Sunday, September 19, 2010

TARSEM SINGH'S GREEK EPIC "IMMORTALS" WITH HENRY CAVILL AND MICKEY ROURKE TO PREMIERE IN NOVEMBER 2011

Officially my own most anticipated movie of 2011 "Immortals" has been given a release date and a very interesting one - 11.11.2011. Directed by visual genius Tarsem Singh (who brought us amazing visual feasts in "The Cell" with Jennifer Lopez and in "The Fall" with Lee Pace, and he also directed REM's "Loosing My Religion" video) this epic adventure will be set eons after the Gods won their mythic struggle against the Titans, but now a new evil threatens the land. Mad with power, king Hyperion (Mickey Rourke) has declared war against humanity. Amassing a bloodthirsty army of soldiers disfigured by his own hand, Hyperion has scorched Greece in search of the legendary Epirus Bow, a weapon of unimaginable power forged in the heavens by Ares.
Only he who possesses this bow can unleash the Titans, who have been imprisoned deep within the walls of Mount Tartaros since the dawn of time and thirst for revenge. In the king’s hands, the bow would rain destruction upon mankind and annihilate the Gods. But ancient law dictates the Gods must not intervene in man’s conflict. They remain powerless to stop Hyperion until a peasant named Theseus (Henry Cavill) comes forth as their only hope.
Secretly chosen by Zeus, Theseus must save his people from Hyperion and his hordes. Rallying a band of fellow outsiders, including visionary priestess Phaedra (Freida Pinto) and cunning slave Stavros (Stephen Dorff), one hero will lead the uprising, or watch his homeland fall into ruin and his Gods vanish into legend.
As you've noticed the cast consists of some super gorgeous young stars including also young Kellan Lutz ("Twilight") who will portray the Greek God Poseidon, John Hurt will be Old Zeus, Luke Evans ("Clash of the Titans") the young Zeus, Corey Sevier is Apollo, Isabel Lucas ("Transformers") is Athena, Steve Byers is Heracles....

19 comments:

  1. I don't understand why there is no movie release in 10.10.10? I think this is also a sacred date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new Brat Pack? Every generation needs one.
    Looks like an awesome movie, Dezz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jaccsy
    actually Jaccsy, now that you ask, that's the date when I'm planning to release my penguin army upon the unsuspecting world and start my intergalactic domination. You should join my side before it's too late :)))

    @Alex
    I'm sure it will be the most amazing movie, Tarsem never disappoints :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So my suspicion is right.. this quarter is the secret station of the Penguin! I need to call my bat mobile now!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. no, Jaccsy, not those ones, my are the Madagascar Penguins ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, that sounds freaking awesome. Reading through that for some reason I thought it would be a series, which would just be awesome. But movie is still wicked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, if it scores a boxoffice success I guess it might become a franchise :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I happen to like Stephen Dorff and not because he's naked...though that helps. I first saw him in a TV movie entitled, I Know My First Name Is Steven and kept up with his films since then.

    CD

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks to be pretty cool. If it had John Hurt in it, then you've got the older, Classical feel down :P I'm with Bry, I assumed it was a TV show too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Clarissa
    yep, I'm sure that pic helps in spreading love for Dorff :)

    @Jamie
    I wouldn't expect a classical film. Tarsem is probably the most stunning director when it comes to visuals and he said that he will make this movie in the mix of baroque and rock'n'roll style :) So we may expect grandiose, lavish and spectacular sets and dynamic action.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot of mythology type movies out recently?

    ReplyDelete
  12. No complaints! (Thought I'd better add that). This one looks particularly interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is an exciting one! i love films with unique visuals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Lynda
    yep, on my extreme joy, myth and legends are coming back to cinemas

    @Vics
    glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man, I can't wait that long!! I can't wait to see the trailer for this. With Tarsem the visuals will be off the charts... oh and Henry... swoon...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, Tarsem...shouldn't Hephaestus have been the one to make the Epirus Bow? Just curious.

    Anyway...hopefully it's a good flick, niggling details aside.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Flixy
    oh, I'm dying to see a trailer too! Who could wait all the way till winter 2011?

    @MJ
    Ah, MJ, who knows who made Epirus Bow, after all we weren't there ourselves :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mickey Rourke playing a king? Might see it just for that!

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.