Monday, March 9, 2015

TRAILER AND POSTERS FOR EPIC WW1 MOVIE ON BRAVE RUSSIAN FEMALE WW1 'BATTALION' OF DEATH! MARK PAUL GOSSELAAR TO LEAD 'PEOPLE ARE TALKING' NBC SITCOM

MARK PAUL GOSSELAAR TO LEAD
'PEOPLE ARE TALKING' SITCOM
The Hollywood Reporter writes today that superdashing TV star Mark Paul Gosselaar will return to TV after FRANKLIN AND BASH series. He will star in the pilot episode for NBC's possible new sitcom PEOPLE ARE TALKING which will examine sex, race and everything else your parents told you never to talk about. Gosselaar will star as Mitch, a neurotic guy who tends to overthink things, which is completely offset by his optimism, humour and likeability.
 Mitch is a college ethics professor, which may explain why he
 goes through life with a heightened attention to justice. Mitch knows he can't change the world, but he's determined to alter his corner of it. Tone Bell (BAD JUDGE) will play Mitch's best friend and neighbour with Bresha Webb and Brooke Ishibashi also starring.

 EPIC 'BATTALION' TRAILER ON
RUSSIAN WW1 FEMALE SOLDIERS
And here's something epic and visually spectacular: currently playing in Russian cinemas is World War I epic drama BATTALION coming from director Dmitriy Meskhiev and produced by famous Russian filmmaker Fedor Bondarchuk who helmed huge Russian blockbuster STALINGRAD. The story of the historical movie is set in 1917's Russia at the height of First World War telling of the 1st Russian Women's Battalion of Death, formed as part of an effort to inspire the mass of war-weary soldiers to continue fighting in World War I.

DEZZY'S HISTORY CLASS
Beside the idea of inspiring the exhausted Russian soldiers after years of defending their country in WWI they also hoped the presence of women would shame hesitant male soldiers into resuming their combat duties. Beside 15 female formations formed in 1917, there was also an all female naval unit! Only The 1st Russian Women's Battalion of Death, was deployed to the front line commanded by Russian peasant woman Maria Bochkareva who already served in the Army since 1914. When tired male soldiers hesitated to occupy German trenches near Smorgon, the women decided to go without them successfully taking over a number of enemy trenches.

26 comments:

  1. I'm Gosselaar will do a great job, but it's a shame he's headed back to another sitcom. I thought he did a great job as the twin serial killers on CSI and I'd love to see him in another dark, dramatic part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not me, Bob, I'm more than happy that he will cross over to my bright side and be a sitcom star :))

      Delete
  2. "Battalion" looks really good! I hope we get to see it here in the West, either subtitled or dubbed. And great to feature it on IWD, Dezz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, I did choose today's perfect day of International Women's Day to post it, didn't I? :)

      Delete
  3. Fascinating stuff about the first Russian women battalions in 1917. I'd very much like to see that film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish they had a trailer with English subs :(... not that I don't speak Russian :)

      Delete
  4. Battalion was beautiful. I love how the women were portrayed and the video looked amazing. People are Talking sounds interesting but I'm not sold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slavic history is filled with such heartwrenching stories

      Delete
  5. I've heard of brave Russian women in WWII but not WWI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're brave in all ages, centuries and generations

      Delete
  6. I don't know what they said in that trailer, but by the time it was over, my eyes were full of water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the saddest thing is that the battalion was ended after the post war revolution because the male soldiers were too aggressive towards them :( There were even occasions in which the ladies couldn't retreat from the front because the male soldiers wouldn't help them :(

      Delete
  7. "People are Talking" sounds interesting..when will the pilot air?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. probably Autumn or beginning of next year, or maybe even summer

      Delete
  8. Does Mark Paul Gosselaar ever age!? I think I will like him in People Are Talking. I am going to have to add that one to my drv!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he is so hunkylicious. He posed full naked last week in a prank photo with his friend :) You have it at Just Jarred :)

      Delete
    2. Saturday mornings were never the same when Saved By The Bell went off air. I got such a kick on the reunion skit they did on Jimmy Falon a few weeks back. Really made me miss the good old days of good tv!

      Delete
    3. that show was aired here in late 90s for a short time but it was popular among the teens. I myself think the world stopped when FRIENDS ended :(

      Delete
  9. Whoa, she's one tough cookie. Good for her!

    I like the sound of PEOPLE ARE TALKING.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love how they showed the change she had to undergo for the army in the posters

      Delete
  10. Zach from Saved by the Bell is still getting work, 20 years later. Who would've thought?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and deservedly if I may say so.. although I do miss Tiffany Amber Thisen.

      Delete
  11. Zack is back... woo-hoo! I am in for the Russian film... Hope all is well, life has thrown me a curve ball and it's more difficult to visit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a curve ball? Hope not something serious, Jeremy!

      Delete
  12. Well, I still prefer the red dress.

    ReplyDelete

GIVE SOME LOVE TO YOUR DEZZY :) DON'T FORGET THAT BLOGGER'S NEW COMMENT BOX OFTEN REQUIRES FOR YOU TO DISABLE PROTECTION ON YOUR BROWSER IN ORDER TO COMMENT.