Sunday, May 22, 2016

FULL TRAILERS FOR ABC'S EPIC SERIES 'STILL STAR CROSSED' ROMEO AND JULIET SEQUEL AND TIME TRAVELLING 'TIME AFTER TIME' ADVENTURE

'STILL STAR CROSSED' TRAILER
FOR ROMEO & JULIET SEQUEL
Full trailers have been released this week for ABC's freshly ordered new historical shows. Starting with their sequel to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet STILL STAR CROSSED, which will hit the small screens probably in the mid season and smells like a potential flop, if you ask me, because of the rather poor casting - I just don't see any charisma nor star power in Lashana Lynch especially not in a love story like this. It also stars magnetic Wade Briggs as Benvolio Montague, Anthony Head as Lord Capulet, Zuleikha Robinson as Lady Capulet, Sterling Sulieman as Prince Escalus, Medalion Rahimi as Princess Isabella, Grant Bowler as Damiano Montague, Torrance Coombs as Paris and Dan Hildebrand as Friar Lawrence.
16TH CENTURY VERONA
 STILL STAR CROSSED is set in 16th century Verona charting the treachery, palace intrigue and ill-fated romances of the Montagues and Capulets in the wake of the young lovers’ tragic fate. The story will revolve around Rosaline (Lashana Lynch), Juliet’s cousin who is taken in by the Capulets after her parents die, forced to suffer her aunt's cruelty as a servant, and then ordered to marry dangerous and deadly handsome Benvolio (Wade Briggs), a Montague!


'TIME AFTER TIME' SERIES
YOUNG  H.G.WELLS ADVENTURES
On the other hand, another of ABC's freshly ordered new shows will have modern times mixed with history!  TIME AFTER TIME  will chronicle the epic adventures of young H.G. Wells (Freddie Stroma) who travels through time chasing Jack the Ripper (Josh Bowman) who, in our day, is a brilliant and charismatic surgeon. Upon arriving in modern New York, he is captivated by museum curator Jane Walker (Genesis Rodriguez). Pop star Jordin Sparks will play a New York stylist Jesse Givens who is also Jane Walker’s roommate, while Regina Taylor will play a billionaire who owns and protects the Time Machine. It is based on the novel written by Karl Alexander.

18 comments:

  1. Alas, I'm not intrigued by either of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn season isn't looking promising at all!

      Delete
    2. I can only repeat - the Fall ain't gonna fall beautifully this year.... there's a stunning lack of imagination in Hollywood, and there's also the ignorant audience which does not respect good things and they get cancelled and then networks don't know what else to give them...

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I really want to like Still Star-Crossed, but that trailer wasn't wowing me. I'll give it a few episodes, but feel it might get tossed to the recycle bin rather quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it will go the way OF KINGS AND PROPHETS sadly went... I just don't think people will buy this casting charade....

      Delete
  3. Can't help myself, I'm looking forward to TIME AFTER TIME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. could be fun if it doesn't have more than ten episodes :)

      Delete
  4. Neither one grabs my attention, although I usually do like a good Jack the Ripper flick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this one is a rather hot Ripper, indeed.... did you know he used to go out with Amy Winehouse... don't ask me why...

      Delete
  5. Maybe I give Time after Time a go. But not sure yet!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time after time seems intriguing, but I'm not sure about the R&J sequel..The actors have to be solid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. which some of them most obviously are not :)

      Delete
  7. I actually liked the trailer to Time After Time! I will definitely be looking for this one, although I am not sure how far they can carry it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. methinks it will have only ten episodes or something like that

      Delete
  8. I don't think either one of these is for me. I still appreciate you posting the info on them though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad to hear it, Pat, daily news don't depend on me but on what Hollywood serves us that day :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.