Monday, January 16, 2012

CHARMING TRAILER FOR JOSH HUTCHERSON'S "CARMEL"! KATE WINSLET IN KENNETH BRANAGH'S "THE GUERNSEY LITERARY & POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY"! CW'S SHOW ON DC'S "GREEN ARROW"!

Now these are amazingly amazing news :) "Variety" reports that Kate Winslet has joined Kenneth Branagh's wonderful movie adaptation of THE GUERNSEY LITERARY AND POTATO PEEL PIE SOCIETY novel by Annie Barrows and Mary Ann Schaffer,  in which the story centers on  a group of London residents who are displaced to the island town of Guernsey after World War II. Kate Winslet will portray a magazine columnist who begins corresponding with a man from Guernsey, and learns how they used the book club to outsmart the Germans occupying the island. The writer takes a journey to Guernsey, where her life is forever changed. I've heard only warm impressions on this lovely book, so I'm really excited about the film which starst shooting this April. I'm excited about Winslet's and Branagh's collaboration as well, since they were absolutely stunning in HAMLET!

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
According to "Deadline" CW is negotiating  with DC to make a TV show out of their GREEN ARROW comic about a superhero who first appeared back
in the 1940's dressed like Robin Hood who is an archer using trick arrows, including glue, net, tear gas and even kryptonite arrows. His secret identity is billionaire Oliver Queen. Luc Besson produced sf action LOCK OUT, which just changed its name into a rather stupid MS ONE: MAXIMUM SECURITY has got its official release date on April 20th. Shot last year in Serbia and starring Guy Pearce, the story of this thrilling film revolves around a wrongly accused prisoner who is promised his freedom if he infiltrates a space jail hovering above Earth in order to free the warden's daughter from the crazed prisoners who have organized a rebellion .Check out the trailer I've posted last year!

Definitely one of the stars which will be all present in cinemas this years, Josh Hutcherson, has a number of big blockbusters scheduled for 2012, including his roles in THE HUNGER GAMES and JOURNEY
2: THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND next to Dwayne Johnson, but this March he also has the leading role in this charming little feature called CARMEL BY THE SEA in which he plays a fifteen year old art prodigy abandoned by his drug addicted mother who then finds refuge in the picturesque art village of Carmel-by-the-sea. While trying to survive on his own, he is introduced to the underground world of art forgery. The cast of this lovely looking movie includes some nice names from young and gorgeous Hayden Panettiere, to Lauren Bacall, Alfred Molina, LORD OF THE RINGS' Billy Boyd and a bunch of people from Clint Eastwood's family, since if I remember correctly, Clint is or was the mayor of this little town in reality?

47 comments:

  1. There's so many greens in comics...why is that? Green hornet, green lantern and now green arrow. Plus he looks like wolverine with the arros poking out of his wrist. lol.

    Plus I'm with you on the strange name change for MS ONE: MAXIMUM SECURITY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because, as you can notice, green is the colour of elven power, goodness and justice.
      I've no idea why they've changed from LOCK OUT to that peculiar title

      Delete
  2. Love the Kate and Kenneth project. It should be a wonderful movie. Green Arrow...To quote my nephew "whatevs."

    Carmel-By-The-Sea is really intriguing. I love the cast. And you're right, Clint was the mayor of this little town for a number of years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will be in love with the Branagh Winslet project, especially since so many people have told me the book is lovely
      So, Clint is no longer the mayor? I think he even bought the place, or was that Kim Basinger who has a town of her own?

      Delete
    2. It was Basinger who had the town. Eastwood was only mayor one term, I could have sworn it was longer. :)

      I'm going to check Guernsey book out of the library. I really want to read it. :)

      Delete
    3. imagine being owned by Basinger, she is quite weird privately, isn't she? One of the most undeserving Oscar winners ever beside Halle Berry, Hellen Hunt, Natalie Portman and Gwyneth Paltrow

      Delete
  3. I've had The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society novel on my TBR list forever. I MIGHT have it read before the movie comes out. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very stupid title change, too much of a mouth full. Green Arrow you say? Hmph seen him enough on smallville rather have a batman one. Carmel looks like it might be good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Batman show should get into production after the movie version finishes according to previous rumours which also said that Karl Urban is being kept for the lead role

      Delete
  5. I had never heard about Green Arrow. :s

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited about Kate's n' Kenneth's project!

    Carmel...looks great! I think Clint's wife is in this clip. Sure looks like her...

    Yes, green power rules ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just saw "War Horse" this afternoon -- great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds great looking forward to watching these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I am very excited about the Guernsey Literary Society... movie. Kate Winslet was a first choice for so many fans of the book to play the main character. Now if only they could get Richard Armitage on board for Dawsey I could die happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I know a lot of people love the book, can't wait for the film!

      Delete
  10. Hayden Panettiere. Any movie she is in is worth watching..

    Weird Funny News

    ReplyDelete
  11. I talked to Pat and he said to switch browsers, he was right, I can comment on everyone's pages again. I missed you Dez! Kate looks fab in this movie, and with Kenneth, oh yeah, I'm going. Camel by the Sea wouldn't normally do it for me, but with Lauren Bacall in it, I'd give it a whorl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I told you about switching to another browser, IE is always the worst solution in all possible cases. Nice to have you back :)

      Delete
  12. wow wee woo wah!! Miss Winslet is looking hot in that image... yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's the reaction I wanted to provoke while choosing that pic :) She was lovely yesterday at the Globes too!

      Delete
  13. I don't know about the Green Arrow one but the one with Kate Winslet looks good, though it has a super long title.

    ReplyDelete
  14. mmmmm Winslet is a tasty little crumpet

    ReplyDelete
  15. looks sweet! can't wait to check them out and watch these

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lauren Bacall! omg. And I love Hayden Panitterie. I don't think I spelled that right... :D But everybody it seems has raved to me about how good the GL&PPS is. Now a movie... I've got to read it FAST. :D LOVE Kate Winslet~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Panetierre :) Or is it double T? lol it's possible she has problem spelling it herself, but she is sooo cute.

      Delete
  17. Interested to see how the Green Arrow will turn out. He's not as well known as the others is he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is not, but looks interesting and you know me loves green :)

      Delete
  18. Even with a new title i still don't have much interest in the Guy Pierce movie. He's a great actor but the trailer didn't impress me at all.

    And while i like Hayden Caramel doesn't look like something i would rush out to see

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carmel looks interesting. I've never heard of Green Arrow before.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm still on the fence about Josh Hutcherson, I hope he'll do well in Hunger Games. Carmel has a great supporting cast, wow, Bacall and Molina are both great, I might rent it because of them.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.