Thursday, May 27, 2010

JAMIE BELL AND JOSH HUTCHERSON AMONG LAST FIVE CONTENDERS FOR SPIDERMAN

It seems that after the casting chaos around "Captain America", we now have a new similar situation in which young actors are competing around a lucrative lead role under a super hero costume. According to "Heat Vision" the final five candidates to star as Peter Parker in the new "Spider-Man" reboot are Jamie Bell, Josh Hutcherson, Alden Ehrenreich, Frank Dillane and Andrew Garfield. Director Marc Webb wants a young actor who isn't overly popular to portray Peter Parker in his early high school days since the whole movie will be an angst-ridden tale of a teen dealing with the knowledge that his uncle died even though he had the power to stop it. Anyone you like from the list of top five contenders?

8 comments:

  1. I'm fine either way. It's not like I'm much interested in this new Spiderman movie. I would only prefer a younger actor, if they plan to portray Peter Parker as an early-to-mid teen. No need to go with 25-30 actor there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care too much about this, but I have to admit I like Jamie Bell far more than the other actors, so I'd rather him not take this role. I think he has the talent to be fine without it (films like Jumper aside).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, Bels. I was also never interested in SPIDERMAN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Univarn
    I share your love for Jamie Bell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a Spidey fan either, but yeah Jamie Bell rocks! He's definitely the best actor in this list, he's got amazing range but soooo underrated! Andrew Garfield caught my attention in the Red Riding trailers, he's another young Brit with lots of potential. I'm excited to see Bell in the new 'Jane Eyre' adaptation though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are any of them even still in their teens?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I personally prefer Spidey to be more mature, therefore, I don't really care which of these five candidates will have the role.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @rtm
    yes, Jamie is great. He had some really great roles, he has charisma, he is very charming, and he really deserves some great new roles. I'm excited to see him in THE EAGLE OF THE NINTH. There were even some talks that he could appear in JAMES BOND, but I believe TINTIN will be enough for him in the near future.

    @Alex
    Josh is, I don't know for the guys in the bottom pic. Jamie is older.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.