Thursday, November 27, 2014

JENNIFER ANISTON IN 'CAKE' TRAILER WITH SAM WORTHINGTON! NICOLE KIDMAN & REESE WITHERSPOON FOR 'BIG LITTLE LIES' MINI SERIES! AMC FANTASY SERIES 'BADLANDS' CASTS SARAH BOLGER, EMILY BEECHAM, OLIVER STARK

'BIG LITTLE LIES' TO BE TOLD BY
REESE WITHERSPOON AND NICOLE KIDMAN IN HBO SERIES
Tones of TV news for you  today, people, starting with two Oscar winning blonds Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon who will star together in BIG LITTLE LIES HBO mini series. According to 'The Hollywood Reporter' the two of them will also produce, through their production companies, this small screen adaptation of Liane Moriarty's bestselling novel about three kindergarten mothers  whose seemingly perfect lives unravel to a murder mystery that takes place during a disastrous parents' night at an elementary school fund raiser.

AMC 'BADLANDS' SERIES
MARTIAL ARTS EPIC ADVEN- TURE
Deadline reports that David Dobkin has been hired by AMC to direct their new fantasy series BADLANDSEmily Beecham (28 Weeks Later), Sarah Bolger (The Tudors) and Oliver Stark (The Curse Of The Midas Box) have been cast as regulars. The six episode series is described as a genre bending martial arts series very loosely based on the classic Chinese tale “Journey to the West.” In a land controlled by feudal barons, it tells the story of a great warrior and a young boy who embark on a journey across a dangerous land to find enlightenment. Emily Beecham plays The Widow, a regal beauty and a cunning strategist with extravagant, high fashion taste who has gained power the old fashioned way – she’s spilled blood for it. Sarah Bolger plays Jade, a porcelain beauty who masks her ambition with fragile innocence. Oliver Stark plays the warrior’s son Ryer who has not lived up to his father’s expectations.

'CAKE' TRAILER WITH
 JENNIFER ANISTON, ANNA KENDRICK & SAM WORTHINGTON
After days of enchanting fantasy trailers, here's a grimmer one today: Jennifer Aniston's drama CAKE in which she gives, possibly Oscar worthy, portrayal of a woman who suffers from chronic pain and who begins to investigate the suicide of a fellow group member, Nina (Anna Kendrick) whom she barely knew but she keeps appearing in her dreams! These questions give her a new-found, if slightly disturbing, sense of purpose, and she unapologetically inserts herself into the lives of the husband (Sam Worthington) and son Nina left behind. But her search for answers will yield wholly unexpected results!

23 comments:

  1. Well, I am not a Jennifer Aniston fan at all, but I gotta admit that "Cake" looks good. I will go see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad she is taking more of such dramatic roles! She does have talent for it and she already got a huge support from many people who live with constant pain, they say she put every single detail into her portrayal.

      Delete
  2. Wow, I've never seen Jennifer Aniston like that. I'm not a fan of hers either but I want to see the movie after that trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kidman & Witherspoon - interesting combo. Based on the time frame - Badlands sounds okay. Cake - oh wow - Aniston and I could be twins - that's weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how you look like? I've never asked you how old are you, if it is not impolite to ask :)

      Delete
    2. I think I'm 10 years older than her, but that poster is...like looking in a mirror. She has darker eyelashes - and her nose is a little bigger than mine. Wow!

      Delete
    3. she has a Greek nose :)
      When I compare my pics with celebrity pics on those sites which try to find your celeb lookalike, my result is usually that Justin Timberlake is my lookalike, but I don't believe it :)

      Delete
    4. Either way - we''re both prettier!

      Delete
  4. So I'm guessing it's not about tasty cakes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't liked any of Aniston's movies since she left Friends. However, Cake looks different from her bubblegum girly girl image she usually plays. I think I will like this one very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me neither, I liked her romcoms but from the FRIENDS era such as OBJECT OF MY AFFECTION, and PICTURE OF YOU.

      Delete
  6. Finally! A movie to bring out Jenn Aniston's genuine talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she did show it in that film from ten years ago in which she played a cashier

      Delete
  7. Wow, that trailer with Anniston looks compelling. My hubby is someone who deals to chronic pain, so I'm really feeling this movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, she is getting really good response from those who, like your hubs, deal with chronic pain, they say she is portraying them perfectly

      Delete
  8. Nicole Kidman and Reese Witherspoon... Is the drool apparent?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dez....
    I absolutely hate Aniston...hate...did I say hate?
    And...Reese Witherspoon would be lucky to actually look like that in real life...
    Really Blue? Drooling over WItherspoon???
    I expected more from you....MUCH more...
    Geesh...what side of the bed did I get up on?
    The side where I hate Aniston...
    I feel so much better...
    enjoy your evening Dez...
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue does like them Nicole Kidmanish and Reese Witherspoonish :) It's strange he didn't marry a blond :)

      Hope Thanksgiving dinner is going nice at your palace!

      Delete
    2. I am Canadian Dez....
      We had our Thanksgiving in October....
      Man....I am still pissed at Aniston!

      Delete
    3. ah, I was wondering why you're cooking fish for Thanksgiving LOL :)

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.