Thursday, May 2, 2024

SHERIDAN SMITH TO LEAD I FOUGHT THE LAW TRUE STORY MINI TV SERIES AT ITV

 SHERIDAN SMITH TO LEAD 
I FOUGHT THE LAW ITV SERIES
Jamie Chricton is set to pen the series
News coming from ITV is that they have set Sheridan Smith as the lead in their new mini TV series I FOUGHT THE LAW based on Ann Ming’s book For the Love of Julie, which tells the heart-breaking story of Ming’s 15-year-long battle for her daughter Julie’s murderer to face justice. Ming’s daughter was found in the bathroom of her house in 1990, 80 days after she had disappeared, and the man who killed her was twice acquitted following mistrials before eventually admitting to the murder. The archaic double jeopardy law meant he couldn’t be tried twice for the same crime and it is this law that Ming and her family successfully overturned. All Creatures Great and Small script writer Jamie Crichton is set to pen the series.

8 comments:

  1. How tf does it take 80 days to find someone in their own bathroom? I remember that stupid double jeopardy law. It was a big topic around the OJ Simpson trial. Glad to know the story behind it getting overturned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The corpse was hidden in some secret compartment or something like that, I remember reading about it.

      Delete
    2. You would think the stench of a rotting body would have tipped someone off to her location sooner though. I had a little tiny mouse die in my basement wall and I thought I was going to vomit from the stink for over a week until it finally faded away. I imagine a human body would smell much longer than that.

      Delete
    3. Google the story, it is a very complicated case.

      Delete
  2. That's horrific and sad. I would definitely watch this though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it a real story? p.s 80 days? Noone smells anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It says in the title that it is a true story LOL Google it.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.