Saturday, July 26, 2014

AMAZON TO MAKE TV SERIES FROM PHILIP K. DICK'S MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE' SF NOVEL! 'AVENGERS 2 AGE OF ULTRON' CONCEPT ART POSTERS WITH CAPTAIN AMERICA, SCARLETT WITCH, BLACK WIDOW!

THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE
TO BECOME AMAZON'S SF SERIES
According to 'Deadline', Amazon Studios have ordered a TV series pilot episode for a small screen adaptation of Philip K. Dick's famous sf novel THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE! Previously intended for SyFy, the series is set in 1962 in an alternative reality in which Nazi Germany and Japan won World War II and occupy the United States, with the East Coast controlled by the Nazis and the West Coast owned by Japan, and a chunk of the Midwest still up for grabs. Fascism rules and the few surviving Jews hide under assumed names. But an ageing Hitler has one foot in the grave, and the Japanese are preparing for an imminent Nazi stab in the back. The U.S. Resistance is scattered, scared, or crushed.

AVENGERS 2 AGE OF ULTRON
STUNNING CONCEPT ART POSTERS ARE HERE!
Your photo treat for today comes from San Francisco's ComicCon: concept art posters from AVENGERS 2: AGE OF ULTRON featuring Chris Evans as Captain America,  Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, and Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch! Coming to theatres next May, with the team of superheroes, also including Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Aaron Johnson as Quicksilver, Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye, Mark Ruffallo as Hulk, The Avengers will have to fight against greatest of their enemies, powerful Ultron (voiced by James Spader) who can take on stronger physical forms each  time he is seemingly defeated. Don't forget that tomorrow's ComicCon will bring us first THE HOBBIT THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES teaser in the late morning hours (early evening in Europe)!

36 comments:

  1. I like the look of the concept art, I hope the movie is half as good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fingers crossed.... not that I watch superhero flicks ....

      Delete
    2. He loves superblue. You can tell him. He's a friend.

      Delete
    3. He loves what? Say what, say what?

      Delete
  2. Me likes Philip K. Dick. He was delightfully paranoid and delusional, a real fun guy. Truly he's one of my fav classic sci-fi novelists. I'm wondering how they are going to do the sets on this one.

    I've not seen any of the Avengers flicks, but I'm sure this will do well at the box office.

    Moi is most honoured to serve as your Public Relations Manager dahlink. Shall we meet at Shenanigans Pub to plan our next campaign on Galactic Domination?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Methinks me should read the book, since I have it, and I'm almost finished with a historical novel about Serbian medieval Despot George that I'm currently reading.

      I haven't seen Avengers either. I don't do some of the actors in it, and superhero flicks in general :)

      Yes, indeed, and your main task as my Imperial PR is to tell irritating people to sod off :)

      Delete
    2. The list of irritating people is growing exponentially. I can see this is going to be a full time job :0)

      Delete
    3. We do pay extra working hours :)

      Delete
    4. but of course... we have our own doctor... Doctor Hunky who likes close examinations...

      Delete
  3. The voice of James Spader as the bad guy should be good. Neat posters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read a lot of science fiction, so this is the first I've heard of that book. Now I want to read it -- sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple of Dick's books, and as Annzie said above, he is an interesting writer :)

      Delete
    2. Arthur C. Clark is another good one. He was brilliant and had such vision. Peoples from NASA contacted him to help design satellites and many other such wonders.

      Delete
    3. must have been a dream come true for him to get a call from NASA!

      Delete
    4. It's interesting, the peoples from NASA felt that meeting him was a dream come true. He'd inspired so many of them to become scientist that he was a hero to them.

      Delete
  5. I love the sound of the novel, very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, High Castle could be intense.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read a Philip K. Dick book, but the movies I've seen based on his books definitely have a Twilight Zone-ish feel...and I LOVE The Twilight Zone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, and methinks there already was a film on this book of his

      Delete
    2. Dezz, get me out of this twilight zone...

      Delete
    3. Will do, as soon as I water my flowers....

      Delete
  8. Been looking forward to more Avengers II stuff, thank you for sharing... come over to the darkside on Monday I will have some more. By then it will be all over the internet.. have a great weekend, I am heading to the ren faire... all hail, me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, a ren faire! Will you wear a costume?

      Delete
  9. Cool posters. I keep seeing reports from Comic Con. Looks like a lot of fun. Vikings. Outlandish Scots. Favorite fantasy authors. Yeah, wish I were there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and lots of kilts as we've established yesterday....

      Delete
  10. Ultron was in the avengers cartoon, not the greatest villain but this movie version doesn't look much different

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have such a hard time getting into most SyFy shows, so that is one I will probably take a pass on.

    The posters do look very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, they seem to be very disappointing :( SyFy is usually a synonym for cheap and trashy

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.