Monday, March 23, 2015

FIRST CAST PHOTOS AND TRAILER FOR SYFY'S NEW MYTHOLOGICAL EPIC TV SERIES 'OLYMPUS' WITH TOM YORK, SONYA CASSIDY, MATT FREWER, GRAHAM SHIELS!

'OLYMPUS' EPIC TV SERIES
1ST CAST PHOTOS AND TRAILER
I do agree that the trailer and the photos look cheesy and trashy and that a part of the cast seems terribly miscast, but here's something epic for you: new fantasy series OLYMPUS which we shall give benefit of the doubt April 2nd at SyFy! Today you can check out the first cast photos and also the epic trailer for the 13 episode mythological drama series which will take viewers into the action packed world of humans, Gods and monsters!

MEN AGAINST GODS
New mythological series OLYMPUS  follows a young man’s mythical quest to solve the riddle of the Gods, unlock the doors to Olympus and become an immortal. Hero’s epic journey leads him through the darkest realms of Ancient Greece accompanied by the beautiful, but twisted Oracle of Gaia, the powerful sorceress Medea and genius inventor Daedalus. Hero battles trickster gods, vicious monsters, seductive nymphs, kings and despots, as he transforms from fresh-faced naive into a ruthless, cold hearted killer, and match for the gods themselves.

HEROES, KINGS AND ORACLES
Young Tom York is Hero, the bastard son of King Aegeus, and the holder of the Lexicon (the secret code that allows man to enter Olympus). Sonya Cassidy is Oracle a seer who will help Hero. Matt Frewer is Daedalus, a mad genius. Sonita Henry is Medea, a powerful sorceress and a ruthless wife of King Aegeus, aggressive ruler of Athens, played by Graham Shiels. Wayne Burns is their son Lykos, a big hearted strategist. Alan C. Peterson is greedy, scheming King Minos determined to conquer the whole civilized world.

26 comments:

  1. I'm always interested in heroes, oracle and kings...to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it will be good ... especially since BBC's ATLANTIS was so godawful and disappointing

      Delete
  2. So many shows... so little time. I have found with new shows I won't watch them until they are least half a season into it or on the second season...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as a spy my duty is to watch them as soon as they begin... but I do have leftovers which I usually cover during summer when telly has an empty belly :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Dez.....
    Enjoy your weekend?
    These look ok....I guess!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judging from the trailer, "Olympus" seems unnecessarily complex. Nice to see Matt Frewer in something again though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never did get into mythology. I am not sure this one will be my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I'm currently translating a book which is very much into mythology....

      Delete
    2. Then I hope for your sake you enjoy mythology. Otherwise, what a complete bore!

      Delete
    3. I do, history is my fave genre next to sf and this one mixes both :)

      Delete
  6. Yeah. I'm kind of underwhelmed. I think they should have stuck with a simpler theme. As Debra said above, it's complex and therefore confusing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and a better choice of actors too.... the ladies in it all seem so random

      Delete
  7. I think they should use Nina's version of 'wicked game' on a movie or tv soundtrack; she's go some pipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she sung it last night leaving me totally speechless! I'm a huge fan of Celtic and Elven voices.

      Delete
  8. I agree, the visuals look pretty cheesy. But I'm still going to watch it. I'm a sucker for Greek mythology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall certainly give it a try! That is what we do with all epic series

      Delete
  9. Men against gods... The vanity of human beings, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. If they're going to do something like that, it has to be done full-on or it will come across as cheesy. And that means lots of money on costumes, sets, and good actors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. costumes are mildly sad, sets are more or less OK, actors more than terrible... I don't think I've ever seen such a dilettante cast on TV

      Delete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.