Monday, November 3, 2014

TV UPDATES: 'MCCARTHYS' SITCOM WITH TYLER RITTER STARTS AT CBS, 'BENCHED' WITH JAY HARRINGTON AT USA! GEOFF STULTS AS A FIRE FIGHTER IN NEW CBS SITCOM! 'WRECKED' DESERTED ISLAND TV COMEDY

'THE MCCARTHYS' SITCOM
TYLER RITTER AS A VERY IRISH GAY BASKETBALL COACH
We shall have a TV day today, people, and I'm bringing you all the latest updates on upcoming sitcoms! We shall start with the latest television comedy (the genre hasn't had much luck this season since BAD JUDGE and A TO Z have been killed at NBC and MANHATTAN LOVE STORY at ABC) to arrive to the small screens this Fall season: THE MCCARTHYS sitcom started airing this Thursday at CBS! Did you watch it, like it? The series revolves around the McCarthys, a close-knit working class Boston clan whose sports legacy runs deep in the family. But when outspoken father Arthur (Jack McGee), a dedicated high school basketball coach, decides to take his athletically challenged, and openly gay, son Ronny (delightful Tyler Ritter) under his wing as his new assistant, the other siblings (who are more sports passionate) start crying foul over their dad's choice. The first episode was OK, but lacked visual identity.


GEOFF STULTS TO STAR 
IN AND PRODUCE A CBS SITCOM
 Speaking of CBS, they have hired Geoff Stults to both produce, write and star in an untitled sitcom which will follow an ordinary bachelor, a firefighter, who has very little ambition in life. However, he suddenly becomes a national hero and is elected mayor after he is filmed saving two children from a burning building.
WRECKED DESERTED ISLAND SITCOM
TBS has ordered a pilot for WRECKED deserted island comedy chronicling the aftermath of a plane crashing on a remote island. Two best friends, along with an extremely diverse group of survivors, must adjust to life in a dangerous new world that poses unique threats which they mostly bring upon themselves. Danny and Owen, who weren’t quite killing it pre-crash, are given the chance to finally be the kind of men they’ve always wanted to be. No longer plugged in, they become the unexpected leaders of this new society devoid of such comforts as social media, wi-fi, indoor plumbing and fast food restaurants
.
'BENCHED' SITCOM
FROM USA NETWORK
Another sitcom which started airing this week, Tuesdays at USA Network, is BENCHED, which stars Eliza Coupe as a high-powered corporate lawyer who falls from grace into the rough and tumble world of a public defender.The 12 episode series also stars always charming Jay Harrington!

27 comments:

  1. Hi Dez!! I've finally made some time for blogging again, now I just need to make some time for T.V. I'm sure you will inspire me with that! Hope all has been well. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! Welcome back to the blogging world!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Dez! I know we lost contact on Facebook because I had to create a new one when my stalker came back. :( I lost all of my friends!

      Delete
    3. We hate stalkers! Boo and hissssss

      Delete
  2. McCarthy's definitely got my funny bone going. Benched - the jury will convene after the first episode peek. Another plane crash & evil island? No.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MCCARTHYS weren't bad, maybe a bit dated, but we shall give them a go a few more episodes. I gave up on a lot of new sitcoms this years, from SELFIE, MANHATTAN LOVE STORY to MARRY ME and A TO Z! They were all dissapointing. So I'm sticking to good old LAST MAN STANDING

      Delete
    2. I'm holding out for sitcom with a sex plot - er, uh, pot. Where is my prince?

      Delete
    3. BABY DADDY is extremely sexy, lots of naked hunks in it, but it is on a break currently

      Delete
  3. Is Tyler Ritter the guy in the front in that poster? If so, is he related to John Ritter? Because he looks JUST like him.

    Thanks for letting me know Bad Judge and A to Z were canceled. They were both on the list of shows I'm watching on Hulu so I can mark them off now. To be honest, all of these new comedies show promise--there are just SO many of them, it's hard to decide which one to watch! Bad Judge was kind of cute, though, I thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, one of his sons, extremely adorable!
      I watched A TO Z for first two or three episodes, but just couldn't stand the lead actress, and the same goes for MANHATTAN LOVESTORY. It is funny that both sitcoms had great male leads LOL My problem is that I love only multiplecamera sitcoms and not the single camera ones and most of today sitcoms are in the second group

      Delete
    2. The lead actress in A to Z was the mom in How I Met Your Mother, right? I didn't watch the last season, but I remember them revealing her in the last episode of the season before and I think it's the same woman. She grows on you, but the secondary characters on A to Z were kind of blah. Mulaney's episode order has also been cut (to 13 instead of 16), which is a shame. It's a cute show and I think it could do well...but maybe the time for Seinfeld-ish shows has come and gone.

      Delete
    3. Yep, that is her, but I don't like that type of actresses, the Zooey Deschanel type :)
      MULANEY is probably the only of the new ones that I haven't checked out yet, but I will, most probably this weekend! Hope the mid season will bring us more sitcoms! It is true that supporting characters in A TO Z were godawful! Especially his best friend! And the horrid boss of his!

      Delete
  4. Ehhhh. None of these are grabbing my attention today. I thought maybe The MCCARTHYS might be good, but after reading the description, I'm passing on that one too. I'll have limited tv watching time for the rest of the year since this is my super super busy time (can you believe we all have birthdays coming up in my family plus Thanksgiving and Christmas!?) so I am being very selective on what is going on the dvr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall still give MCCARTHYS a go for a few more episodes simply because Tyler Ritter is totally irresistible. For some reason, I always fall for sitcom leads :) maybe because they often have the most adorkable actors

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Facebook annoys me more often than not... especially in recent year or two

      Delete
  6. i am not watching anything new, i like something and it gets pulled with in a few episodes... so i say, one year on the air... i will catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always give sitcoms a chance! There are many brilliant ones which never got more than 10 or 15 episodes, but those episodes are still brilliant. GUYS WITH KIDS is one of my faves all time, and it only had 13 episodes or something like that

      Delete
  7. I don't really watch network television. Couldn't have even told you what shows are on anymore. I've probably missed a few good ones. Maybe. Maybe not. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You most probably have. I always pick out the good ones and ignore the rest of the crap. I'm sad that this season has been the poorest that I remember. Can't wait for MARCO POLO to save the day

      Delete
  8. The McCarthys looks funny. But I'm biased. Tyler Ritter looks and sounds like his dad, and I was a HUGE fan of Jack Ritter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that he carries the similar energy too, which is wonderful!

      Delete
  9. Have to agree with Jay. Tyler made me think Jack Ritter was alive again for a second. The McCarthy's on a packed Thursday night for me with Vampire Diaries and How To Get Away with Murder. But I love the mom. "Henry's a murderer's name." Who knew? Not feeling the firefighter sitcom at all but the island one as soon appeal. My father has gone nuts over Benched. He made me memorize the premiere date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. everybody seems to think so today about Tyler :) He does have the same warm energy of his late dad. I still haven't seen BENCHED, will save it for laters :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.