLD WAR Z with Brad Pitt, and Peter Weir were mentioned before as possible helmers.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
One of the novels which will get a movie adaptation at 20th Century Fox is THE MOUNTAIN BETWEEN US by Charles Martin. The story starts on a stormy winter night, two strangers wait for a flight at
the Salt Lake City airport. Ashley Knox is an attractive, successful writer, who is flying East for her much anticipated wedding. Dr. Ben Payne has just wrapped up a medical conference and is also eager to get back East for a slate of surgeries he has scheduled for the following day. When the last outgoing flight is cancelled due to a broken de-icer and a forthcoming storm, Ben finds a charter plane that can take him around the storm and drop him in Denver to catch a connection. And when the pilot says the single engine prop plane can fit one more, if barely, Ben offers the seat to Ashley knowing that she needs to get back just as urgently. And then the unthinkable happens. The pilot has a heart attack mid-flight and the plane crashes into the High Uintas Wilderness.

I don't know about you but I love me some dance flicks, they always have brilliant dance routines, stunning choreographies, amazing
visuals, great music and are always very inspiring to watch (at least they inspire me to shake me bums the Shakira style LOL). This summer will bring us the fourth instalment of the mega popular dance saga STEP UP 4 and the first teaser has just been released and it is very cool and dynamic. This time the story is set down in Miami and follows young Emily who arrives in Florida with aspirations to become a professional dancer. She sparks with Sean, the leader of a dance crew whose neighbourhood is threatened by Emily's father's development plans. The film stars a bunch of young
stars with dancing talent Kathryn McCormick, Ryan Guzman (both rather hotsie as you can see bellow, he's a top model, she's a dancer), Chadd Smith, Stephen Boss, and should hit cinemas in July.

46 comments:

  1. Hello Mr. Guzman. :D

    LOL, Dezzy, I gotta see you shake your bum Shakira style now. You need to get your little icon guy animated. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it might sound unexpected but I really am most flexible around me waist and hips, go figure :) On the other hand, I'm slow on legs and me tongue :)

      Delete
  2. Dezzy - THE WAR MAGICIAN sounds great. As for dance flicks - yes, they're awesome. Just watched an 80's classic with my girls called: GIRLS JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN. A classic. =D
    BTW, love the Valentine's avatar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great film, and Cyndi Lauper's song is also super amazing, she's my fave singer from the 80's beside Belinda Carlisle :)
      Glad you like Valentine's avatar :)

      Delete
  3. I've never had any interest in the Step Up franchise...and i don't see that changing anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry to hear that, they are fun movies which can inspire young people in doing something worthy and something they are good at, using their talents for something good and positive. And the dance routines in those films are usually mindblowing.

      Delete
  4. I like magic three. And I love the bunny in the helmet, cute poster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like dance movies but I'm not sure about Step Up. It looks a little...plastic.

    War Magician sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually, STEP UP movies have a lot of heart and warmth, not at all plastic, especially the first one with Channing and Jenna Dewan. It was really one of the very few inspiring films that young people are offered these days

      Delete
  6. Dez, in case you don't make it back over to my blog, Commentluv won't accept the www in your URL. If you just use http://hollywood-spy.blogspot.com/ it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pop over later today :) And thanks for that piece of info.

      Delete
  7. Bollywood has come to America. Where else can you have people just start dancing in the most inappropriate occasions in the middle of nowhere. ;_) I haven't seen any of the first three but I'm sure my step-daughter will be dying to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how I would love it if people would just start dancing in the streets in my town for no reason :)

      Delete
  8. I think I'll start with the book...it sounds good. I'm not a fan of going and seeing the movie adaptation if I've read the book, and in this case, for me, I think the book would be more appealing! (if it's well written, and it sounds like it is)

    I'm with you on dance movies...love to watch the moves, if you're recommending this be added to my list...consider it done!

    Now...if Brad Pitt were starring in the War Magician...hmmm, might be up my alley!

    Always good dropping by and being visually distracted!

    And...FYI...the blogger fiasco was because I was visiting too many sites with word verification where I was leaving comments with respect to the A to Z Challenge...I'm doing a post on "losing the WV" - I remember that being a very useful piece of advice you gave me during last year's Challenge!

    Hugs and Smiles, Jenny @ Pearson Report
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dance movies for me are like romantic ones too, I will watch them even when they're bad, because I feel we should support everything that inspired goodness and something positive. I've seen only first STEP UP, and I loved it.

      I still can't believe there are people who have word verification at their blogs, it is so impolite and we've all silently agreed around the blogosphere not to use it unless it is really neccesary, but even then people should put WV within the comment box not separately.

      Delete
  9. Another step up movie..haha..just getting laughable now, as if they weren't before. Magic and war, well at least it's original. But they'll still glorify it to make it seem all grand, pfft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, please, cat, I bet you wiggle your tail and move your paws whenever a good music starts and I bet you know all dance routines from Lady Gaga's videos :))) Pffft...

      Delete
    2. The cat will do no such thing, now Pat and that Zebra, hmmm may be another story..lol

      Delete
  10. You know how I love WWII, but they have to get it right. I like magic too. It's a strange thing to trend, but I'd give it a chance. Dancing....always!! It's erotic, it's fun and it feels good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HOBGOBLIN should be really great, if done right and if they don't make a mockery of the fight against Nazis. It's a historical thing and you must be careful not to make it an entertaining thing. As far as I remember it will also be a very expensive show.
      Agreed that dancing is erotic :)

      Delete
  11. That was an interesting trailer. People don't break out into spontaneous dancing in Miami. Okay...well sometimes. ;)

    The War Magician looks like a unique story. I haven't heard of that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no? Oh, bummer, I was so hoping that Miami is all about dirty dancing :)

      Delete
  12. Wow, It's great to see some recognition to the bunch of people who created phantom armies of tanks and airfields, contributing to the success in North Africa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's an interesting part of history, isn't it? And not many people know about magic used in real fighting.

      Delete
  13. I really want to go pick up a copy of War Magician before I go see said movie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Apart form the cool poster, Step Up 4 really does nothing for me!!

    Happy Tuesday Dezzy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh - The Mountain Between Us sounds so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will be a real drama with some romance :) Hope they find some nice actors for it

      Delete
  16. I hate Step Up because it is totally oblivious to black peoples influence to Hip Hop Dance. I mean in all the films there are no formidable black characters who can actually dance. The hollywood producers should give a chance to shine in dance flicks also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, I really hope I won't offend you or something, since HOLLYWOOD SPY always supports equality and rights of all people, but don't you think that insisting on black people in all possible casts actually is a kind of racism? It means you are choosing people for their skin colour not for their talent or the story. And I'm not fully sure, but I think there was a black character in the first part of STEP UP.

      Delete
  17. "Hobgoblin" sounds the business, release date?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no release date, yet, Lurk, the production hasn't even started :)

      Delete
  18. There was a Step Up 2 and 3? Why?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. because this world could use dancing youngsters :)

      Delete
  19. Oh those Nazis and the way they unleash supernatural powers in these stories. Hobgoblin sounds pretty cool and I'd also like to see the War Magician.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i do like dance movies... though i don't watch them that often, because i need to WATCH and not just listen. the human form in movement- just wow!
    but that poster! ugh! after seeing the trailer you can tell they're drawing from the style in a dance, but- they should have gone with the look or abandoned it. this mashed up photo with terrible hair is not... good.

    the second magician war movie sounds really interesting. the first= ????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure that's official poster, it's possible it's fanmade :)

      Delete
  21. god no please god no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO No Step up 4
    MMB is back by the way: http://moviemonstrosityblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/bullhead-in-us-theaters-soon-machete.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. link advertisements are $100 here at HOLLYWOOD SPY we shall send you the bill through post!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.