Saturday, November 1, 2014

GAL GADOT'S 'WONDER WOMAN' TO BE SET IN 1920S? NICOLE KIDMAN, DEV PATEL JOIN 'LION' TRUE STORY DRAMA! FIRST LOOK INTO 'PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES'

'WONDER WOMAN' MOVIE
TO BE SET IN THE 1920'S? 
While today's fresh news says that Gal Gadot has dropped out of BEN HUR remake with Jack Huston due to her commitments to the standalone WONDER WOMAN movie which DC has announced for summer 2017, there are updates on the super heroine film too:  according to 'Bleeding Cool' WONDER WOMAN will actually take place in 1920 with the first part of the movie taking place on Paradise Island, where Amazonian factions battle for control, which all changes when a man appears on the island and asks the Amazons for help. This could be WONDER WOMAN's primary love interest Steve Trevor with whom she returns to the world of Man, where it is revealed that the setting is the 1920s. The rest of the film will show Wonder Woman, who is a demigoddess and the daughter of Zeus,  exploring this world, where women just won the right to vote, through her own perspective. We might see WONDER WOMAN in the modern world only in BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE and in JUSTICE LEAGUE movie!

FIRST CAST IMAGE FROM
PRIDE & PREJUDICE & ZOMBIES
First look into PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES has been revealed showing Elizabeth (Lily James), Lydia (Ellie Bamber), Mary (Millie Brady), Jane (Bella Heathcote), and Kitty (Suki Waterhouse)! Also starring Sam Riley as Darcy and Jack Huston as Wickham, the movie puts Jane Austen's characters into a world ruined by zombies! Douglas Booth and Lena Headey also star.

NICOLE KIDMAN TO STAR IN
 'LION' NEXT TO DEV PATEL
In today's casting news, Nicole Kidman and Dev Patel have joined Garth Davis helmed movie LION a drama based on the true story of Saroo Brierley, an Indian born Australian who found his birth mother 25 years after they were separated. Dev Patel will play the lead role while Nicole Kidman will portray his adopted mother! Brierley was five when he fell asleep on a train bound for Calcutta. Scared and alone, he was forced to live on the streets. He was adopted by an Australian couple and brought up in Tasmania wondering if he would ever see his Indian family again. Helped by his adopted parents and using Google Earth, he tracked down his mother and her family.



66 comments:

  1. I'd love to see Wonder Woman set in the '20! That would be a shocker for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and it would be nice seeing the ancient Amazon island in the first part of the movie. Could be the first superhero movie I'd watch after GREEN LANTERN and MAN OF STEEL

      Delete
  2. I wonder how they'll explain the time gap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possible sequel would be set in the 40s or 50s, and her being a demigoddess makes for ageless looks :)

      Delete
    2. Time gaps are easy to explain. It's called the search for more money.

      Speaking of gaps, Dezzzzz.... you won't believe what happened in my classroom. Really scary sh... well, there's this Chinese woman... about 50 years old.... and while I was teching she farted so loud I thought there was an earth quake. And then she did it again and again and again.... Dear LLLLLLLLLord!

      Delete
    3. What? Did she notice? Did the others notice? Maybe your classes were so boring that the fart wanted to escape :PPPP

      Delete
    4. The walls were shaking.... Did she notice....

      Boring? My lessons?!!!!!!!!!!!!
      EAT
      MY
      SOCKS!!!!!

      Delete
    5. socks? I only eat fungi on pizza :)

      Delete
    6. not that I don't like cheeese... but I think I will skip...

      Delete
  3. Wonder Woman and the Suffragettes? Hmm. I thinking her boots will stand out. Should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello... Gal Gadot, Wonder Woman... 1920's she didn't even have the right to vote yet? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing Nicole Kidman in Lion. Sounds like an interesting plot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like such dramas too! Maybe not with Nicole, but it will pass :)

      Delete
    2. she has such a talent of picking marvellous roles that would be better with someone else in them :)

      Delete
    3. indeed, just think of Blanchett instead of her in AUSTRALIA, or Zeta Jones instead of her in MOULIN ROUGE, or Emily Blunt instead of her in GRACE OF MONACO

      Delete
    4. He doesn't like Nicole. I love her. She doesn't even have to act. Or speak. You know....

      Delete
    5. or smile... since she is all botoxed :)

      Delete
    6. Yeah, why did she do that? I just don't get it....

      Delete
    7. ask Meg Ryan or Courtney Cox or Rene Zelwegger

      Delete
    8. Plus I hate movie titles that include the phrase Dawn of....

      Delete
    9. DAWN OF COONRUSES would've been a great one..... Dezzy's origin story...

      Delete
    10. it would hit people right into the head

      Delete
  6. I'm looking forward to WONDER WOMAN. I like the fact that it's set in a completely different era. Should be a bit of fun. I hope :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ''could'' be set, this hasn't been officially confirmed yet :) as the plot

      Delete
    2. Wendy.... to us you will always be Wonder Woman. Right, Dezz?

      Dezz?

      Delete
    3. Ah, you're a sweet man, Blue! :)

      But Dezzy will probably tell me off now for not reading the post properly!

      Delete
    4. I thought Theresa was Wonder Woman? Wendy could be our Catwoman :)

      Delete
    5. Ah! See I AM getting old. Catwoman she will be. MEOWWWWWWWWWW! By the way, I collect both Wonder Woman and Catwoman comics... Funny coincidence? I don't think so.

      She called me a sweet man, Dezz.

      What post, Wendy? ;)
      Oh hi Dezz. You here too?

      Delete
    6. Nope, I'm not here, I'm just washing the dishes from dindins.... not that I ever have dindins....

      Delete
    7. I tried to be Wonder Woman this year when we did the Disney Halloween night. The husband told me it wasn't very "mom like" for a family themed outing. Pft! I ended up as that Toy Story cowgirl, which was NOT as cool as the Wonder Woman I really wanted to be :(

      Delete
    8. well, if he was any smart :) he'd tell you to save the WW costume for the bedroom at least :)

      Delete
    9. He should dress up as the Scarecrow from Wizard of Oz singing "If I Only Had A Brain". It wasn't a smart move on his part ;)

      Delete
    10. Not 'Mom like'? I would've never said that.....

      Delete
    11. I guess that Robin Hood cap wasn't a thinking cap...

      Delete
  7. Oh, I love the fashions of the '20's. That will be a fun era to see Wonder Woman in, too. But I'm not sure I want to see the Bennet women chasing zombies. I'll have to think about that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, we're skipping on the zombie one for sure. Not that I don't appreciate anyone mocking Austen LOL

      Delete
    2. it's true, as a professor of English literature I do despise Austen

      Delete
  8. This Wonder Woman looks and sounds a LOT different than the one I grew up watching, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonder Woman is going in a different direction and I hope it will turn out great. Pride and Prejudice plus zombies will either be great or a bust, no inbetween there. Lion sounds interesting but need to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LION should be a touching and heartwarming movie

      Delete
    2. Pride and Prejudice plus zombies... Let me read that again.

      Delete
  10. I always associate Wonder Woman with the 70's because of the TV show, but if she's a demigoddess that makes sense that she'd be older .I'd love to see her operate in other eras.

    ReplyDelete
  11. PP&Z sounds like fun. Not the usual setting, I must admit I have the book kicking about somewhere but not got around to it.

    It will be interesting to see Wonder Woman no matter the setting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonder Woman among the first wave feminists? Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the premise for the Wonder Woman movie - could be lots of interesting moments in that time frame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. could be a very unique movie! I prefer them when they're period set

      Delete
  14. Lion looks really good, and the Wonder Woman should be an interesting take on things!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the idea of the 20's for Wonder Woman. Now, if it goes to the 70's, which is an era that just gives me a headache with all that psychedelic crap, then count me out of watching it.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.