Friday, December 21, 2012

EPIC FRIDAY: NEW "JOAN OF ARC" HISTORICAL TV SHOW! "HITLERLAND" TV SERIES! "SAVING GENERAL YANG" SPECTACULAR EPIC TRAILER!

I really do love the avalanche of new epic shows which is about to hit us in next two years: from DA VINCI'S DEMONS and BLACK SAILS to
WOLF HALL, WHITE QUEEN, OUTLANDER, CROSSBONES, MARCO POLO to VLAD DRACULA and THE CLAN. And the new one of the list is JOAN OF ARC! According to "The Hollywood Reporter" Craig Pearce (the amazing scribe who wrote MOULIN ROUGE and ROMEO AND JULIET for Baz Luhrmann) is going to pen the new historical TV series with Freemantle Media. The adaptation of Kimberly Cutter's bestseller THE MAID, will follow a young peasant girl who believes she is sent by God to save France and will tell the final years of the Hundred Years' War by chronicling them from Joan's perspective as well as the international noble houses which battled for control of the French throne and ultimately the birth of a nation. The show will be an international one similarly to all other epic
shows above. It is interesting that Richard Taylor, the head of famous Weta Workshop and also the costume designer for THE HOBBIT saga, will produce the show. He will use all his skills learned while working with Peter Jackson to produce JOAN OF ARC series over at New Zealand.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
On the other hand, Freemantle media is also preparing to make a TV series out of another bestseller: Andrew Nagorski's novel HITLERLAND will also hit small screens taking viewers back to the 1920’s and 1930’s during Hitler and his Nazi’s fateful rise to power. The story is told from
 the perspective of Americans — diplomats, military, expats, visiting authors, Olympic athletes — who watched horrified and up close. While the book is non-fiction, and told through a series of personal testimonies that were drawn from unpublished manuscripts, uncovered in relevant archives, and conducted useful interviews, the television series will bring the stories into the fictional world to depict the events surrounding this torrid time. The series will show how Berlin of that age went from being the hip place and the centre of everything avant-garde and modern to becoming the centre of the biggest evil in history. HITLERLAND will be a tale of power, political intrigue, and regret. This look back on tragedy will aim to be a lesson in history and why it is important not to repeat past mistakes. It will also be a worldwide project.

SAVING GENERAL YANG
And to finish the glorious day when it comes to historical projects in epic style, here is the long awaited trailer for one of next year's most
 anticipated Asian films - Hong Kong's $20 million historical action SAVING GENERAL YANG.  I've already announced the film back in 2011. The story of the Yang's has been eulogized for hundreds of years in the Chinese society. The story of the film details the exploits of the Yang military family, recounting the unflinching loyalty of the Yang family heirs. The plot places focus on how the seven sons of the Yang family held hands in the rescue of their father. General Yangis played by Adam Cheng while his sons are played by Ekin Cheng, Raymond Lam, Chun Wu, Vic Chow, Chen Li, Bo Yu and Xin Bo Fu, and Fan Xu plays Yang's wife. 

DEZZY'S CHRISTMAS MAGIC
And if you haven't already, don't forget to pop over to NO, REALLY, YOU CAN EAT IT blog where DEZZY'S CHRISTMAS MAGIC is
going on. I'm sharing my best recipes there! Would love to see your comments!

45 comments:

  1. bravo... post except the middle guy... some sweet joan of arc art... all the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the middle guy wanted so much to be the one on top ... if only he hadn't....

      Delete
    2. betcha... he would have done some stupid stuff to get there to...

      Delete
    3. wonder if he will actually appear in the show, or not.

      Delete
  2. I have always been fascinated by Joan of Arc...I can't wait to see what becomes of that project!!

    Also...I think I am going to get to see The Hobbit this weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they do a brilliant casting for the epic series. I do love me epic series so much... much much much...

      Delete
    2. Me too! And I agree - the wrong casting would be so sad.

      Delete
    3. yep, like when they put horrid Lily Sobiesky to play her in a mini series or that terrible Mila Jovovich.... I'd turn over in my grave if they played me

      Delete
  3. Joan of Arc looks like one to see for sure, tons of series to add to my shore, as well. Dropped in after going and seeing the food at the other shore, to see if your umm err snit is gone galore. It is the season after all, so says the writing on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the word "snit" is not here legit,
      since mine wasn't a causeless fit.

      Delete
    2. And a rhyme too, from you at your zoo. Snit could be opinion I suppose and you all know with the cat and his umm arse there she blows.

      Delete
  4. Saving General Yang looks really good. I do love those kinds of epic battle movies. Usually so I can steal ideas for my books. :PP

    Off to check out your recipes. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know I love them too, Luanne, and they are very inspiring for writing and other things :)
      Hope you will like the recipes.

      Delete
  5. As a history major, all three of these catch my eye!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then HOLLYWOOD SPY is the right place for you since we're web's number one place for all things epic and historical!

      Delete
  6. I'm also really excited about all the upcoming epics! That's why I'm glad to be a follower here - at least now I'll get a heads-up as each one comes on board :) How's that for a free endorsement :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. indeed you will, as soon as the first pictures arrive from all these epics, HOLLYWOOD SPY will have them among the first :)

      Delete
  7. What can I say? Savng General Yang looks awesome. LOVE the music in the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. should be a great one with tones of great young Asian actors!

      Delete
  8. Hitlerland will be difficult to watch but I will be interested to see it. Having lived in Germany and worked with a woman who lived through that time as a girl and seeing the camps (from a distance) it's unreal when I hear people say it never happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what can I tell you, Elsie, the Serbs are the second on the list of the nations who had biggest losses in WW2 and WW1 after the Jews, and yet nobody in the world knows it. We've lost almost one third of our entire population back then, there were death camps opened only for Serbs and Gypsies over in Nazi ruled Croatia in which hundreds of thousands of kids, men and women were slaughtered, and yet not many books in the world write about it.

      Delete
    2. You're right, I didn't know that, myself. Not even living there talking to a national. Then again, different country, different experience. I believe it is something that should be written down in books, school books, despite the horror of it. Just like 9/11. So many disagree with me because it is so awful and tragic. My heart goes out to your nation.

      Delete
    3. I've read a book on the life in Berlin before and during the war and it was extremely interesting and plus amazingly written, it's THE LUMINOUS LIFE OF LILY EVANGELINE by Beatrice Colin.

      Delete
    4. It was amazing working with someone who lived through it. She was quite the lady indeed!

      Delete
  9. How did you get it to snow on your blog?

    So very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a magical HTML code for it :)) Me is all so magical :)

      Delete
    2. You have the magic of the Elven Kingdom at your fingertips darling.

      Delete
    3. I also have mithril underpants, darling :) Nothing can pierce through them :) Come to think of it... why the hell do I use them???

      Delete
  10. With Pearce doing the writing, Joan of Arc should be good. Looking forward to the costuming on that as well.

    HitlerLand will be a white-wash of the truth. America was full of Nazi sympathizers with most of the elite backing him financially. They didn't come into the war until late in the game because of it. And by watching their bloody films, you'd not know that any other country was involved. Jaysus, they forget about the British for fucks sake. It's all just PR so they don't have to feel bad about murdering millions of people in other countries since then. They've killed more innocent people than Hitler did.

    And you're right, no mention of what happened in your country is ever made. I know nothing of it myself and I'm ashamed of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe in him too, I love it how historical genre has great producers from him to Michael Hurst and Steven DeKnight.

      Well, you know that there almost isn't a country in the world which hasn't had some kind of attack or invasion by USA or GBR. And if we would count all the victims of USA army around the world, the number would probably shock Hitler himself. And they still considered themselves the ones who won WW2 as if all other nations in Europe haven't been waging the war for four years before they decided to come over and steal the glory. They pretty much came over when we already defeated the Nazis.

      Delete
    2. They constantly tell me how they won the war and WWI as well. Pffft-came into that one late too.

      Delete
    3. yep, it's not like we don't appreciate the help, but it also isn't like they won it themselves.....

      Delete
  11. Joan looks great! I am curious about the cast~
    I love your snow and the recipe looks delicious!
    Thanks Dezzy for being your magic elfin self :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope they cast tones of great faces in it.
      Thanks for believing in my elven powers :)

      Delete
  12. I second what Ella said about your magic elfin self. :)

    I love the idea of the Joan of Arc TV show. She was an amazing historical figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me is an Elf :) I really do have a bit of pointed ears, you know :)

      I know you would like medieval girl power, Melsy :P

      Delete
  13. Hope we'll get Joan of Arc here!
    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, Carol :) Merry Xmas to you too

      Delete
  14. wow! Joan of Arc ! fortunately, we have some heroes in our country who can be used by Hollywood !
    The Hang story could be interesting too, but I didn't see the trailer: it don't works....

    And you, have you see my "Great Goblin" ?
    and "The Hobbit" movie ? I don't yet, but I will do during the Christmas Holidays with the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, hell, I will try to find a new trailer for the film :(
      Hope you will like the HOBBIT, Samwise.

      Delete
    2. I've put a new trailer, Samwise, try it out.

      Delete
    3. the new trailer is ok !
      a lot of action and blood !
      (maybe too much in the trailer?)
      and the other questions?

      Delete
    4. I popped over and left the comment on Goblin King :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.