Monday, May 25, 2015

EXCITING FIRST TRAILER AND CHARACTER PHOTOS FROM SYFY'S NEW SF SERIES 'THE MAGICIANS' ADAPTATION OF LEV GROSSMAN'S BESTSELLERS WITH JASON RALPH, STELLA MAEVE, HALE APPLEMAN

SYFY'S 'THE MAGICIANS' SERIES
 GETS 1ST TRAILER & PHOTOS
Now, back when it was announced for production I truly didn't expect much from it, but now that SyFy has revealed the first trailer for their new science fiction series THE MAGICIANS it really seems intriguing, and in some scenes even brilliant and amazing. Check it out yourself in the trailer below which was released along with the first character photos for the new series which isn't coming to us any time soon since it has been announced for next year. It is the small screen adaptation of Lev Grossman's bestselling novels.

IN THE SCHOOL OF MAGIC
The 12 episode first season stars Jason Ralph (Quentin), Stella Maeve (Julia), Arjun Gupta (Penny), Hale Appleman (Eliot), Summer Bishil (Margo), and Sosie Bacon (Alice). Like everyone else, precocious high school senior Quentin Coldwater assumes that magic isn’t real, until he finds himself admitted to a very secretive and exclusive college of magic in upstate New York. There he indulges in joys of college - friendship, love, sex, and booze - and receives a rigorous education in modern sorcery. But magic doesn’t bring the happiness and adventure Quentin thought it would. After graduation, he and his friends stumble upon a secret that sets them on a remarkable journey that may just fulfil Quentin’s yearning. But their journey turns out to be darker and more dangerous than they’d imagined.

25 comments:

  1. I believe that this series is going to please me, I love special effects . Cheers .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there were some really cool scenes in the trailer!

      Delete
  2. The Magicians trailer looks rather interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seems promising but I can't remember the last time I watched anything on Syfy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried their new series OLYMPUS... it was the worst 45 TV minutes in my life.... but I loved their ZNATION and DOMINION wasn't bad either

      Delete
  4. I don't know one single actor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no worries, I don't think anyone has heard of them before :) Mostly newer names

      Delete
  5. The trailer did look promising! As long as the magic stays classy instead of cheesy, then I think it could be a pretty good show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we had magic powers too.... not that we don't... but you know.... some real ones :)

      Delete
    2. Like the ability to make Gerard Butler find me dead sexy :0)

      Delete
    3. you probably wouldn't have much luck with him, dear... he goes for cheap slutty ones (which would mean me has a chance there :)
      Remember when he was here in Serbia... he shagged a bunch of stupid models and such freaks...

      Delete
    4. And Annzie, I always forget to tell you, but our dear Theresa above also lives in Indiana... maybe the two of my fave ladybloggers live in neighbouring towns?

      Delete
    5. That's so neat :) I've only met one other blogger from Indiana. No, I take that back. I did meet a few at a blogging event last year and they all seemed to have sticks up their asses. It's funny how personable people seem online, then when you meet, you just want to scream, "Can you not function unless you are behind a computer screen?" Boring old twits. My favorite lady blogger actually lives up in Michigan, and I've got my fingers crossed our paths will cross in real life some day. She sometimes travels about an hour out from me, and the next time she does, it's a possibility we'll meet then. I don't think she'll be anything like the twits from the event of last year.

      Delete
    6. I don't know how big Indiana is, but it is possible you two live next to each other :) Annzie is in Cambridge City.

      Delete
    7. I am all the way at the top in South Bend. She's in the middle of the state. Probably 4 hours or so from me. I've never been to her city, but looks like she's not too far from Indianapolis. I

      Delete
    8. She's not, methinks :) That about as far as I am from my capital. It takes me a three our bus ride to get to my publisher... or even more by train... which is why Dezzy doesn't do trains anymore....

      Delete
  6. The Magicians looks like it will be a hit. Is The Librarians still on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, sadly they got a second season too :) I tried watching the first episode, but it was just too hilarious

      Delete
  7. This could be a good one. We can't expect that something like magic wouldn't come with some serious dangers. There would always be the temptation to dabble in the dark side of things and lose ones self. And to become addicted would be an easy thing.

    The trailer was good and gave a solid idea of what this is to be like. I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope they don't turn it into a cheap teensy affair, dear.... we live in constant fear of that....

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.