Tuesday, January 18, 2011

HENRY CAVILL AND ALEX O'LOUGHLIN SHOULD BE THE NEXT JAMES BOND. NEW POLL: THE BEST ROMANTIC ACTRESS!

Ah, the second part of WHO SHOULD BE THE NEXT JAMES BOND was basically a huge battle between Alex O'Loughlin's and Henry Cavill's fans. Both are charming gentlemen, but in the end Henry Cavill won with 30% of your votes leaving Alex O'Loughlin in the second place with 29% of your votes.Young Luke Evans got amazing 11% of 360 total votes.
What makes Henry Cavill so special in the sea of celebrity hunks is that differently from most of them who carry the vibe of naughty rebels and sexy bad boys, Henry bears the positive charisma, he's the good guy, the guy next door all girls want to marry and live with him happily ever after. The world noticed him in
his amazing role of Duke Charles Brandon in the mesmerizing historical saga THE TUDORS. After that the doors of Tinseltown have opened up for him and he now has two big new movies set for release in the future: he will be the brave Perseus in Tarsem Singh's ancient Greek epic IMMORTALS this November, and he will take the lead role in THE COLD LIGHT OF DAY alongside Bruce Willis and Sigourney Weaver. You've also seen him in STARDUST, TRISTAN AND ISOLDE, THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO ... His dream role is to play Alexander the Great and that is now HOLLYWOOD SPY's biggest dream too :)  He auditioned for the lead roles in BATMAN BEGINS (but lost to Christian Bale), TWILIGHT (as Edward, but was considered too old), SUPERMAN (lost to Brandon Routh) and JAMES BOND (lost to Daniel Craig) and this is why they call him the  most unlucky man in Hollywood. But his time is coming ... he will be HUGE.

Alex O' Loughlin is pretty much an Australian Gerard Butler - a super charming and stunningly dashing macho man with magnetic looks and a charisma which freezes the screen instantly and you see no one else in the scene but him. He has a humongous fan base around the world even though he hasn't yet conquered Hollywood. He is mostly known for his role in the popular TV show HAWAII FIVE-O
(otherwise known as a 45 minutes long weekly hunkfest), but I'm guessing the whole world stopped turning around to stare at him back in 2010 when he took the lead male role in Jennifer Lopez's romantic comedy THE BACK UP PLAN - and now nobody remembers the plan, the back up, that Lopez woman ... everyone remembers the famous scene in it with Alex (click to see what I mean).Before all that Alex appeared in some other TV shows - CRIMINAL MINDS, MOONLIGHT, THE SHIELD. He actually really WAS a candidate for the role of James Bond before it went to Daniel Craig who might lose the role soon because rumor has it Clive Owen will be 007 in JAMES BOND 24.  He's a close friend with another TV hunk Jonathan Rhys Meyers from THE TUDORS. For many years Alex was in love relationship with famous
Serbian/Australian singer and actress Holly Valance.

And now, before we go to the third part of the James Bond poll, let us take a break with THE BEST ROMANTIC ACTRESS poll. I know you all love romantic comedies whether you like to admit it or not :) so, who's the queen of hearts in Hollywood: Sandra Bullock (WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING, THE PROPOSAL, TWO WEEKS NOTICE), Reese Witherspoon (LEGALLY BLONDE, FOUR CHRISTMASES), Jennifer Aniston (LOVE HAPPENS, THE OBJECT OF MY AFFECTION, THE BOUNTY HUNTER), Katherine Heigl (THE UGLY TRUTH, KILLERS, 27 DRESSES), Amanda Seyfried (DEAR JOHN, LETTERS TO JULIET, MAMMA MIA), Amy Adams (LEAP YEAR, ENCHANTED), Jennifer Lopez (MAID IN MANHATTAN, ANGEL EYES) or Drew Barrymore (NEVER BEEN KISSED, MUSIC AND LYRICS, 50 FIRST DATES, EVER AFTER). You can vote as much as you like next two weeks!

42 comments:

  1. Either of those choices is awesome.

    Henry was excellent in The Tudors, and I love Hawaii Five-O because it is exactly that - a weekly hunk fest. Not to mention the tropical setting is helpful for those of us who live in snow. I didn't know Alex was from Oz, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love Sandra, she starred in one of my fave movies, While You Were Sleeping. But, Drew has also starred in Ever After, another fave. I'm torn. Hmmm...Sandra, she won me over even more in Hope Floats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Henry in "The Tudors", he had heart!
    Really..."The Count of Monte Cristo" I watched that movie, yesterday. One of my fav~

    Geesh tough poll, but will do my part ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Allyson
    I knew you liked your weekly hunkfest :) You didn't get Alex' Ozzy vibe? He totally has it! :)

    @Melissa
    you can vote more than once, just come back tomorrow :) And yes, they both have amazing romantic movies which we'll remember for a long time.

    @Ella
    yes, that's why we love him so much, because he always has heart and soul! My polls always aim to be tough :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tough choice on the ladies. Most are great in rom-coms. I only hope Katherine H doesn't win. She doesn't seem very grateful for the success she has had. Just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah, I've noticed that lots of people don't like Heigl but I don't know why, did she say something bad in her interviews over in USA? I love her in romcoms but I don't know her in media and in the press.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Love the men chosen. NOw off to choose the women.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh you just made my day with these gorgeous photos, Dezzy, you're spoiling me! Well I voted for my dear Henry so glad he won, yay! But I also have a soft spot for Alex so nice that he's in close second. I adore that close up shot of Henry there, you always have a knack for finding the most beautiful pics, Dezzy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, as for your new poll, it's too easy! My vote went to the classiest actress in Hollywood, Sandra Bullock... w/ Reese a close second.

    Heigl and Aniston are just terrible actors, Aniston especially, she just plays a variation of Rachel from Friends. I don't follow much gossip about these folks but from various interviews and movie news, Heigl does seem to be ungrateful about her success and a bit of a diva, plus she just comes across really annoying on screen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Flixy
    he he I knew you would like the pics, especially the ones with magnetic eyes - you just can't stop staring at them, yes? There were just two votes separating dear Alex from dear Henry. The next 007 should be cool as well later on in February.
    There must be something Heigl said or did that makes people don't like her. Is it because of her character in GREY'S ANATOMY, she was playing an annoying brat there ... But I loved her in KILLERS (although I loved Ashton even more :)) and in her flick with our Gerry Berry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I fell for HC in The Tudors. I MUST see him again somewhere. James Bond is as good a place as any.

    I am a succor for magnetic eyes. Siiigh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah, M Pax, we all fell for him in THE TUDORS :) Up in the post you have written in red two of the films he will appear in this year, one of them a huge upcoming blockbuster!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Liking the new pool :) Great post btw!

    ReplyDelete
  14. But what if I am not done with Daniel Craig as my Bond. I don't want a pretty boy in the role. I quite like my Bond to be a thug thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alex is a beautiful man, inside and out, as well as a brilliant actor. I like what you said about only seeing Alex when he is on screen - isn't that the truth?! After collecting all of his work on DVD since he began in Oz thru H5-0, I am not only an avid fan, but will follow this wonderful actor wherever his career takes him. I know that Alex is headed for many awards, TV & movie - and I will be there cheering him on all the way. If you are ever lucky enough to meet Alex in person you will find out that he is not only even more gorgeous in person but he is such a sweet man who appreciates his fans very much.
    ROCK ON, ALEX O!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Forgot to mention - the only reason Alex didn't get the part of James Bond at the time he auditioned was that he was too young. It all turned out well though - I discovered Alex on Moonlight and that will always be special to so many people. After one episode that was it for me - that was when I started collecting everything else he ever did.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do like Henry on the Tudors. So much hotter than Jonathan Rhys Meyers. However, I LOVE Daniel Craig as James Bond. He can stay!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Alex OLaughlin is not only a magnetic, sexy, charismatic, masculine, charming, intelligent, transpiring,sincere man but a versatile,very well trained, experienced actor. Those qualities alone supersede any other's but He has gained extreeme marketability status by His poularity on Hawaii Five O.Popular demand and publicity determines the marketability of a skilled artist, thus financial success. He is also a CLASS ACT - a far better choice for 007! Oh, incase some didn't notice, He has beautifu hypnotic eyes!*.*

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Avalon
    Cavill indeed!

    @Doo
    a new pool? Where, where, where? I must dip myself into it :)

    @Kal
    ah, who asked you? :Pp

    @Michael
    glad you like Alex so much, he really is a sweet charmer. And Henry Cavill also didn't get the Bond role for being too young.

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Samantha
    Henry indeed was hotter than the king Henry in the show :)

    @Anonymous
    ah, I'm not sure how financially successful he is yet, since MOONLIGHT was a flop in that respect, and his film with J.Lo was a flop too, but he is heading in the right direction and has all that it needs to become a superstar. And yes, those eyes are something something ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh ALEX ALEX ALEX what a dreamy man

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think Alex and Henry are both gorgeous. But Henry is my guy. He will be hugh. Love him.

    Note: I thought I heard somewhere that Clive Owen didn't want to be Bond. I think Henry will be seriously considered once Daniel decide ti leave.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ohhhh so many hotties at Hollywood Spy! I think Henry is gorgous, I'm wondering if I can be his Bond girl......no no CJ.... thats just sick!

    ReplyDelete
  24. @Thalia
    I hear you sister

    @Tina
    let us hope so, Tina, although I kinda wish Henry should get better roles than 007 since playing Bond can make you totally unversatile.

    @Chrissy
    what??? I thought you belong only to this spy and no other!!! /criesinconsolablygetsintohisastonmartinanddrivesoffthefirstcliff/

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh give me a kiss you big silly lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. @dEZMOND

    Oh, I have to respectfully disagree. After his Bond stint, Sean Connery went on to make some good films, even winning an Oscar. Henry has that same type of substance about him. He'll be Award material some day.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Here's a deep dark secret I'll share only with you, Dezmond - I loved Moonlight. Seriously choked up when it ended.

    ReplyDelete
  28. he he ... I never had a chance to watch it, but I can totally understand the obsession around that show :))

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Alex O'Loughlin is the most gracious, charitable, kind-hearted, handsome and extremely talented and versatile actor ever. After all, he did interview for Daniel Craig's role as James Bond several years ago, but he was too young then. On the new Hawaii Five-0, Alex O'Loughlin portrays the straight as an arrow, heroic and tough navy seal Lt. Commander Steve McGarrett to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Alex O´Loughlin definitely should get a 2. chance for James Bond. Now he is right because he has learned so much in the past three years and he doesn´t look like a youngster anymore. I´m pretty sure he know how to deal with it.

    GO ALEX!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Alex O'Loughlin is a handsome actor, sexy, brilliant in his work and a great person.e's doing a great job in Hawaii 5.0 and is perfect for action movies.He would be a wonderful James Bond.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Alex O'Loughlin!!! He is talented, charming, charismatic and has an unforgettable screen presence, he would be perfect to play James Bond!! I can't forget to say that he is sexy as hell!

    ReplyDelete
  34. There is no doubt in my mind that Alex O'Loughlin should be the next James Bond. He is super talented, charismatic and so sexy. Alex can take any role and completely make it his own. Even as a villain, one can sympathize with his character... something that very few actors can do! As Steve McGarrett in Hawaii Five-0, he has shown that he is the perfect action figure. As such, Alex would be the best yet, James Bond.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Alex O'Loughlin portrays the best action hero, with his sexy physique, charisma, beautiful eyes and superb talent. He is the perfect actor to portray Steve McGarrett on Hawaii Five-0 as well as the future James Bond.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Alex O'Loughlin would make the best James Bond, he has everything he has presence, he has charisma, he has talent, he has sensuality, he has a magnetism that makes us cling to the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Now Alex O`Loughlin is the perfect Man for the new James Bond!!! He is so great as Steve McGarrett in the new Hit Serie`s Hawaii Five 0...only the perfect action hero!!! Oh and one thing too Alex has dark hair and a James Bond must be dark not blonde!!! *g*

    ReplyDelete
  38. @Maureen, Alavenia, Bianca, Isabel
    glad to see you're supporting our gorgeous and talented Alex, my ladies ;) He would be the first James Bond to make me wanna watch a 007 film :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. get over it, Cavill IS SUPERMAN now, someone that already in the Big franchise never be selected as James Bond. besides Cavill is too pretty to become James Bond. Cavill would became playboy superman i guest

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.