Wednesday, December 21, 2011

MAGICAL TRAILER FOR "THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY" IS HERE STARRING MARTIN FREEMAN, CATE BLANCHETT, LUKE EVANS, LEE PACE, RICHARD ARMITAGE, IAN MCKELLEN, STEPHEN FRY...

Well, as you know, this spy has a career so I wasn't able to give you the long awaited THE HOBBIT trailer immediately as it appeared
around the Net today, so I guess you've already seen it, but tell me how did you like it? You have it bellow if you haven't seen it. As we've expected from the first, and very early trailer, it doesn't show much of the story or action, but introduces us with the characters and some truly lovely sets and landscapes. It also gives us a glimpse at some of the beloved characters from LORD OF THE RINGS saga such as Queen Galadriel and Gollum. It is also quite atmospheric with very interesting music.  As you know the first part of the saga THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY will premiere in December 2012.  Based
on JRR Tolkien's famous book "The Hobbit", the film will bring the story of Bilbo Baggins, whom we have already seen in "Lord Of The Rings" trilogy.
THE HOBBIT STORY
The story now follows Bilbo as he first encounters Gandalf. Bilbo Baggins is swept into a quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor from the fearsome dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue
by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior, Thorin Oakenshield. Their journey will take them into the Wild; through treacherous lands swarming with Goblins and Orcs, deadly Wargs and Giant Spiders, Shapeshifters and Sorcerers. Although their goal lies to the East and
the wastelands of the Lonely Mountain first they must escape the goblin tunnels, where Bilbo meets the creature that will change his life forever ... Gollum. Here, alone with Gollum, on the shores of an underground lake, the unassuming Bilbo Baggins not only discovers depths of guile and courage that surprise even him, he also gains possession of Gollum's "precious" ring that holds unexpected and useful qualities ...
THE HOBBIT CAST
As you remember from HOLLYWOOD SPY's extensive spotlight on THE HOBBIT characters,the magnificent cast includes Cate Blanchett as the Elven queen Galadriel, Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins, Ian McKellen as Gandalf, Luke Evans as Bard the leader of
Men, Benedict Cumberbatch who will lend his voice to the dragon Smaug, Hugo Weaving as Elven king Elrond, Lee Pace as Elven king Thranduil, Stephen Fry as Master of Laketown, Evangeline Lilly as Elven girl Tauriel, Richard Armitage and Aidan Turner as dwarves....
THE HOBBIT TIDBITS
 First part AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY premieres in December 2012, while second part THERE AND BACK AGAIN will premiere in December 2013! Overly dark and morbid Guillermo del Toro was supposed to helm the film, but fortunately, Peter Jackson took it
over during the pre-production limbo. Actors James McAvoy, Matthew Goode and David Tennant were in the option to play Bilbo. MGM's bankruptcy, Peter Jackson's ulcer surgery and New Zealand union strikes are just some of the troubles THE HOBBIT
went through. Barry Humphries, also known as famous Dame Edna (US audience remembers her/him from ALLY MCBEAL) will play a CGI Goblin King, the ruler of the underground caverns in the Misty Mountains.

44 comments:

  1. YES I will be buying this movie in Blu ray and be watching it in IMAX the second this comes out lol cant wait. Well midnight releases suck so maybe a few hours after it comes out lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Guillermo del Toro is a good director, but considering Jackson did all of the LOTR films i think he does deserve to do the Hobbit films.

    Anyways, i liked the trailer

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Baur
    it's a film for multiple watching

    @Dirty
    yes, we all know your tastes, Dirty.
    The trailer was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic. Just like I pictured it. I wish we didn't have to wait so long for the movie, like Veruca Salt, "I want it now" I will see you when I get back next week Dez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, you know I will miss my favourite Irish-booze-loving girl :) Bring us something nice as a Christmas present, will you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the trailer. It doesn't give too much away but it is enticing. I think the film will be great and will make us appreciate LOTR even more. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yep, Dan, it doesn't give away much, but it is the first, and also very early trailer, a whole year before the premiere. Imagine the next ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely amazing! I can't wait for it to come out. But alas, wait I must. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic! Love the look of the dwarves.

    And I waited to watch it here first. :)

    Merry Christmas, Dezzy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you see, that's why you are my favourite, Luanne :)))
    What did you buy me for Christmas? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know what to expect from this, but I like the review.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woooooooohooooooo!! I hadn't seen this yet - and it is fabulous! How am I going to wait for the movie???

    ReplyDelete
  13. wait! wait! don't let luanne be your only favorite! because i totally saw links to it all over the internet today, and i made myself resist watching it until my dezz posted it!
    so- there! you're loved.
    and it was grrrrreat! my oldest son has read and LOVED the hobbit and he was SOSOSOSOSSSOOOO excited to your read your post and watch the trailer with me today!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Rave
    glad you like it


    @Jemi
    that's the top question everybody is asking today :)

    @Vics
    he he ... don't let anybody hear, but you know you've always been my favourite :)
    Hope you showed your soon THE SPOTLIGHT on THE HOBBIT characters I've posted earlier this year :) It's my pride and joy :) and still brings me thousands of visits :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Are you baking anything wonderful for the holidays? I need to check your facebook page and see what's new :) Have a wonderful Thursday, Dezz!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Uggg I hate when they tease us with something that is a whole friggin year away. No doubt what so ever this one will be good and that is a rare thing now a days. Can't wait, but I must, damn, I really need to make an actual cat time traveling machine...haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, the brilliant Barry Humphries a la Dame Edna... and the voice of Bruce the shark in NEMO.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad Peter Jackson is helming this -- there will be greater consistency with his LOTR trilogy. The trailer looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the lovely screencaps of Thorin (Richard Armitage) and Kili (Aidan Turner). It was marvelous to see the trailer last night, and I'm still humming the song.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to see this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've got one thing to say: nice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't wait to be intoduced to charaters who's later storys I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Excited for the Hobbit. The LOTR was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I found this a little boring as a trailer... which is a worry

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good trailer for a movie that's a whole year away.....

    ReplyDelete
  26. @Lizzy
    I'm working so I don't have a lot of time for baking this year, especially with the decoration of home and yard :) but I think I will make cappuccino and rum roll cake :) I will post it at Face probably this Sunday :)

    @Pat
    a feline time travelling machine? Count me in, my feline captain :)

    @Rob
    we do adore dame Edna, don't we? :) I wish she had her own show, I miss her a lot. I wish she hosted Oscars

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Debs
    I agree, Debs, it would'be a different film without Peter

    @Fabo
    I knew you would like those :)

    @Cbeatz
    will do :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. @Zack
    I can't either!

    @Michael
    nice indeed

    @Bersercules
    hope you checked out our spotlight on the characters, you have the link in the cast section above :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. @Dwei
    the best film ever

    @Scott
    oh, Scottie Grinch, I will tell your wife to take your pants down and spank you a bit!

    @Lurk
    I agree, Lurk!

    ReplyDelete
  30. On the whole, I really liked the trailer and I'm glad they didn't ruin it by showing too much of the action. I am a little concerned by how tall the dwarves seem to be (Thorin in particular), but I'll try to remain optimistic. I also think Thorin looks a bit young. I guess when I read the books, I always pictured him more along the lines of Gandalf's visible age. But no matter, I'm still incredibly excited to see this and I do feel it will be a worthy follow-up to LOTR.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Holy amazeballs. I love that the Dwarves' song is in it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. It's an awesome trailer. Can wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. @Eric
    he does look quite young and tall, but he will attract a lot of audience, since you wouldn't believe how many ladies are in his huge fanclub :) I mean the actor, not the character :)

    @Josh
    yep, the dwarves song is the biggest musical hit today and yesterday :)))

    ReplyDelete
  34. @Clarissa
    glad you liked it, Clarissa

    @Baur
    agreed!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I LOVED this trailer. Well, I loved LOTR so of course I am salivating over this one. Richard and Aiden look fantastic as well as gorgeous Cate. Dec 2012 cannot come fast enough. Thanks for sharing this, my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. glad you liked it Melsy, it doesn't reveal much, and doesn't have my Luke and Lee, but it has Cate :) And the lovely dwarfish song :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. CAN'T WAIT!!!! DECEMBER IS TOO DAMN LONG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I hope that Jackson's team does an excellent job with this film and it turns out to be another 4.5-5 star movie. The success/failure of the two 'Hobbit' movies will likely influence how willing studios are to try to their hands at bringing other, beloved fantasy classics (not named Harry Potter) to the big screen.

    ReplyDelete
  39. @Novia
    it really is!

    @Anthony
    I hope so to, historical epics and fantasy epics are so rare in cinemas, and there is always that danger that one of such projects can ruin the making of others. We had that with ALEXANDER and KING ARTHUR which pretty much developed phobias in big studios towards making big epics :(

    ReplyDelete
  40. There's that b-word again... - Well, I sure hope The Hobbit is more to the point than LOTR, which didn't need an extended version but a leaner one hahaha. I remember going through part 3 and I thought the movie had finished, but of course it went on for another half hour. I've had this special edition of the Hobbit book sitting on a shelf for over a year now. I suppose it's high time I read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, Randy. I also thought the movie was over but then it lasted almost another hour with those boring hobbits. I'm afraid THE HOBBIT could have a problem with that, since those hobbits were the least interesting part of LOTR saga. But it has three of my fave beings in the world in the cast - my beloved Luke Evans, Cate Blanchett and Lee Pace!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.