Sunday, July 13, 2014

NEW IMAGES AND UPDATES FROM STARZ HISTORICAL FANTASY TV SERIES 'OUTLANDER' STARRING SAM HEUGHAN, CAITRIONA BALFE, GRAHAM MCTAVISH, TOBIAS MENZIES!

STARZ 'OUTLANDER' EPIC SHOW
18TH CENTURY SCOTLAND ON TV
The week behind us was great for the epic genre, what with the news on SHANNARA, THE LAST KINGDOM and THE CLAN OF THE CAVE BEAR epic TV series and with the epic trailer for Ancient Egypt adventure EXODUS GODS AND KINGS, so let us end the week with some new images from the only remaining new epic TV series left to see this summer OUTLANDER which starts airing over at Starz August 9th! It was revealed this weekend that the historical adventure will see its first episode released online (at the show's Facebook and Twitter pages) a week before its official airing and that the whole first season will be divided into two parts: the first eight episodes will air till late September, the show will then take a short Autumn break and will return in January with the remaining episodes of the 16 episode season. Starz CEO Chris  Albrecht has also revealed that he was blown away by the first eight episodes and that he believes OUTLANDER will run for years. The show will also appear at San Diego's Comic Con in two weeks time with all the stars attending the panel!

THE STORY OF OUTLANDER
WHAT IF YOUR FUTURE IS ACTUALLY YOUR PAST?
The small screen adaptation of the bestselling set of historical adventure novels by Diana Gabaldon will  follow the story of Claire Randall (Caitriona Balfe), a married combat nurse from 1945 Scotland who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743, where she is immediately thrown into an unknown world where her life is threatened. When she is forced to marry Jamie Fraser (Sam Heughan), a chivalrous and romantic young Scottish warrior, a passionate relationship is ignited that tears Claire's heart between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives. Tobias Menzies (ROME) plays her 20th century husband with Graham McTavish  (THE HOBBIT saga), Lotte Verbeek (THE BORGIAS), Gary Lewis (BILLY ELLIOTT) and Nell Hudson playing the members of the 18th century Scottish clan.

27 comments:

  1. I'm looking for to this one. I loved the books. Only thing is I don't get cable. :( So I have to wait until it comes out on DVD or someplace else. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Torrents, dear, Torrents, what do you think how the rest of the world watches fresh shows? :)

      Delete
    2. I don't have cable either, so I usually buy episodes on iTunes or Amazon. Hopefully they'll be available right away. Torrents, however, scares me.

      Delete
    3. why would Torrents scare you, dear? It is not illegal, it is a programme through which people share things, kinda the same as when I would come over to your house and watch a DVD together with you.

      Delete
    4. There aren't any there. I've been using it for many years.

      Delete
  2. Oh, yay! It seems like we've been waiting a long time for this. And, yes, there is enough material in this epic story to last for years. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, it has really been a long time... I just wish they would release some quality character pics and posters... everything we've seen so far has been so grayish and unattractive, I've seen tones of comments at Face, Twitter and YouTube from people whose interest hasn't been attracted so far....

      Delete
  3. Outlander sounds fascinating. Sorry to say I haven't read the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't either, there are many of them in the saga

      Delete
  4. Hurray! "Outlander" is being shown in Canada too on the Showcase channel. But it doesn't start until August 24 so we'll always be a bit behind the main broadcast. But I'm really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, that ain't so bad, I'm guessing it might air here too on one of our cable channels.

      Delete
  5. Why split the Outlander series? People get into it, and then they have to wait. I love the books, and was really looking forward to this.

    Netflix really is the future of television series'. Their business model for House of Cards puts the viewer first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that they split it too! Maybe they're planning a new show from September adn need to clear up the space, or maybe they will air BLACK SAILS season two in this gap instead in January

      Delete
    2. I agree with Donna. My mother convinced me to get TV stations back, and I haven't watched much on it. Netflix doesn't have everything I want, but I can watch at my own time and pace.

      Also just started House of Cards, amazing show.

      Delete
    3. Well, I need to check out this House of Cards. My husband mentioned it the other day and I brushed it off. I need to rethink that!

      Delete
    4. @Adam
      I understand the popularity of Netflix. We don't have it outside USA

      Delete
    5. @Theresa
      I wouldn't, it ain't my genre :)

      Delete
  6. This sounds great. I have to resist kicking off a model project after watching it though as it looks like it has some great costumes and settings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will be stunning visually, since the trailer doesn't look attractive in that respect

      Delete
  7. How awesome that Diana Gabaldon's books are making it to the screen. She's an amazing person, from what I've heard, and her books have been talked about in the romance writing community for decades. (I was an aspiring romance novelist in the 90s, so I heard a LOT about them.) Historical stories aren't really my thing, but I'm excited for the author!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Historical stories aren't your thing? Oh, noes, sister, HOLLYWOOD SPY is one of web's leading sources for historical projects :)

      Delete
  8. I haven't read the books, but it sounds very interesting, love the subject, the period, and the atmospheric pictures...Looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like the historical aspect of it, Phil

      Delete
  9. That third picture looks modern. I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.