Friday, November 21, 2014

BEAUTIFUL 'AGE OF ADALINE' TRAILER WITH BLAKE LIVELY! KEANU REEVES FOR TARSEM'S 'PANOPTICON'? IAN MCKELLEN, ANTHONY HOPKINS IN 'DRESSER' SERIES! SCORSESE, BENICIO DEL TORO FOR 'CORTES' EPIC SERIES! TOM CRUISE IS 'HIGHLANDER'?

KEANU REEVES TO LEAD
TARSEM'S 'THE PANOPTICON'?
One of our favourite directors Tarsem Singh (IMMORTALS, CELL, FALL) is preparing another sf action movie THE PANOPTICON and it seems that Keanu Reeves might take the lead role of a man who goes on a race against time, after receiving a package that includes a pre-recorded message from himself warning that he is the only man who can save the world. He must figure out this complex puzzle to save all of humanity before it's too late.

TOM CRUISE TO MENTOR HIGH- LANDER, DJIMON HOUNSOU KING ARTHUR?
In the news from the epic front, Djimon Hounsou might take the role of King Arthur's mentor instead of Idris Elba in Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE: KING ARTHUR historical adventure, while Tom Cruise is one of the actors that the producers would like to see in the reboot of famous HIGHLANDER epic action. He'd get the role that Sean Connery had of a mentor to Christopher Lambert's immortal warrior!

BBC'S 'THE DRESSER'
IAN MCKELLEN AND ANTHONY HOPKINS IN WW2 TV SERIES
While we are waiting for Sir Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi to start shooting the second season of outstandingly hilarious VICIOUS sitcom this January, McKellen will join another thespian legend in BBC's THE DRESSER! The adaptation of Ronald Harwood's play will see Anthony Hopkins play an ill actor, whose dresser (McKellen) supports him and his theatre company during the Second World War.
SCORSESE & DEL TORO FOR 'CORTES' EPIC SERIES
Over at HBO, historical series CORTES is being prepared with Martin Scorsese and Benicio del Toro producing! This expensive epic drama will tell the sweeping story of Spanish conquistador Hernán Cortés, who brought down the Aztec empire; Malinche, the Mayan girl who helped him do it; and Montezuma, the Aztec leader he befriended and finally put in chains. Del Toro could take the lead role too!

'AGE OF ADALINE' TRAILER
BLAKE LIVELY & HARRISON FORD
I showed you a gorgeous CINDERELLA trailer yesterday, and today here's another truly beautiful one: enchanting drama AGE OF ADALINE will arrive into theatres next April with our beloved Blake Lively playing a young woman, born at the turn of 20th century, who is rendered ageless after an accident in the 1930s. As she watches her friends and family members get older and eventually die, Adaline learns that it will take meeting her new true love to stop this curse. After years upon years of living a solitary life, she meets a man who might be worth losing her immortality for. The cast also includes Ellen Burstyn, as Adaline's 81-year-old daughter, Harrison Ford, and Michiel Huisman.

38 comments:

  1. Hmm, not sure how I feel about Highlander. The original movie is a favorite of mine, but the horrid sequels just about destroyed it for me, before the TV series somewhat redeemed it. Remake it if you must, but there better be at least one Queen song to maintain continuity. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what has happened with Adrian Paul from the TV series, I haven't seen him ever since...

      Delete
  2. I loved the original HIGHLANDER. One of my favourite films. And like Bob said, I hope the music by Queen is heard throughout. It was hauntingly brilliant.

    But Tom Cruise as the mentor? What?? No no no ...

    Good to see Keanu Reeves. He always brings something different to the screen. I like him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you mean Keanu always brings something different? :)) He always plays the surfer dude even when playing a samurai or a Shakespearean character :)

      Maybe it will be a scientology Highlander, and thus Tom as the mentor :)

      Delete
    2. What a lot of old rubbish :)

      Yes, a scientology Highlander. Now you're talking!

      Delete
    3. Good thing is that Tom's PR has said that is just one of many projects he is just in talks about.... meaning it might not happen if we have any luck

      Delete
  3. A remake of Highlander? And with Tom Cruise? I pass on this one!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone will pass on Highlander with Cruise :)

      Delete
  4. The Age of Adaline looks like a beautiful movie! While it could be neat to never age, I don't think I could stand seeing my loved ones all pass away. That would be a tough burden to bear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that type of movies too, and I'm so happy that Blake has finally got a lead role! And what a role it is!

      Delete
    2. I think she will be fabulous in the movie. I never watched her on, what was it? Gossip Girls? I only recently started seeing her movies and thought that girl has some talent!

      Delete
    3. I haven't watched GOSSIP GIRLS either, but she got my heart when I saw her in GREEN LANTERN and also with her warm, calm and refined ellegance, I just love people who have radiant charisma and who are not rude nor vulgar. And I just love her being married to Ryan Reynolds, I wish I was a fly on their bedroom wall :)

      Delete
  5. To me... 'in the end there can be only one'... Adrian!
    Keanu - "surfer dude" - that's funny Dez. I always enjoy Sir Ian. Age of Adaline has a nice musical score. I'd like to see it based on what I heard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sir Ian is such a magnificent thespian! Have you see VICIOUS? I don't think I've ever laughed so much :)

      Delete
    2. No but on your recommendation it's got to be good!

      Delete
    3. it aired on PBS in USA, McKellen and Jacobi were so irresistibly delightful in that sitcom which has only six episodes.

      Delete
  6. The Dresser is sure to be a hit with both of those actors in it. I can't get Vicious here yet, but somehow the Future Son In Law has it. Going to have to find out how he got it.

    Keanu Reeves went on a race against stupidity and lost. Some people just can't outrun their destiny.

    As for Tom Cruise, NO, NO, NO, NO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take it from him, dear. It aired at PBS in USA, and ITV in UK. I had it torrented :) I swear you will pee yourself while watching Ian and Derek doing it together, it's so delightful and funny.

      Delete
    2. He may have torrented it. And since it aired on ITV it will show up on the Youtube as they don't mind their programs being uploaded. Also they do deal with the Netflix.

      Delete
    3. come over and we shall watch it together, dahlink, with a cup of tea, since I have the series in my computer :)

      Delete
  7. Age of Adaline gets my top choice today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to catch the first season of Vicious. Wanted to see that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you MUST NOT miss it, it is the best sitcom in many years and has only six episodes and Christmas special

      Delete
  9. Now, if only two people, a man and a woman didn't age. That would be wonderful. Need to catch Vicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked the movie "The Dresser" when it was made quite a few years ago with Albert Finney and Tom Courtenay -- but the remake sounds fab too! Love both McKellen and Hopkins -- they'll be excellent in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is an outstanding duo, isn't it? Ian always goes so well with other senior actors - with Derek Jacobi, with Patrick Stewart....

      Delete
  11. Daisy loves Blake Lively, so I know we'll eventually see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blake is one of the most charismatic stars in Hollywood! Wish she had more lead roles

      Delete
  12. Hey human, DEZMOND,

    Sorry it has taken so long to get to your site. You have to understand that the hectic life of a celebrity dog means I spend a lot of time hiding from the pesky "puparazzi."

    Speaking of Highlander, did you know that the TV series was party filmed in Vancouver? Must alleged human, Gary, has told me that.

    Pawsitive wishes,

    Penny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, all the best series are shot in Canada :)

      Delete
  13. Adaline looks interesting. I guess it would be tough to see others around you age, and not age yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or it could be cool if you was watching your enemies get old :)

      Delete
  14. Ah a race against time... the story of my life. How's life been treating you, Dezz? Send me an email, will you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we always seem to lose the race against time...it is such a brutal villain, isn't it?

      Delete
    2. I'd like to smash his face in. So, yeah.

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.