Saturday, April 13, 2013

DELIGHTFULLY FUN "VICIOUS" SITCOM TRAILER WITH IAN MCKELLEN & DEREK JACOBI! BRAD PITT IN "FURY" WW2 EPIC! NEW SF SHOWS "RINGWORLD" & "CHILDHOOD'S END" AT SYFY!

And yet another World War II drama (that period has been quite popular for the upcoming projects in Hollywood in last two years) will be FURY which will have Brad Pitt in the lead role. To be directed by David Ayer (DISTRICT 9), and to be released in winter 2014, the film will be set at the very end of World War II, in April 1945. As the Allies make their final push in the European Theatre, a battle hardened army sergeant named Wardaddy (Brad Pitt) commands a Sherman tank and her five-man crew on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Outnumbered and outgunned, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds in their heroic attempts to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany.

  RINGWORLD & CHILDHOOD'S END NEW SF SERIES
  Deadline reports that Syfy is working on two new sf mini series. One will be RINGWORLD, based on Larry Niven's book:  a team of explorers travels to the farthest reaches of space to investigate a
mind-blowing alien artefact called Ringworld, an artificial habitat the size of 1 million Earths. They discover the remnants of ancient advanced civilizations, mysteries that shed light on the origins of man and, most importantly, a possible salvation for a doomed Earth. The second is CHILDHOOD'S END by Arthur C. Clarke which follows a peaceful alien invasion of Earth by the mysterious Overlords, whose arrival ends all war and turns the planet into a near-utopia. Syfy has also announced that they will also adapt Philip K. Dick’s "The Man In The High Castle" and Stephen King’s "Eyes Of The Dragon" and "Darkfall" into series too. 

  VICIOUS TRAILER WITH IAN MCKELLEN & DEREK JACOBI
Now, here's a delightful trailer for hilarious new sitcom coming from British ITV - VICIOUS in which two outstanding legends Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Derek Jacobi play ageing partners Freddie (McKellen), a retired actor, and Stuart (Jacobi), a former barman. 
Earlier last winter I informed you that, created by WILL AND GRACE producers, the sitcom will revolve around friends who have lived together in a small London apartment for nearly 50 years, and love to bicker and argue and are delightfully vicious to each other!

  BIG THANK YOU!
I also wanted to thank everybody who wished your dear Dezzy the HOLLYWOOD SPY a Happy Birthday this Friday :) From all the friends at Facebook, to all the fans and readers at HOLLYWOOD SPY's official Facebook page, to emails and to all my angels at Tweeter and to dear Luke Evans (the star of THE HOBBIT, IMMORTALS, THE THREE MUSKETEERS) who also wished a happy birthday to me yesterday. Love you all tones and tones :)

54 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Dezzy. I hope all your wishes come true.

    I'm so excited for Ringworld. It's an incredible series of books, and I had no idea it had been greenlit for SyFy. I'm just speechless. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Michael :) Had no wishes, so no disappointment if they don't get fulfilled :)

      Syfy has a slate of other sf projects in plan, I shall write about it next week, probably Monday :)

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday Desmond! Also, Ringworlds? Seriously? So it's basically Halo but with a different name and no Master Chief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy birthday dear Dezzy ~

    That Vicious trailer is hilarious, will share with my ZE fans ~ Ringworld looks wonderful too ~

    Have a great weekend and I love your pic ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, dear Grace :) Glad you like my pic :) The spitting image of my avatar, ain't it? :)

      VICIOUS will be such fun :)

      Delete
    2. I agree ~ Have a lovely day dear ~

      Delete
    3. we really need good new sitcoms, especially the British ones with real humour.

      Delete
  4. Well, a very happy birthday! Hope the celebration lasts long through the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Desmond ! lots of good things ;)
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Happy Birthday! I've been unplugged from the internet too much and missed it, but it IS still Friday where I live, so I'm not too late. I hope you had a wonderful/naughty day. :D

    And Vicious looks hilarious. I hope I get to see that here. What a cast. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's still Friday here too, but I post the post earlier (it's officially tomorrows post LOL).
      Thanks :)
      We do love VICIOUS, the two of them will be wonderfully vicious to each other :)

      Delete
  7. You hit my soft spot with the scifi and Vicious sounds delightfully fun. What a fab picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. more sf series on Monday, Marcy :)
      And thanks for thinking the pic is fab :)

      Delete
  8. Ah, Ian. He's is so fun. I hope the adaptations Scyfy does isn't of the cheesy, horrible, D (for dreadful) movie kinds that show up on the cable channel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I need to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Belated Birthday Wishes Dezzy!
    I could bake you a cake-yes, I the Cake Nazi, lol!
    Hope you had a glorious day and gained some fabulous gifts!
    I love your sweater- ;D

    I mentioned you on my blog today!
    :D
    @>--------------
    Oh, I love the Vicious idea~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please do, Ella, since I didn't have a cake today :)
      Glad you like my sweater, it's lovely, isn't it? :)

      Delete
  11. Sir Ian McKellen and Sir Derek Jacobi - can't get much better than that!

    Do you remember Derek Jacobi in I, Claudius? Loved that series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit young to have watched I,CLAUDIUS :p, but I do know about the show, I know that it had an almost theatrical atmosphere.

      Delete
    2. Now you're just showing off :)

      Delete
  12. Crikey, I didn't scroll down enough to see your lovely smiling face!!! So sorry!

    Happy Birthday for Friday :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Wendy :) It's still Friday here for another 13 minutes :)

      Delete
    2. Well, there's still enough time to paint that town red :)

      Delete
    3. no painting red for me, I'm trying to ignore the B-day :)

      Delete
  13. Happy Birthday, Dezzy! I'm mailing you a big cake with fancy icing and candles. Let me know if it arrives safely -- I put a "fragile" sticker on the box and everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The penguins will eat it before I get my paws on it, for sure... :)

      Delete
  14. I like the sound of the new Brad Pitt film! and a belated Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh Dezzy!!!! How'd I miss your birthday!!! Gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no worries, Lyndy, you were sleeping in Oz at the time :)

      Delete
  16. Happy belated birthday!

    I love British comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope your birthday was super.

    I can't wait for Vicious. That picture of the group was enough to put it at the top of my must see list!

    I guess WWII will always be grist for stories. I enjoy seeing them in the movies and reading them in books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, C. Lee!
      VICIOUS will be huge fun :)

      Delete
  18. HAPPY BELATED DEZZY! All the best! I hope you had a blast and enjoyed it with, ahem, a special friend or friends...

    Love 40's based movies and VICIOUS looks evilly delicious...

    SUN and warm weather finally hit Florida.... Lizard definitely shed his cloth skin... LOL. Just got off the beach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Michael. Nope, no celebration for me. Spent it alone, ignoring it :)

      Glad to hear your sunning your dashing self down in Florida :)

      Delete
  19. Happy belated birthday, Dezzy! Seems to me someone's lost a bit of weight! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the stripes are deceiving, I'm a fashion wizard, you know :) I'm still a trendy and poshly refined fat little walrus :)

      Delete
  20. Haha well as long as you don't lose your dezzy sense of humor. See what present is to you: I've turned your name into an adjective. Henceforth dezzy stands for poshly upbeat. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are deeply impressed and thrilled.... our Royal Council should put that word, the newly coined and ever so needed adjective, into official dictionaries! You have our royal permission to use it on a daily basis.
      "dezzy", adj, poshly upbeat, naughty but refined, stunning and deeply creative, also used to describe people with world domination ideas.... Can be used with qualifiers - very dezzy, super dezzy, ubber dezzy, ultra dezzy....

      Delete
    2. That's what I like about you, Dezz.

      Delete
    3. that's very ubber dezzy from you, Blue :)

      Delete
  21. How wonderful that Luke wished you a happy birthday. He is so wonderful. And of course we all sent you love, you are our angel spy, sweetie. :)

    Sorry I'm just catching up, you've been so great and supportive. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, second year in a row, he lurvs me soo :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.