Sunday, November 23, 2014

TRAILERS FOR GEORGE LUCAS' DELIGHTFUL ANIMATED ADVENTURE 'STRANGE MAGIC' & 'STRANGERLAND' THRILLER WITH NICOLE KIDMAN, JOSEPH FIENNES, HUGO WEAVING

'STRANGE MAGIC' TRAILER
IT LOOKS TOTALLY 'EPIC'! REALLY!
Trailer day for you today, people! Remember how a week ago we all wondered why had George Lucas kept his STRANGE MAGIC animated movie a secret and we hadn't heard about it at all until recently? The first trailer reveals that the reason might be the fact that the movie is a total (although maybe unintentional) EPIC movie rip-off! Which doesn't mean it still doesn't look delightful and lovely!Even some of the characters are total lookalikes!

ELVEN KINGDOM VS DARK FOREST
To open January 23rd, the story is set in two worlds: a beautiful kingdom of fairies and elves, and then a dark forest with scary goblins and other nasty creatures. The residents of those two worlds never venture out of their respective world until forbidden love potions, made from flowers that grow along the border, are let loose. With voices from Kristin Chenoweth, Alan Cumming, Evan Rachel Wood, the movie features lots of pop hits too!


'STRANGERLAND' TRAILER
NICOLE KIDMAN AND JOSEPH FIENNES LOST IN DUST STORM
Another trailer today is for STRANGER LAND! Catherine (Nicole Kidman) and Matt Parker (Joseph Fiennes) are trying to adjust to their new life in the remote Australian desert town of Nathgari. They are pleasant but keep to themselves, unwilling to get close to anyone. On the eve of a massive dust storm, their lives are rocked when their two teenage children, Lily and Tom disappear into the desert. With Nathgari now eerily smothered in red dust and darkness, the locals join the search lead by local cop, David Rae (Hugo Weaving). It soon becomes apparent that something terrible may have happened to them. Suspicion is cast, rumours spread and ancient Aboriginal stories are told in whispers as the locals begin to turn against the couple. With temperatures rising and the chances of survival plummeting with each passing day, Catherine and Matthew find themselves pushed to the brink, as they struggle to survive the uncertainty of their children's fate.

34 comments:

  1. I hate to say this but neither movie seems enticing to me.
    Hope your Saturday was nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? You don't likey them elves and goblins? :) Weekends are usually poorer in offer when it comes to flicks

      Delete
    2. Maybe it's me but they have a hard edge... not the cutesy type I like. Then again - I'd probably go, munch on popcorn, ooh and ahh, and laugh my tail off.(smile)

      Delete
    3. it is sad that things these days have hard edge :(

      Delete
  2. I love the humour in STRANGE MAGIC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God... no camel toe.

    Hi, Dezz. Yes, I'm back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is possible the camel is botoxed down there too :)

      Delete
    2. I knew you'd say that.... I just did.

      Delete
    3. they do perform vagina botoxation and rejuvenation with blood too, you know

      Delete
    4. really guys????????? ewwwwwww

      Delete
    5. Seriously, vagina rejuvenation with patient's own blood was one of the gift treatments that Oscar nominees got at last year's Oscars in their goodie bags. I'm not even joking.

      Delete
    6. GAWD....I wish you were......

      Delete
    7. it's funny that the gents among the nominees got robotic hair transplant surgery :)

      Delete
    8. I'd love to have some robotic hair transplant surgery done...

      Delete
    9. it would take ten robots in my case....

      Delete
  4. "Strangerland" looks suitably chilling despite the Australian heat. My money's on Hugo Weaving to be the bad guy. Or is that too obvious?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he has always been such a villain that I couldn't accept him as ELrond in LOTR

      Delete
  5. Interesting that both movies begin with the word Strange.

    I've never been a fan of Lucas, so I'll pass on Strange Magic. And all the characters from the film will show up in McDonalds Happy Meals and in every store in the US.

    Strangerland doesn't appeal to me as it seems a bit too dark a story for this time of year. Also I can't imagine Nicole playing a role that would require that much raw emotion as I'm not sure she has the depth for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, as you can see in those pics above she has no emotion on her botoxed face :(

      Delete
    2. Botox is the "in thing". My youngest sister is into it and it makes her face look unnatural. She's such a beauty without it bu I think she fears againg and is fighting against it. I like my little bit of crows feet and smile lines as it adds character to my face and tells the story of a longer life.

      Delete
    3. but you is always perdy, dahlink :)
      I've once asked my plastic surgeon if she would botox my forehead a bit because I heard that it stops sweating and I have a problem with sweat on my forehead when it is hot since me is so bald

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I wish they hadn't stolen the costumes and the villain from EPIC

      Delete
  7. Wow! That third photo does look a lot like Epic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope they give us a nice epic poster soon maybe with that scene

      Delete
  8. Have I just been out of the loop a while or was the last time Joseph Fiennes got any significant amount of buzz during Shakespeare in Love?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he had tones of buzz after that too mostly for playing in a few TV series which had promising starts but then got cancelled quickly.

      Delete
  9. It really does look like it ripped off EPIC! But, my family wasn't too fond of EPIC, so maybe this one will be better? We'll wait for the DVD though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I myself adored EPIC, maybe the story could've been more elaborate, but it was visually such food for the soul! I watched the movie awestruck

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.