Wednesday, July 16, 2014

CHARMING 'MY OLD LADY' TRAILER WITH KEVIN KLINE & MAGGIE SMITH! THOMAS JANE TO TOPLINE SYFY'S 'THE EXPANSE' SF SERIES! CHRIS PRATT IN 'GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY' PHOTOSHOOT WITH A RACCOON

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
PHOTO SHOOT WITH CHRIS PRATT AND A SWEET RACCOON
Have you seen the latest Entertainment Weekly photo shoot with Chris Pratt? The lead star of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY shares the session with the most adorable of partners - a delightful little coon! He is promoting the upcoming sf adventure which arrives into theatres August 1st also starring Zoe Saldana, Lee Pace, Glenn Close, Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper. Pratt plays brash adventurer Peter Quill who finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan (Lee Pace), a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits— Rocket (Bradley Cooper), a gun-toting raccoon, Groot (Vin Diesel), a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora (Zoe Saldana) and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer (Dave Bautista). But when Quill discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand — with the galaxy's fate in the balance.

THOMAS JANE TOPLINES
SF TV SERIES 'THE EXPANSE'
In today's television news, SyFy has found the lead actor for their new science fiction thriller series THE EXPANSE in Thomas Jane. In the ten episode series based on the sf novels by James S.A. Corey, Jane will play Detective Miller: a cop in the intergalactic series who discovers a conspiracy while working in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. As I told you before, Jane will first star in historical mini series TEXAS RISING over at History which will describe the historical rise of the Texas Rangers against Mexico. That one will also star Bill Paxton, Brendan Fraser, Ray Liotta, Chad Michael Murray, Olivier Martinez....

'MY OLD LADY' TRAILER
KEVIN KLINE AND MAGGIE SMITH
Your trailer for today is a delightful one for BBC Films comedy MY OLD LADY which hits US cinemas this September starring Kevin Kline as a down and out American who moves to Paris to claim a house willed to him by his estranged father. There he discovers he must wait  for the current tenant, a spunky nonagenerian (Maggie Smith), to pass before he can assume ownership per French law. Kristin Scott Thomas plays her daughter.

37 comments:

  1. My Old Lady looks like a fun movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love movies with an experienced cast

      Delete
  2. That is an adorable coon! I wonder if it was a rescue animal to be so tame and people-friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "My Old Lady" looks absolutely delightful! I like Kevin Kline in a movie and haven't seen him in anything decent for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and the role quite suits him. We've seen a similar movie with Stiller and Drew Barrymoore, but that one was nasty

      Delete
  4. Oh, I can't listen to the video from this computer ... crap.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I look like one. Very cute too... Wendy ;)

      Delete
    2. but you don't eat from the trash bins..... hopefully....

      Delete
    3. people in my country do eat from trash bins... sadly :( Especially with the horrid new government of ours...

      Oooh, why thank you, we do like private stalkers, elegant walkers and smooth talkers....

      Delete
    4. I hate almost all governments..... and that is me being polite.....

      Delete
  6. Really looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy it looks like a its going to be very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to see My Old Lady.

    They look cute, but I'm petrified of raccoons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but they're so cute and sweet and innocent :)

      Delete
  8. I bet you just loved that raccoon cover Dezzy! They are so cute, but they are scrappy little fellas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore it, they're so adorable especially when they're babies! I've always wanted me a coon, an aplaca, a lemur, a mercat and a red panda!

      Delete
  9. Raccoons are weird, you never want them as a pet, they will eat your shoe for a peanut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wait? Why would a coon need a shoe to eat if they already have a peanut for lunch?

      Delete
  10. Baby raccoons are adorable. And so is the guy. :P

    Oh, but I do love Maggie Smith. I watch all her movies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read THOMAS JANE TOPLINES as THOMAS JANE TOPLESS...Coincidence...I don't think so....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He truly is often topless, and I even deliberated on posting one of his shirtless pics but didn't have the right colour :)

      Delete
  12. I was encouraged to see that Kevin Kline was going to be in something--then I realized he's now "the old guy." Your blogs tend to make me feel on the oldish side! In my 20s, I lived for Hollywood news, but it seems to have lost importance to me as I've gotten older. I don't know if that's normal or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, well, sister, we are older than we were yesterday and much older than we were ten years ago :) But it is nice to see that a lot of actors don;t disappear in Hollywood just because they're of the very ripe age

      Delete
  13. My Old Lady looks fantastic. I adore Maggie Smith (who doesn't). And when Kline is cast in a comedy he's a genius. Also good to see Kristin.

    That trailer was hilarious! "I was born with a silver knife in my back" Great line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we will enjoy that one, dahlink. Movies with senior casts seem to be the best ones lately!

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.