Thursday, December 27, 2012

DAN STEVENS JOINS BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH IN "THE MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD"! FIRST PICTURES FROM CILLIAN MURPHY'S "PEAKY BLINDERS" SERIES! DREAMWORKS TO ADAPT "LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS"

It's a very slow holiday week in the movie news business, people, so bare with me. The casting info I have for you is for WikiLeaks movie which will probably be titled THE MAN WHO SOLD THE WORLD. I've informed you before that SHERLOCK's Benedict Cumber- batch will portray Julian Assange, the hero of the freedom loving world and the founder of Wiki Leaks who is currently the target of US world wide tyranny, and the new name in the cast is DOWNTON ABBEY's delightful star Dan Stevens. Dan, who is not returning to the fourth season of the British show, will play a hacker close to Daniel Domscheit-Berg, one of the company's most prominent spokesmen. Domscheit-Berg will be played by Daniel Bruhl, and Alicia Vikander is also in the cast.

HOLLYWOOD SPY HEADLINES
Yet another period set project will come from Dream Works. According to "The Hollywood Reporter" the studio has bought movie rights on LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS, debut novel from M.L. Stedman. To be produced by HARRY PLOPPER producers, the story  is set on an island off the coast of Western Australia after World War I. A lighthouse keeper and his wife find a 2-month-old girl and a dead body in a rowboat and decide to raise the baby as their own. But what seems like a blessing soon turns tragic, as morality and love are tested. It is a story of human choices and their consequences, the story of marital and parental love.

PEAKY BLINDERS
Today, you can check out the first pictures from Cillian Murphy's upcoming television series PEAKY BLINDERS. The period set series will see Irish actor Cillian Murphy (THE WIND THAT SHAKES THE BARLEY, BREAKFAST ON PLUTO, IN TIME) in the lead role in BBC's  six-part gangster drama which follows ruthless mobster Tommy, whose family control the "lawless post-war slum neighbourhoods" of Birmingham in 1919. Tommy's family are known as the 'Peaky Blinders' due to their practice of sewing razor blades into the peaks of their caps. The plot unwinds when Murphy’s Tommy finds his leadership challenged when a Belfast police chief
comes to clean up the city, and a beautiful, mysterious woman arrives with a dangerous secret. PEAKY BLINDERS series is created by Steven Knight, who wrote David Cronenberg’s "Eastern Promises" and was Oscar nominated for Stephen Frears’ "Dirty Pretty Things"!

48 comments:

  1. oh, LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS, sounds interesting. Yay for more stories set in Australia!! :)

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas Dezzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would like the Oz element in it :)

      Delete
  2. Light Between Oceans sounds like a great story. Oh and Mr. Stevens sure is a cutie!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is, isn't he? One of the very few charming elements of DOWNTON ABBEY BOREFEST :)

      Delete
    2. I LOVED Downton Abbey! (Admittedly I've only seen season one...) Now, does that mean you despised Gosford Park as well?

      Delete
    3. indeed I have :) It was an utter borefest :) But I didn't despise ABBEY, just didn't love it, it is mediocre storywise and has no atmosphere and even in sets and costumes and production design it is quite grey and monotonous and uninspired. I did like some of the character stories within the show (William and Daisy and such), but generally I find it a bit offensive being served a plate of bored rich people who entertain themselves with intrigues and swim in money while their servants toil like slaves. It should be sad and horrid not entertaining and glamurous :(

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I'm one of the few ones which tried to watch the show, but it makes me fall asleep :(

      Delete
    2. Oh man, I love that show. And the actors and the bits of humor tossed in. But I won't bother to watch the American rip-off. Just not interested. Same with the rip-off of BEING HUMAN.

      Only the originals will do, thank you.

      Delete
    3. yes, but I don't do crime and detective shows :)
      I did love BEING HUMAN and I'm proud to admit HOLLYWOOD SPY is one of the first sites that had been spreading the love for it years ago :)

      Delete
    4. Being in the States, I didn't get to see it until NetFlix had it. Same with Doctor Who and Sherlock.

      Love NetFlix.

      Delete
    5. I have it not :( I must rely on Torrents :(

      Delete
    6. Me too...I rely on torrentz.

      Delete
    7. a sharing programme which allows you to share things with billions of people around the world - films, shows, fresh episodes, music everything. You download them from people who have them and watch them on your computer or telly :)

      Delete
  4. I will bare along with you...smiles ~

    I like the premise of Light between Oceans, thanks for the updates Dezzy~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please do :) there probably won't be much movie info till after New Year's :( This is always the driest period.

      Delete
  5. Although it's not a book I would normally read, The Light Between Oceans sounds like a movie the wife and I could agree on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we do love a nice marital compromise, Bob :)

      Delete
  6. Cillian Murphy!!!! He makes me so very proud to be a Corkster. He was brilliant in The Wind That Shakes The Barley and it was so important to have one of our own play in that role. I cry from the beginning to the end of that film. This lads eyes carry the weight of our history in them and he's so charming as well.

    It will be grand to see him in a big series like this. I wish him only the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should also watch HOW HARRY BECAME A TREE, dahlink. It was directed by Serbia's Goran Paskaljevic and star Cillian and Colm Meaney, two Irish boys :)

      Delete
    2. I'll have to look for it on Netflix tonight. 'Twould be nice if they carried it.

      Delete
    3. Just checked and Netflix doesn't have it. Right now I'm watching the BBC series Bramwell.

      Delete
    4. no wonder, it is a non Hollywood film :(

      Delete
  7. Darling, we're having a blizzard here so if I drop off it means that we've lost power or lost satellite. We're fine, plenty of food etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you took Fang inside :) Stay safe and warm. Hope you have somebody to do the shovelling, I'm worried about you...

      Delete
    2. We're fine as the blowing and drifting has stopped. Power held and I think it's over now. The Spawn has been shovelling the walkways :)

      Delete
    3. woohoo for Spawn doing the shovelling business :))) Make the juniors toil and slave away :PPP that is why we make them :) It's dry here, we probably won't have any snow till January, and it's rather hot with up to 10*C... we hates it, it's a playground for viruses....

      Delete
    4. Glad you made it through the blizzard, Anne. :)

      This Cillian Murphy project is the only thing of interest to me. I adore him and Colm Meaney, both.

      Delete
  8. Again not on topic, I'm afraid, but today we went and saw Skyfall. LOVED IT! Best Bond movie ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear it is very popular among the audiences, Debs.

      Delete
  9. Ah!! I was so eager clicking this and expecting new images from Peaky Blinders...it turns out I have already owned it and shared it on my Monthly Murphy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry, Novia, as far as I know these are the only photos released so far.

      Delete
    2. I know!
      I have been keeping my eyes 24-7 for all the new updates of my most anticipated series...can't wait to see Cillian every week

      Delete
  10. As always thank for your good news Dezmond ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it all! But if Dan isn't returning to Downton Abbey...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He said he is not returning, I'm guessing he wants to pursue his movie career

      Delete
  12. Dude. I'm sorry that I dropped off the face of the Earth. I am all kinds of L-A-Z-Y!!

    So, Cillian. I totally dig him. I will pretty much watch anything he is in because I can get lost in his eyes. For hours. I think I have mentioned that before...

    I also think the Wikileak movie would have to be an interesting story. And The Light Between Oceans sounds good too...can't wait to see how they cast the film!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked all the updates today, Mel :)

      Delete
  13. None of these, but Cillian's gangster project really interest me. Though I do wonder at the fate of Bradley Manning, Assange's source in the US Army. I think he'll be tried for treason, then executed. He's been in military prison for the last two years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if they execute him it will be the new stage of evil rule in USA. The fact that they actually still have death penalty is beyond any logical reason and sense. I will pray for Bradley even though I'm an atheist.

      Delete
  14. Hi,
    I am from Virat Bharat I saw This Blog. This Is very Informative to our Youth. Really Good If you Want to see our Site You can easily Visit

    http://www.viratbharat.com/Hollywood/Hollywood_News.aspx

    Thanking You
    Puneet Kardam

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.