Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WARNER BROS RETURNS TO "MANDRAKE" AND "THE DARK TOWER"? CRAIG HORNER IN "JOEY DAKOTA", VANESSA WILLIAMS IN "666 PARK AVENUE", UPDATES ON "BEAUTY AND THE BEAST", "GILDED LILYS", "THE SELECTION" AND "ELEMENTARY" TV PILOTS!

It seems that Warner Bros. is returning to their plans on film adaptation of two famous books/comics. Firstly, according to"MovieWeb" they again want to adapt MANDRAKE THE MAGICIAN, one
of the famous comics a lot of us grew up with. The comic follows a dashing magician and a hypnotist who fights crime with the help of his friend Lothar, the strongest man on Earth. And it seems that, after a cancellation, they are again turning back to THE DARK TOWER film adaptation, which was deemed too massive with three films and two seasons of a TV show which would cover the complex story of Stephen King's saga about a nomadic gunslinger who travels around strange futuristic world in the search of The Dark Tower. The film is still supposed to be directed by Ron Howard with Javier Bardem in the lead role and with HBO doing the two seasons of TV show which would be aired between the three films to connect the story.

 UPDATES ON 2012 TV PILOTS
You've recently had a chance to read HOLLYWOOD SPY'S SPOTLIGHT ON 2012/2013 TV PILOTS, presenting all the upcoming new shows, but
I have some updates for you: Amazing Craig Horner, whom we started to love after his lead role in legendary LEGEND OF THE SEEKER, will finally come back to TV in CW's JOEY DAKOTA, which will focus on Maya (Amber Stevens), a documentary filmmaker working on a film about deceased rock star Dakota. Travelling back in time to the 1990s, Maya meets and falls in love with the musician, becoming determined to prevent his death when she returns to the present. Meanwhile, a show I mentioned in the spotlight, 666 PARK AVENUE, has just cast Vanessa Williams as the owner of one of the oldest apartment buildings in New York which becomes home to paranormal events. David Annable
(BROTHERS AND SISTERS) plays the lead role as the mean who manages the property according to "Digital Spy". The show has also signed super dashing Robert Buckley (he was brilliant in LIPSTICK JUNGLE and ONE TREE HILL) as one of the tenants of the house. CBS pilot ELEMENTARY in which Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu will play modern day Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson solving crimes in New York has added Aidan Queen as a NY cop who worked with them at Scotland Yard too. On the other hand, the most promising of the new shows,CW's sf saga
THE SELECTION, which will be set 300 years in the future following a young girl (Aimee Teegarden) who enters the competition to become the new intergalactic empress by marrying the prince (Ethan Peck), has added Leonor Varela and Martin Donovan as prince Maxon's parents, Queen Amberly and King Clarkson. Deadline reports that British sf star John Barrowman (TORCHWOOD) has lended the lead role in ABC period pilot GILDED LILYS as the charming son of the central family in the show, which tells the story of the opening of the first ever luxury hotel in New York City. He joins Sarah Bolger from THE TUDORS, Blythe Danner, Matt Long, Madeline Zima...  
And over at CW,
Kristen Kreuk won't be alone in BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, about a beautiful NY detective who develops a relationship with "The Beast", a survivor of a botched military experiment, since the lead male role went to handsome Jay Ryan from TERRA NOVA. As you know, ABC also has their version of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST  but theirs is set in the fantasy realm where a beautiful and tough princess (Ruth Bradley) discovers an unlikely connection with a mysterious beast (Darius Campbell). The cast of that one also has F. Murray Abraham as Emperor Dorian and Karen LeBlanc as the fearless leader of rebels who want to dethrone the emperor.

50 comments:

  1. I am very excited about John Barrowman. I adore him and can't wait to see him on tv again. And Craig Horner, yay!! Loved him in Legend and wish that show had gotten picked up for more seasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we love Barrowman too. Loved him when he first appeared in CENTRAL PARK soap and then as first sf gay hero in TORCHWOOD :)
      And you know how much I adored SEEKER, and Craig and especially my Tabreth Bethel whom I miss terribly.... :( Oh, how I miss my Mordsith sisters :)

      Delete
  2. I'm hoping Mandrake the Magician is good! I loved that comic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too as a kid especially when they went to some strange planets :)

      Delete
  3. Can't say I'd ever whine about that Williams pic...haha...I hope they pull off the dark tower, as it sounds like an interesting way to get the whole story in. Seems lots of Scotland yard law enforcement like NY huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've chosen that pic of Vanessa especially for my boys and tomcats :)

      Delete
  4. I think if Vanessa Williams gets any more air brushed in that photo she will disappear (snark rising from jealousy no doubt). :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, jealousy is a naughty thing :))
      But she was miss America after all, she has good genes in her.

      Delete
  5. The Dark Tower series was great, I read it twice. But I don't see how they can make this stick to film and keep the complexity of the story intact. My daughter got so hooked on Torchwood because of Barrowman and she'll be happy to know he'll be on the little screen again (We'll have to wait until Netflix has it though).

    I'm going to come back tomorrow and see if any of the guys could say anything coherent after looking at the pic of Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well that is why there will be three films and two seasons of show to cover the complex story :) We do like Barrowman, and I love how he is proud of what he is.

      The guys will spend the whole day searching for what cannot be seen on the pic, although they think it can be :) (I mean the nipple LOL)

      Delete
    2. He's an inspiration to other young men and he's a cutey pie as well.

      You're pageviews will go through the roof today darling. I hope Vanessa didn't get any splinter while doing that photo shoot.

      Delete
    3. the thing raising my page views this week are countless posts I did on JOHN CARTER:) If you look at my BEST VIEWED POSTS in the right side bar, you will see that in last three days a bunch of posts on the film have jumped higher in the list :) even the ones in which I just mention gorgeous Lynn Collins who has the lead role. And the sexy pics I've posted on her help a lot :)

      Delete
  6. If they pull off the Dark Tower it will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Dark Tower looks pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. '666 PARK AVENUE' Hiii..ih that's the one address I'd never want to live in. Oh, I can totally see Kristen Kreuk as Belle in Beauty & the Beast. Btw, Kristen is part Indonesian, that explains her gorgeous looks :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, I didn't know she was Indo, but she does have the beauty of your girls ;)

      Delete
  9. How hot does Vanessa look? Love the page

    ReplyDelete
  10. I miss legend of the seeker...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not feeling the Elementary thing right now, but then I've been spoilt with Stephen Moffat's EPIC Sherlock on the BBC.

    666 park avenue sounds pretty fun, and I hope that the Dark Tower actually makes it this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 666 PARK AVENUE is probably trying to cash in on AMERICAN HORROR STORY :)

      Delete
  12. Hi there Dezzman! I used to like Vanessa Williams until she started playing those crazy bitch roles. And what did she do to her face? Or does she blame it on paranormal events, I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what's wrong with her face? :) Don't tell me you had the time to look at her face /shakesheaddisapprovingly/ :)

      Delete
    2. Well, she used to look like THIS.

      Delete
    3. seems like the same one to me :)

      Delete
  13. Ouch I bet leaning against that tree is going to smart some what?

    heheh Great pic as ever Dezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know I have to feed you your daily dose of naughty pics :)

      Delete
  14. I was going to make some comment about THE DARK TOWER but everything was pushed out of my brain with that Vanessa Williams pic. Of course, the mere sight of John Barrowman's name brought me back. As glad as I am to see John having landed that role, it also means a longer delay in a TORCHWOOD return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon it won't take long for this post to get in TOP TEN ALL TIME VIEWED thanks to Vanessa :)
      We do love Barrowman!

      Delete
    2. Dear Dezzy,

      When that happens, you and your blue friend owe me dinner in a posh restaurant.

      - Vanessa Williams

      Delete
    3. oh, Vanessa dearest, you are such a tease :)

      Delete
  15. I love visiting here because I learn so much about upcoming events/shows. I've never heard of most of these, but I'm excited about The Dark Tower. Yep, I'm totally jealous of Vanessa Williams. Can she be any more beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'll be totally honest....maybe I'm behaving like one of the guys after looking at the chick (don't care who she is right now) - GUNSLINGER!!! OH MY - OH....I can't think right now!!!!! I'm getting ready to text my son in the middle of his college class, hell, I may call him...no, he'll get kicked out, I better not. I've read the series at least three times (*really more - just don't want to admit to it*) So, let me get this right because my head is spinning...FIVE shows? Holy cow!!! I'm so glad I followed you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no no, there will be three films, the cinema ones, and two seasons of the show in between those films :) Get it? It's never been done before, because they will basically connect cinema with TV. You will have a film, then the show on HBO with the continuation of the story, then the second film, then the second season, and then the third film :)

      Delete
    2. the shooting should start next year according to current info

      Delete
  17. Even a tomcat that's been snip snipped will like that

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's probably the best photo of Williams I've ever seen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looking forward to the Dark Tower :)
    I have to read the second book and so on before the movie is out.

    Wow...that photo of Vanessa William is WOW

    ReplyDelete
  20. yeouch! i sure hope she didn't get any splinters! yikes!

    and i didn't realize they'd pulled THE DARK TOWER... such an ambitious project, i bet funds were the reason... but it's cool it's back on now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is back at least for now :) I wouldn't be surprised if they put it to sleep again

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.