Tuesday, November 18, 2014

UPCOMING HEARTWARMING MOVIES: 'SIX DANCE LESSONS IN SIX WEEKS' WITH GENA ROWLANDS, CHEYENNE JACKSON, 'DOUGH' WITH JONATHAN PRYCE, PAULINE COLLINS, 'AN EVERGREEN CHRISTMAS' WITH TYLER RITTER, ROBERT LOGGIA, NAOMI JUDD

6 DANCE LESSONS IN 6 WEEKS
CAN'T LEARN TO DANCE WITHOUT STEPPING ON A FEW TOES
We are having a heartwarming start of the week, people, with me presenting you some of the uplifting movies coming soon to the cinemas. We shall start with a delightful comedy drama SIX DANCE LESSONS IN SIX WEEKS which should dance its way into theatres December 12th with senior actors cast including Gena Rowlands, Rita Moreno, Julian Sands, alongside Jacki Weaver and Cheyenne Jackson! The story follows a retired woman who hires a dance instructor to give her private dance lessons at her home - one per week for six weeks. What begins as an antagonistic relationship turns into a close friendship as they dance together.


HILARIOUS 'DOUGH'
 IT IS NOT JUST BREAD THAT IS GETTING BAKED!
A rather hilarious story will come to us from England in the form of some DOUGH! Jonathan Pryce, Ian Hart, Philip Davis, Pauline Collins, star in this charming story about an old Jewish baker   who struggles to keep his business afloat until his young Muslim apprentice accidentally drops cannabis in the dough and sends sales sky high.

'AN EVERGREEN CHRISTMAS'
HOME NEVER SOUNDED SO GOOD
If you're into something more festive, family romance AN EVERGREEN CHRISTMAS is already in the cinemas:  Leaving her seemingly glamorous Hollywood life on hold, Evie Lee is forced to return to her small hometown and her family's once thriving Christmas tree farm to attend her father's unexpected funeral. As the eldest sibling, she finds herself executor of an estate that owes a massive inheritance tax, much to her younger brother's dismay. Torn between pursuing her music career and saving her family's legacy, she must decide what it really means to find her place in the world. Charleene Closshey stars amidst a colourful cast including Robert Loggia, Tyler Ritter, Booboo Stewart and Naomi Judd in this heart-warming musical holiday tale about facing your past, rediscovering your voice, and fulfilling your dreams.

38 comments:

  1. Hmm, if it has a Judd in it, I suspect my wife will be dragging me to see it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, noes :) That one does look a bit cheap and with some truly bad acting at least judging from the trailer :) The lead actress seems rather lost...

      Delete
  2. It's that time of year, I guess.
    Dough looks rather interesting. Who else is getting "baked?" Here in the States, "baked" means getting high on smoking weed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is why they used it, haven't you read the plot? :)

      Delete
  3. I love Christmas movies...especially the corny ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like heartwarming stories, it offset all the heart-ripping-out stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Six Dances" looks quite funny. I'll go see it -- not that I'm anywhere near that age group, you understand. And "Dough" looks good too -- I like both Pauline Collins and Jonathan Pryce in a movie and haven't seen either in anything recent for quite awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline was so great in THE QUARTET with Bill Nighy and Maggie Smith! Such a brilliant movie that one was.

      Delete
  6. I'm prepared to be heart-warmed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see something heart warming come out once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. SIX DANCE LESSONS IN SIX WEEKS sounds delightful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Dancing & the Baking all sound wonderful. Having inherited, recently a home a "never" intended to - the trailer, cheesy as it seems brought tears to my eyes. Or maybe it's the damn cold! Have a pleasant evening Dezmond! Thanks for the thousand orange remedy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine your happiness when you inherited the house! That luck will never happen to me, but I'm ever so glad to see nice people getting something! Will you live in it, or sell it?

      Delete
    2. I intend to live here. My god-daughter will inherit it next. Such a simple red brick, but the land is so amazing. Never say never. I did, but look at what happened when I least expected it.
      Thank you for calling me nice. You will always be welcome in my home, my friend.

      Delete
    3. So lovely! Have great fun decorating the new house for upcoming holidays :)

      Delete
  10. Six Dance Lessons sounds so cute. I love the line about the foundation for relationships! Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a good sappy, Hallmark story kind of posting day. While I wouldn't see any of these in the theater, if I happen upon them on tv, I'll stop and have a peek. I am in the holiday spirit right now, so An Evergreen Christmas sounds particularly good to me right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, these are more for home watching, during cold weekend evenings cuddled up on a couch :)

      Delete
  12. I'm not a big fan of Christmas movies, but a couple of these sound pretty good. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for this. I'm so into the sappy Christmas movies right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always put heartwarming things on Mondays :)

      Delete
  14. OMY Dezzy call me silly but I love all Christmas' movies and I can see all the year. Lovely!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, and Christmas editions of our favourite comedy TV series too :)

      Delete
  15. Six Dance lessons had me laughing till my sides hurt. "If you say your real age out loud, your face hears you" So true darling and that's why I keep saying I'm 35.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dahlink, I've always known we was of the same age :)))

      Delete
  16. Another Christmas movie! That's good! But my favorite Christmas movie stays Scrooge!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haven't seen it, but I know what it is about :)

      Delete
  17. Too bad Dough didn't have a trailer today. Two very fun and touching movies today Dez. That old woman is quite a character all by herself. That boyfriend in the Christmas movie is an idiot. Dude it never ends well when you try to drag your girlfriend away from her family. Just do a long distance relationship if you can't stay. Hope she can save the farm and all those beautiful trees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there still isn't any trailer for DOUGH, maybe later this winter.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.