Thursday, July 17, 2014

ALICE OZMA'S 'THE READING PROMISE' TO BE MADE INTO A MOVIE! SPIKE TV'S 'THE CRUSADERS' AND HISTORY'S 'KNIGHTS TEMPLAR' HISTORICAL MINI SERIES ON CRUSADERS! EPIC NEW 'LIBERATOR' POSTER WITH EDGAR RAMIREZ

CRUSADERS & KNIGHTS TEMPLAR
SPIKE TV'S AND HISTORY'S MINI TV SERIES ON CRUSADERS
And more delightful news coming from Spike TV after last week's update on Ben Kingsley's joining their Ancient Egypt set mini series TUT on King Tutankhamun. They will team up with Oscar winning writer David Franzoni to pen a new historical mini series based on the Crusades. THE CRUSADERS will be set during the Third Crusade, after the fall of Jerusalem to Saladin’s armies, and will follow two very different knights who journey from Scotland to the Holy Land for very different reasons. 

HISTORY'S 'KNIGHTS TEMPLAR'
I've informed you recently that History is also making their own series on KNIGHTS TEMPLAR focusing on their origins. That one will bring the true story of three brothers, all knights, during the first Crusade, as they make the long journey through the Holy Lands to recapture Jerusalem, ultimately bringing rise to the Knights Templar.

ALICE OZMA'S READING PROMISE
GETS  A BIG SCREEN ADAPTATION
Relativity Media has announced that they will adapt bestselling Alice Ozma's memoirs THE READING PROMISE into a big screen movie! It will be a heartwarming, true story of a young woman whose single father, a beloved elementary school librarian, made a promise to read aloud together for 100 consecutive nights. When the hundredth night came, neither wanted to let go of their storytelling ritual, so they continued their tradition until the night she left for college, a remarkable 3,218 nights (eight years) later. Alice tells her story as a series of vignettes about her relationship with her father and the life lessons learned from the books he read to her.

THE LIBERATOR NEW EPIC
POSTER WITH EDGAR RAMIREZ
You can also check out a brilliant new poster for sweeping epic historical drama THE LIBERATOR which sees Edgar Ramirez playing famous freedom fighter and revolutionary  Simon Bolivar who fought over 100 battles against the Spanish Empire in South America. He rode over 70,000 miles on horseback. His military campaigns covered twice the territory of Alexander the Great. His army never conquered - it liberated.

32 comments:

  1. I like The Reading Promise concept. Sounds like it will be a fun movie. Haven't read the book, but I should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do adore such books and such heartwarming films!

      Delete
  2. Whoa, I love that warrior picture you found. :)

    The Reading Promise sounds wonderful. I think I'm going to have to check out the book too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a stash of warrior pics in my gallery vaults :)

      Delete
  3. The Reading Promise sounds like a great story. I wonder if I'll be reading to Bubba until he's eighteen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO looking forward to "The Liberator" -- it looks like a true epic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does look magnificent, and such a brilliant and well created trailer too

      Delete
  5. To much to like! Some great television is coming our way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we're so happy that the historical genre is popular again

      Delete
  6. I've never heard of Bolivar. But he sounds fascinating. Time for a history lesson, Dez. And oh my gosh, how touching about the Reading Promise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is why professor Dezzy is here with his history lessons

      Delete
  7. I know of Bolivar, namesake of Bolivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly! And yet, the movie is from Venezuela :)

      Delete
  8. The Reading Promise sounds so good! I really miss reading to my girls out loud. Now, I think my 15 year old is such a smarty pants, she would think I am slowing her down if I were to still read to her.

    I think I still have some Dr. Seuss books memorized from when she was a baby. I'll Teach My Dog 1000 words was read every. damn. night. And is permanently etched into my brain lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe you can read to your pups now the girls are grown up :) Or to hubs.... something hot maybe LOL

      Delete
    2. Any recommendations on the hot novels, Dezzy? ;) And for the love of God, don't tell me 50 Shades of Crap. lol

      Delete
    3. any of the books I've mentioned here in recent months that are getting movie or TV adaptation :) I do mention the good ones often. Even in this post

      Delete
  9. Looks like The Crusades is the flavour of the week. But we do like sweeping historical epics. What is Spike TV darling? Is it like Sky?

    The Reading Promise sounds touching and uplifting. Much needed fare amongst Hollywoods offerings. I read to The Spawn during the day and at night. We've video of her at 11 months reading out loud as she'd memorized the stories. That child still loves to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which is a great timing having in mind the chaos over in Israel and Gaza....
      I'm not sure, but I think Spike is Canadian, dear. We should ask our Debs to tell us.

      The revival of heartwarming books and movies for teens and kids really is brilliant

      Delete
    2. I wasn't happy when I saw those missiles coming from the Gaza again. It will never end as the Palestinians have vowed to kill every Jew in Israel.

      Delete
    3. yep, never, just like the problems with the warthirsty Muslims here in my part of the world...

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Well, well well, here you are Fran. I'm mad at you again.

      Delete
    2. we haven't seen Fran in a long time here, Annzie.

      Delete
    3. Ya, we both get taken for granted by too many people. We must resolve to only give what we get and not one drop more.

      Delete
    4. that is how I roll too, dahlink, I only comment at places where the people return the favour.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.