Friday, July 18, 2014

'TARZAN' STARS SHOOTING WITH ALEXANDER SKARSGARD, CHRISTOPH WALTZ, SAMUEL L. JACKSON! FIRST '12 MONKEYS' SF SERIES TRAILER. COTE DE PABLO LEADS THE CAST OF 'DOVEKEEPERS' HISTORICAL MINI TV SERIES

TARZAN STARTS PRODUCTION
WITH ALEXANDER SKARSGARD
Today marks the beginning of the production of the new live action version of TARZAN over in UK! The movie is expected in the cinemas in summer 2016 which is two years time :) It has been years since the man once known as Tarzan (Alexander SkarsgÄrd) left the jungles of Africa behind for a gentrified life as John Clayton III, Lord Greystoke, with his beloved wife, Jane (Margot Robbie) at his side. Now, he has been invited back to the Congo to serve as a trade emissary of Parliament, unaware that he is a pawn in a deadly convergence of greed and revenge, masterminded by the Belgian, Captain Leon Rom (Christoph Waltz). But those behind the murderous plot have no idea what they are about to unleash. Samuel L. Jackson, Djimon Hounsou, John Hurt also star in the Warner Bros. adventure.

COTE DE PABLO TOPLINES THE CAST OF
 'THE DOVE- KEEPERS' HISTORICAL MINI SERIES FROM 'BIBLE' CREATORS AT CBS
In today's TV news CBS has found the lead actress for their upcoming historical mini series THE DOVEKEEPERS. NCIS star Cote de Pablo will lead the cast of the four hour mini series based on the bestselling novel by Alice Hoffman about four unique women involved in the siege of Masada in 70 CE. To be produced by 'The Bible's' Mark Burnett and Roma Downey the series will focus on the struggle of 900 Jews to survive in a mountain encampment after being exiled from Jerusalem by the Romans. De Pablo will portray Shirah, a sensuous outsider in Masada who nonetheless attracts attention for practicing ancient rites of magic.

TRAILER FOR '12 MONKEYS'
 SCIENCE FICTION SERIES
SyFy has released first trailer for their new science fiction series 12 MONKEYS which will arrive onto the small screens in January 2015. The remake of the popular sf film, starring Aaron Stanford  (Nikita, X-Men), Amanda Schull (Pretty Little Liars), Noah Bean (Nikita, Damages) and Kirk Acevedo (Fringe), follows the journey of a time traveler (Stanford) from the post-apocalyptic future who appears in present day on a mission to locate and eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will eventually decimate the human race.

39 comments:

  1. So glad to see Cote de Pablo in something. I miss her in NCIS. So wish she'd come back. 12 Monkeys looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I heard correctly she left NCIS herself :) In other news, this is the first time I've heard of her :) Judging from the pictures of her I found on Google she's a tart :)

      Delete
  2. The Dove Keepers should be an interesting story. I actually visited Masada when I was in Israel several years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you did? How exciting! I'm sure it is a very serious place with special atmosphere

      Delete
  3. The plot of "Tarzan" sounds intriguing -- civilized and tamed wild man returns to his wild man roots. It has potential. And Alexander Skarsgard is a handsome young man with just enough of a feral look about him to play the role.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed on the casting and it is fun that they've chosen blond actors for Tarzan and Jane :)

      Delete
  4. Cote de Pablo... well hello. 12 monkeys is a great step towards a tv show as the film needed more substance, hopefully they will get to... before the time is up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew my boys would like Cote de Pablo....
      I've never actually understood what the movie was about

      Delete
  5. I was just thinking, "Wasn't 12 Monkeys a movie?" and you answered that question right in your paragraph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, the one with Madeleine Stowe, Brad Pitt and Bruce Willis

      Delete
  6. Alice Hoffman is one of my favorite authors, though I haven't read The Dovekeepers yet. Will have to fix that soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is some trailer, wow Dezzy ~ Also, I am a big Tarzan fan so I am looking forward to seeing the new chapter ~

    Take care ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do want to see the new Tarzan with this lovely cast

      Delete
  8. I decided to start watching True Blood episodes on my On Demand, and my goodness, Alexander SkarsgÄrd has such a yummy body! Had I known what I was missing out on, I would have started watching that one a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that he and Ryan Kwanten had an extremely hot and naughty scene together recently... sad to miss that one :) but I just cannot stand TRUE BLOOD because I had to translate the books a few years ago and it numbed my brain to no extent

      Delete
    2. Darling. We don't watch True Blood for the story lines. It's all about the eye candy. Just put that junk on mute and you'll be good to go ;)

      Delete
    3. I do admit that I'm guilty of watching all possible Kwanten's movies for reasons very private :)

      Delete
  9. I do hope The Dovekeepers casts some Jewish peoples in it and not the usual white skinned Europeans. But then again when the Brits make a movie about WWII all the Germans have British accents. It cracks me up.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as you can see in the post, dear, they are using Spanish actors to play the Jews :)
      I've watched 300 RISE OF AN EMPIRE recently and as much as I find Sullivan Stapleton hunky, it was rather ridiculous him speaking with Australian accent while playing an Ancient Greek warrior....

      Delete
    2. I haven't seen the new 300, although it is now out on DVD. I'm only in that one for the hunky, half naked men. Ya, they don't bother with getting accents right in any films.

      Delete
    3. it is visually stunning but it doesn't have the depth and the hero spirit of the first movie,and the camaraderie spirit between the heroes

      Delete
  10. Oh my, that's a very blue dress. Wonder how much fabric to put it together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've cut the picture, but it is a kind of a ball gown bottom of that dress, it's flapping in the wind. I'd never put that shade of blue on me, but it looks amazing on pictures and photos

      Delete
    2. I agree with you there. Looks nice in pictures but the shade is maybe something I don't want to wear, but is pretty to look at.

      Funny, that.

      Delete
    3. in my country that shade of blue is called dish blue :) because back when I was lil' most of the metal dishes used for cooking in ex Yugoslavia were of that blue colour :)

      Delete
  11. Wow, Tarzan and 12 Monkeys sound great. As for Masada, from my memory, that didn't end so well, did it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. 12 Monkeys thats ace shall have to dig that out for a re-
    watch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't seen 12 Monkeys in years. Remember seeing it in the cinema when it first came out. However, having read it broken down into layman's terms like so, does anyone else see the similarities to the Terminator storyline? Time traveler sent back from a post apocalyptic future to prevent catastrophic events yet to take place?

    But Tarzan sounds interesting. One for the list when it comes out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that plot is a rather general one, so many movies and shows used it over the years

      Delete
  14. Cote de Pablo.... Never heard of her, but I swear I will remember her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should google her... I tell you that girl has no shame whatsoever

      Delete
    2. better be watching and looking not listening....

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.